Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3325 3326 [3327] 3328 3329 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9419520 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #49890 on: August 09, 2012, 06:38:36 am »

So, I got the perfect room for my study. Then I get this email:

'Congratulations! You are accepted for the study in a city at the other fucking end of the country

screw you'

Now I have to find a new room :(

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49891 on: August 09, 2012, 02:40:15 pm »

flickr.com cannot edit my photos text or roate them, appears completly broken. No share links either

My homebrew is not completly bottled and so it waits in the in the bottling stick and it is outside my controll, need to bottle but cant. It might go off
Don't you just have a tub with a spigot on the side? That's what I use for bottling.

Yep, but post was made at 5am, no time to finish bottlling after busy day. Need to get tub with no tap to avoid risk of mank when using waterbath.  Also looking at closed corney keg fermenting, self carbonating beer or cider.

currently on topic, my favourite pan loaf is no more! the baker has died and the closed loaf to it is crap and burnt usually. 30+yrs of good bread and it is no more. I really want that bread for a sandwich now, cant really stand most comerrcial sliced breads, too wet.
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49892 on: August 09, 2012, 03:17:01 pm »

To be completely, 100% honest? I took a dump of the worst consistency that it coated that region and I had to use a whole freaking roll to clean up.

I feel like a tool that people are talking about natural disasters or breakups and stuff and ^'s all that significantly impacted me so far today. 

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49893 on: August 09, 2012, 03:20:14 pm »

Have more fibre in your diet.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #49894 on: August 09, 2012, 03:20:38 pm »

Mine's even pettier, I went to shave, have this idea of a new beard layout I'd try, only there's no non-used razors (not touching those, no telling what they're used for and when I did use them a long time ago I would always get a horrible rash) and the last store that I would be able to get them from closed about 20 minutes ago :(
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49895 on: August 09, 2012, 03:22:20 pm »

You know that's right.

I'm on a weightlifting kick, so I've been drinking a whole gallon of milk per day along with my regular diet. That may have something to do with it.

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49896 on: August 09, 2012, 03:28:59 pm »

You know that's right.

I'm on a weightlifting kick, so I've been drinking a whole gallon of milk per day along with my regular diet. That may have something to do with it.
I'd advise against suddenly doing something like that. My body can handle it because I've been drinking craploads of milk most my life.

it's like fruit, you eat a load of it after having either none or very little, your body reacts very badly. but if you slowly have more and more, you aren't gonna give your toilet a whole new colour.

It's done wonders for my weight gain (I've always been a scrawny underweight twig until I started weightlifting and such) and muscle gain, but dang, if I have another soft-serve moment like that again, I'm going to shoot myself.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #49897 on: August 09, 2012, 03:32:14 pm »

You know that's right.

Only if you're lactose intolerant.

... Or it's a gallon of chocolate milk. That will mess your shit up big time, no questions asked.

Are you drinking just a gallon of milk without whey, or with? What kind of milk? Also, if you're going the whey route, whey isolate is the way to go. Creatine is helpful, too. I have friends who swear by dextrose on top of it all, but they're all on crazy in-depth bodybuilding routines and that's not my bag (I'm still stronger and don't wake up at strange times to drink a protein shake, hahaha). Stay away from 'roids and simply increase protein intake. Call me a purist, but it works crazy wonders.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49898 on: August 09, 2012, 03:38:48 pm »

Yeah, high milk diets are renowned for giving people stool issues. It's full of lots of brilliant nutrients, but even for lactose tolerant people, if your digestive system isn't equipped to digest all the milk you're taking in, your stool will have a lot of soggy lipids in it that give you a really bad consistency.

You can try upping your fibre intake, lowering your milk intake, or if you're really dedicated, some people actually give themselves enemas to clear things out a bit.

My goodness that turned into an unpleasant conversation really fast.

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49899 on: August 09, 2012, 03:46:22 pm »

You know that's right.

Only if you're lactose intolerant.

... Or it's a gallon of chocolate milk. That will mess your shit up big time, no questions asked.

Are you drinking just a gallon of milk without whey, or with? What kind of milk? Also, if you're going the whey route, whey isolate is the way to go. Creatine is helpful, too. I have friends who swear by dextrose on top of it all, but they're all on crazy in-depth bodybuilding routines and that's not my bag (I'm still stronger and don't wake up at strange times to drink a protein shake, hahaha). Stay away from 'roids and simply increase protein intake. Call me a purist, but it works crazy wonders.

On a particularly hard workout day, I down a whole thing of chocolate milk right after. Last time I did that was...I want to say, three days ago? When I was a teenager, chocolate milk was the beverage of choice after X-country practice, and I always felt recovered by the next practice (Being a pipsqueak, I did not drink it in such quantities). Some habits die hard I guess.

I drink whole milk (weight gain and all). I don't add whey, but on the same day I may also drink some protein which is (goes to check container) indeed whey and not soy.

I swear, if eating a whole head of lettuce will make this never happen again, I will.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49900 on: August 09, 2012, 04:03:17 pm »

Yeah, high milk diets are renowned for giving people stool issues. It's full of lots of brilliant nutrients, but even for lactose tolerant people, if your digestive system isn't equipped to digest all the milk you're taking in, your stool will have a lot of soggy lipids in it that give you a really bad consistency.

You can try upping your fibre intake, lowering your milk intake, or if you're really dedicated, some people actually give themselves enemas to clear things out a bit.

My goodness that turned into an unpleasant conversation really fast.
Yes, yes it did. I'm kind of here, just thinking about how gross the word "lipids" is to begin with. And then compound it with the context and... Well, I'm shuddering.

On a particularly hard workout day, I down a whole thing of chocolate milk right after.
Holy shit. No wonder you can't hold your bowels in.

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49901 on: August 09, 2012, 04:06:13 pm »

No no, the problem is the consistency. If it were less viscous, easier to clean. More viscous, still easier to clean. It's the goldilocks zone in reverse.

I drink chocolate milk on hard days, normal whole on the other days.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 04:08:32 pm by Urist_McDrowner »

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49902 on: August 09, 2012, 04:07:54 pm »

No no, the problem is the consistency. If it were less viscous, easier to clean. More viscous, still easier to clean. It's the goldilocks zone in reverse.
"Lipids." *shudder*

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #49903 on: August 09, 2012, 04:20:07 pm »

I'm sad because there is not yet a thread for things that have made you afraid. I feel that of the four major emotions it is underrepresented here.

*ZAAAM!*
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #49904 on: August 09, 2012, 04:23:24 pm »

You probably don't want to read this.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.
Pages: 1 ... 3325 3326 [3327] 3328 3329 ... 8167