Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3315 3316 [3317] 3318 3319 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9419033 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #49740 on: August 02, 2012, 10:32:01 am »

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 09:38:03 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #49741 on: August 02, 2012, 11:01:09 am »

'my lawyer sucks'-said by every client after they have been a twat during a legal battle of some kind.

True, get a harpoon, too. could help if you find any former clients large fish at sea.

Enough of them are fishy that I would be sure to find some there....
don't forget a satellite phone or something like that to take pics and upload them onto here!
I'm picturing her holding up a large, flabby white guy upside down with a caption
"Atlantic Yellow-Bellied Skinflint, 265 lbs, caught August 2012"

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #49742 on: August 02, 2012, 11:20:50 am »

Truean the legendary lawyer now became legendary ocean fisherwoman?

I must pay more attention to the lower forums nowadays ;v
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #49743 on: August 02, 2012, 12:12:56 pm »

Aunt and uncle and their kids are going to stay here for a week or so.
They brought a dog. It's the first dog I've ever encountered which doesn't stink like normal dogs do. Still, my cat doesn't like the mongrol and was scared like fuck.
I don't like dogs  >:(

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #49744 on: August 02, 2012, 01:00:19 pm »

Yeah, i dont really like dogs. I'm not comfortable around them. They always seem so energetic.
Cats just come to you, you pet them and then they lay next to you in the chair/sofa/whatever.
If they get bored, they go away or if they get hungry they go eat.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #49745 on: August 02, 2012, 01:53:49 pm »

I don't like cats. They harbour parasites and they're terribly disloyal. Dogs... Meh.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #49746 on: August 02, 2012, 02:01:23 pm »

Cats dont harbour parasites if you clean them well :/

Disloyal? Cats always come back, you can get alot of love out of them, they are just independant.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #49747 on: August 02, 2012, 02:07:10 pm »

Yeah, i dont really like dogs. I'm not comfortable around them. They always seem so energetic.
Cats just come to you, you pet them and then they lay next to you in the chair/sofa/whatever.
If they get bored, they go away or if they get hungry they go eat.
You'd like my dog. He lays around and sleeps 80% of the day. The other 20%, he's staring at whatever food is out and looking at me like, "Can I have that? Please? No? Fuck you then, I'm going back to sleep. Wake me when there's food."

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #49748 on: August 02, 2012, 03:26:00 pm »

Tru, you could do what my Lawyer pal back from undergrad days did when he was recently laid off: buy a boat, tell the world to fuck off and go sailing forever. Seems to work for him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLMJpHihykI
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #49749 on: August 02, 2012, 06:03:52 pm »

So it turns out that the CPU cooler is fine and all, the issue is with the power supply fan not working, this is since I've brought it back from the shop two days ago, now, it isn't that much of a problem if the tower is kept open and the damn thing doesn't get that hot, but it is a problem because the warranty has expired and the fuckers somehow managed to fuck up the key component of the PC.

Also been feeling rather shitty ever since I came home, no real motivation or reason to do anything but play games all day, get drunk in the evenings and sleep late. And I should be freaking studying again for exams that are in a months time, but I just can't bring myself to even look at a damn book, let alone read one.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #49750 on: August 02, 2012, 07:21:34 pm »

I don't like cats. They harbour parasites and they're terribly disloyal. Dogs... Meh.
cats:
independant, clean themselves, get external parasites (namely fleas and tics) somewhat often, rarely get internal parasites with the exception of toxoplasma gondii, have been found to increase vitality in old people (I assume because they have to get up and down all the time to feed them :P)
Dogs: dependant, most require cleaning occasionally, require walks, same internal and external parasite rates, make nice companions in video games (and real life).

that's what I know. I still prefer cats, because a dog bit me on my wrist, and since then I've had a fear of them.

or at least, the larger dogs.
Dogs are alot vocal than cats on their feelings. If the dog is growling usually means GTFO his property. Even with my history with dogs (been attacked 4 times, 3 of them i got bit but successfully subdued them either by wrestling them or using my fists) i still like them i understand them more than cats.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #49751 on: August 03, 2012, 12:46:22 am »

I REALLY very desperately want to cuddle with my ex-history teacher (I graduated this summer) right now. As I have for the past few years. As I even more desperately wanted to do that time I cut my wrists over her.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #49752 on: August 03, 2012, 02:28:30 am »

Cats dont harbour parasites if you clean them well :/

cats rarely get internal parasites with the exception of toxoplasma gondii.

blebelbehebelbehhh

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49753 on: August 03, 2012, 02:54:57 am »

I REALLY very desperately want to cuddle with my ex-history teacher (I graduated this summer) right now. As I have for the past few years. As I even more desperately wanted to do that time I cut my wrists over her.

Um, whoah. Please don't do that again, then. :-\
I have no idea who said ex-teacher is, but perhaps you need, I don't know, to get a pet to take your mind off that? Or call up an old friend?
I know these suggestions are incredibly unhelpful, since I have no idea what the situation is, but it really sounds like an unhealthy feeling.

If you're really depressed over it, maybe try going for a long walk? Just to clear your head and cheer up a bit. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #49754 on: August 03, 2012, 04:15:44 am »

I have no idea who said ex-teacher is
Mrs Robinson, probably.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 3315 3316 [3317] 3318 3319 ... 8167