Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3305 3306 [3307] 3308 3309 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9429746 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #49590 on: July 25, 2012, 10:57:03 am »

Dead or committed Criptfeind would be bad. Good luck, dudebro.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49591 on: July 25, 2012, 12:29:28 pm »

Going crazy is not fun. Nor is dying. So please, don't try to become a lich, per your name.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49592 on: July 25, 2012, 12:36:49 pm »

But being a lich would be so awesome. Then again, becoming a lich would imply the existence of magic, which would be even more awesome.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49593 on: July 25, 2012, 12:44:45 pm »

I'm sad that my Mom is still having to suffer so much through life. Looking at her own medical scans, it would seem she's found incontrovertible proof that she's been living with a broken hip for I don't know how long now, and through some fluke no medical professional has spotted it.

She wants to sue for malpractice due to having to live in agony and having to cope with a near complete lack of mobility for years on end. However, it would seem there's only one malpractice lawyer in the entire tri-city area, and he's hesitant to take the case because of how old it might be, since my Mom's been living this way for quite a long time now.

She's also afraid of trying to harass the doctors responsible for this since it might harm her chances of receiving compensation or really anything to help her improve her life, and she's convinced that doctors are all friends with eachother and will band together to stop one from getting screwed by an angry patient over a mistake. I'm not sure how valid that mode of thought is, but she's convinced of it.

I really want to help, but I don't know what to do.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #49594 on: July 25, 2012, 01:23:43 pm »

[quote ]what are the symptoms of yours, if you don't mind me asking?
[/quote]mostly  a persistant cough due to phleghs in the backk of my nasal cavity that is seldom gone and not for long. Septum might play a role. So might allergy and a number of things

Can't you just have the doc put you out for the duration of the surgery? That's what I normally do.

Also, from what I've read, a deviated septum can only get worse if gone untreated. You'd do well to have the surgery done while you're body is still young enough to heal from it quickly.
Can't you just have the doc put you out for the duration of the surgery? That's what I normally do.

Also, from what I've read, a deviated septum can only get worse if gone untreated. You'd do well to have the surgery done while you're body is still young enough to heal from it quickly.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #49595 on: July 25, 2012, 01:27:48 pm »

Sorry for double post but phpne gives me no chice. Anyway

- its general anesthesia. The problem is the post-op which is hell

-  most deviated septums dont cause problems. Its not even clear this os due to that. Its not a serious issue, it does not normally hurt my breathing or sleep. So I'll resort to conservative treatment for the time being

Pd: my ORL resident friend agrees, on top of that. She thinks that the risks of the surgery dont justify it unless the situation is bad.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 03:01:33 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #49596 on: July 25, 2012, 02:57:35 pm »

I thought I was over my fear of the sea, todays slight panic attack proved me wrong. Maybe it was just me being alone this time, but something about not being able to see what's under me, or seeing the sea floor, completely terrifies me, so much that I was petrified today for a few minutes, not being able to dive in or return to the shore, curled up and clutching that safety rope thing that prevents ships from getting too close to beaches.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #49597 on: July 25, 2012, 03:33:25 pm »

I thought I was over my fear of the sea, todays slight panic attack proved me wrong. Maybe it was just me being alone this time, but something about not being able to see what's under me, or seeing the sea floor, completely terrifies me, so much that I was petrified today for a few minutes, not being able to dive in or return to the shore, curled up and clutching that safety rope thing that prevents ships from getting too close to beaches.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #49598 on: July 27, 2012, 10:02:08 am »

Sick sick sick.
At least its over the weekend so it doesn't mess up my last week of class.

Also:
Dishonored’s Dishonourable Pre-Order Rat Trap

Basically they are having five versions of the game, all with fairly significant (eg. 5 or 10 dollars worth of dlc eqivalent) differences that you can only buy by different retailers.
This turns it from a game that I was almost certainly going to buy (unless after reading the reviews it turned out to be crap), to a game that I am probably going to pirate.
Way to go Bethsda, alienating your player base with stupid shit like this. (This would probably be in the rage thread, so I am a bit too stuffy cause I am sick to really feel ragey at it).
EDIT: I mean, one preorder version (even with such significant bonuses) would be fine, but four mutually exclusive ones? Maybe I will wait till a GOTY edition is released (which would probably have all the stuff), but I feel like it won't take very long for a pirated version to get all the bonuses and all the stuff that you would need to buy four versions of the game to get.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 10:06:53 am by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #49599 on: July 27, 2012, 10:24:53 am »

I find that's better than not being able to see the surface or the bottom. At night.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #49602 on: July 27, 2012, 12:15:52 pm »

Probs because its ethicgirls.
I think that money would have better been spent on preventing the spread of the eurocrisis.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.
Pages: 1 ... 3305 3306 [3307] 3308 3309 ... 8167