Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3289 3290 [3291] 3292 3293 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443284 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #49350 on: July 17, 2012, 05:42:42 am »

Depression is subsiding and confidence is building up again.

But, I still feel ****ed tomorrow, as I have to do a dance I have a hard time recalling what steps to do, and that dance's my practical exam for PE.

And maths... Oh, maths... why don't you ease up a bit?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49351 on: July 17, 2012, 07:58:44 am »

Urgh. Family have used up just about all my pre-paid internet credit on idiotic Facebook flash games, so once this 79 cents runs out, who knows how long it will be til I can get online again. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #49352 on: July 17, 2012, 11:06:00 am »

Pissed off about class last night.  After all the hard work I've put into improving my drawing, it still might not be enough  :'(  I'm still the runt of the litter in my art classes *sigh*

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49353 on: July 17, 2012, 11:08:10 am »

Eh, don't compare yourself to others. Compare yourself to your previous work.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49354 on: July 17, 2012, 11:08:40 am »

So I went to put on my PJ pants in the dirty clothes pile in the bathroom, and am surprised by a wet butt. Further inspection reveals that the cat has peed on all of my dirty clothes. I only have two weeks worth of clothes since I'm on vacation, cat! :(
There's only one course of action to take in the wake of this kind of aggression. Pee on the cat.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49355 on: July 17, 2012, 12:53:35 pm »

So I went to put on my PJ pants in the dirty clothes pile in the bathroom, and am surprised by a wet butt. Further inspection reveals that the cat has peed on all of my dirty clothes. I only have two weeks worth of clothes since I'm on vacation, cat! :(
There's only one course of action to take in the wake of this kind of aggression. Pee on the cat.

I may or may not have stuck a slap bracelet on it, and watched as it ran around the house in a panic.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #49356 on: July 17, 2012, 01:27:27 pm »

I may or may not have stuck a slap bracelet on it, and watched as it ran around the house in a panic.
Escalation may not have been the wisest course of action. Enjoy the cat poo in your shoe.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #49357 on: July 17, 2012, 02:42:55 pm »

After the inevitable poo in the shoe the only logical way will be of "This means war!" quotes and Acme contraptions scattered about.

In sad news, despite all the studying and time I've put into the finals for physics I still feel as insecure in my knowledge as ever, god damn it the past two weeks will be a waste I just know it.

On the bright side  I understand much more about stuff now, and it's kinda fun to tinker with certain laws and rules to see how and why they work (Archimedes floaty principle and other stuff, thermomolecular theory and stuff like that).
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #49358 on: July 17, 2012, 02:48:29 pm »

After the inevitable poo in the shoe the only logical way will be of "This means war!" quotes and Acme contraptions scattered about.

This image came unbidden to my mind.

(If you're not familiar, google "Bully for Bugs" and enjoy...the contraption-laden finale is very dorfy.)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #49359 on: July 17, 2012, 03:18:05 pm »

My skills at Strarcraft and now it seems the new Starcraft II have rusted to the point of not being able to get anywhere near my 300 plus APM record. Also all the keystrokes are different. I don't care. "p" is for probe. "e" is not, hands down. I am astonished how people seem to have forgotten or never known the old, old tactics. Cannon rush into parasitic base takeover, while expanding (was legit when it was perfected in MSL 2003 by Kontra and is therefore not noob). The never expected scout rush v zerg (killing overlords and a small ground attack). Even the Bisu build FE has gone out of many people's memory. Quite frankly shuttle drops aren't the same without reavers and immortals leave something to be desired. [shrugs]
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49360 on: July 17, 2012, 04:00:37 pm »

Bluh, I always sucked at Starcraft. How the fuck do you build so many units so fast!?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #49361 on: July 17, 2012, 04:07:00 pm »

I play the kind of Starcraft where I expect my opponents to sit around until super lategame and we crash our huge armies into each other. This is pretty much exactly the opposite of competitive Starcraft.

I'm really bad at that game.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #49362 on: July 17, 2012, 04:07:54 pm »

Bluh, I always sucked at Starcraft. How the fuck do you build so many units so fast!?
1. Be Korean
2. ???

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49363 on: July 17, 2012, 04:10:50 pm »

I play the kind of Starcraft where I expect my opponents to sit around until super lategame and we crash our huge armies into each other. This is pretty much exactly the opposite of competitive Starcraft.

I'm really bad at that game.
We would have the slowest game in the world, followed by a server at blizzard melting from all of our units smashing together at the same time and causing the starcraft singularity.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #49364 on: July 17, 2012, 04:14:35 pm »

It would be beautiful.

I wonder if there's an SC2 Fastest Possible Map Ever. That one was always pretty cool. No early game whatsoever, so I tended to be not quite so terrible at it.
Pages: 1 ... 3289 3290 [3291] 3292 3293 ... 8167