Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9495441 times)

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #4905 on: April 27, 2010, 04:32:40 pm »

after drinking 5 gin tonics in a disco, I had some startling and amazing revelation about the universe

Mine was that not only do we experience everything subjectively, we experience ourselves subjectively, therefore, we will never know what our true selves are.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4906 on: April 27, 2010, 08:32:24 pm »

I remember I got drunk at the new millennium. I had the startling revelation that my hands were in fact twice the side of my head and that ghosts are made of sentient cheese.

Truly this changed my outlook on life. Even today I can't look at a good brie without screaming.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4907 on: April 27, 2010, 08:35:36 pm »

Haha I thought you were in highschool/college, unless you were like, 9 when you got drunk that night
While talking to AJ:

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4908 on: April 27, 2010, 09:10:12 pm »

I remember the first time I ever gone genuinely drunk.  I think.  It was one of two times.  Either I was about 11-12 and it was around Christmas, and I drank a whole bottle of Mad Dog 20/20 by myself on a roadtrip with my father to meet his new girlfriend.  I was sullen and world-weary all night, imparting my wisdom to any who would listen.  Or I was about 11-12 and it was around Labor Day, and me, my father, two cousins, and some friends of said cousins drank a case of Natural Light and a 40oz of Peppermint Schnapps.  We sat around joking about shit and riffing each other all night, and I was laughing so hard and uncontrollably I nearly passed out several times.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4909 on: April 27, 2010, 09:51:59 pm »

My first time really and truly drunk was on my 21st, when I went to a really nice brewery downtown (it was converted from an elementary school), hanging with my friends on the old couches circling a garden atrium. I recall playing a few games of Drunk Chess, eventually progressing to Drunk Jenga (and I kicked much ass at both, mind you). Afterward, my friends and I staggered off towards home, singing various tunes out into the night... and after getting thoroughly in the mood for music, when we got there I got out my sax, my friend borrowed my 4-string Bass, and my roommate got on vocals, and we had a serious jam session.

I recall I was improving to Jimmy Buffet in my living room, probably at 4AM, when I tumbled backwards over the back of the couch, my $900.00 sax in my hands... I curled to protect it, rolled down over the cushions, and flipped backwards back to my feet, in time to continue my solo.

Beyond that, it starts to get hazy, but I remember it was a good time. That night, I discovered that the syllable count on my words tends to go up while drunk.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4910 on: April 27, 2010, 10:22:20 pm »

First time I got drunk was this past new years: I drank half a bottle of champagne and then a guinness to wash the taste of champagne out of my mouth. I didn't have anything to do so I just sat talking to people in the subgenius IRC channel.

First time I truly got drunk was three weeks ago, when I did ten shots of vodka at once* and wound up laying on the floor vomiting and screaming racial slurs at my friends... It was a shitty day, but I did learn how many drinks I could have at once without losing my shit. Most important lesson was that I don't get hangovers (proved repeatedly over the next two weeks)! :D

*Biggest lesson to take away from that: pace your goddamn drinks. I had as much, if not more, the following weekend, but spaced out over a few hours, and everything was fine.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4911 on: April 27, 2010, 10:27:33 pm »

Haha I thought you were in highschool/college, unless you were like, 9 when you got drunk that night

I was 5. It was the millennium! I had a bit of champagne and it went right to my head. Right to my head.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4912 on: April 27, 2010, 10:28:17 pm »

First time I got drunk was this past new years: I drank half a bottle of champagne and then a guinness to wash the taste of champagne out of my mouth. I didn't have anything to do so I just sat talking to people in the subgenius IRC channel.

First time I truly got drunk was three weeks ago, when I did ten shots of vodka at once* and wound up laying on the floor vomiting and screaming racial slurs at my friends... It was a shitty day, but I did learn how many drinks I could have at once without losing my shit. Most important lesson was that I don't get hangovers (proved repeatedly over the next two weeks)! :D

*Biggest lesson to take away from that: pace your goddamn drinks. I had as much, if not more, the following weekend, but spaced out over a few hours, and everything was fine.

you must drink a lot of water... or watered down alcohol, hangovers are caused by dehydration. Alcohol tends to not hydrate you despite being quite wet.

personally I don't drink, cannot stand the taste of anything with alcohol in it. I think I'm actually allergic to the stuff but the symptoms are mild.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4913 on: April 27, 2010, 10:59:18 pm »

Shall reply to kind inquiries tomorrow cannot move arms
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4914 on: April 27, 2010, 11:08:01 pm »

I am sad today because I can;t think of a good pun involving 'arms race'...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4915 on: April 27, 2010, 11:08:35 pm »

I'd lend you a hand, but then you'd be pulling my arm later.

:Cracks knuckles: Okay then, let's see what ammo I can provide:
To keep track of such a thing would require a stopwatch to see who wins first. I have one on my watch.
If it's a dead heat, it'll become a thumb war.
Lose track, and you'll dislocate.
In the end, all that really matters are the guns. (That's a good one if you take the time to think about it.)

Sorry if it isn't much. I've been too busy keeping a plant pun thread standing.

As for drinking, my first one(s) had to be a few months before I turned 21. I got a decent buzz and laid back during the party, acquired a better taste for alcohol. Of course, first times downing a few within the safe vicinity of the family (seeing as my sister was throwing one). As for seriously getting hammered, that would be my 21st birthday, the spinning room effect and the first hangover. I think that's when my 'buzz gyroscope' finally started spinning and I started building up a tolerance.

Back then, a few chardonnay would make me concerned of my coordination. Nowadays, make that a few Jagers and maybe a shot of vodka. Hell, when others are drinking the light stuff, I'm going for bold. Now that's the good stuff. It takes 1 bold beer for me to be even keel with your average drinker having a light or regular. My tolerance has gotten ridiculous. Simply, I'm a pricey date if alcohol is involved.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 11:27:29 pm by Itnetlolor »

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4916 on: April 27, 2010, 11:29:22 pm »

bah, we all know the arms race is just hardcore version of the foot race :P

Sorry, the pun sounded better in my head.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4917 on: April 28, 2010, 12:01:01 am »

I uhh... Think I was drunk pretty much years on end. Don't know when it started but it stopped and then started again not too long ago. Then I quit again. I gave the stuff up.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4918 on: April 28, 2010, 01:52:41 am »

you must drink a lot of water... or watered down alcohol, hangovers are caused by dehydration. Alcohol tends to not hydrate you despite being quite wet.
While I do try to drink lots of water while drinking, for just that reason, several times I haven't had the opportunity, and still haven't gotten a hangover... :/
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4919 on: April 28, 2010, 01:54:15 am »

drinking water an hour beforehand helps too, so does asprin, as long as you take account how much asprin to booze you are taking. Don't want to thin the blood too much
While talking to AJ:
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 8168