Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3268 3269 [3270] 3271 3272 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9455406 times)

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #49035 on: July 08, 2012, 01:44:49 pm »

But we get to annex Canada in that universe!

On second though...

why not annex both canada and mexico and creat publically the North American Union. Or is Canada full of tree loving elves and mexico full of warring goblins and the nobels in power dont want them.
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49036 on: July 08, 2012, 02:59:00 pm »

Am I the only one here kind of looking forward to the world catastrophically changing? At the least, the next half-century is going to be very interesting, even without considering climate and similar changes.

My complete lack of motivation/ability to get motivated for anything makes me sad.
Also being stuck in a rut. :( And having oreos in the kitchen, because fuck them. So... Addictive... Mocking my attempts at being healthy... Argh.
I know how you feel, on both counts. Move the Oreos out of the kitchen, to another place where you aren't, if you can. They will be less tempting. Alternatively, get some vegetables, and don't let yourself have any Oreos until you eat the vegetables. That should also work.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49037 on: July 08, 2012, 03:00:20 pm »

Blurgh, I dislike the new training style for work.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #49038 on: July 08, 2012, 03:05:08 pm »

Am I the only one here kind of looking forward to the world catastrophically changing? At the least, the next half-century is going to be very interesting, even without considering climate and similar changes.
Eh, I'd like it more if it where more of a revolution, changing the social order, instead of a more weather one. They again, I suppose that the world ending will have a rather large effect on the social aspect of humanity.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49039 on: July 08, 2012, 03:10:36 pm »

Eh, I'd like it more if it where more of a revolution, changing the social order, instead of a more weather one. They again, I suppose that the world ending will have a rather large effect on the social aspect of humanity.
It's going to cause a lot of chaos among the people before it has severe effects on many plants and animals. The social aspect of humanity is far more likely to cause the end of the world than climate change.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #49040 on: July 08, 2012, 03:15:50 pm »

It's going to cause a lot of chaos among the people before it has severe effects on many plants and animals. The social aspect of humanity is far more likely to cause the end of the world than climate change.

Frankly, I'm amazed we haven't nuked ourselves yet. It's sad.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 10:38:06 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #49041 on: July 08, 2012, 04:05:11 pm »

Well, into the breach once more, humanity! This Anthropocene period won't get the best of us! I have full confidence that our species will continue through almost anything, especially if we figure out space colonization. (Even if only on asteroids and other solar bodies.) About the only thing that can stop us, I think, would be ignorance of space while the Earth turned into a second Venus. (If only because metals and whatnot would melt on the surface, and the place would be hard to build anything on.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49042 on: July 08, 2012, 04:06:53 pm »

We could always pull a Fallout and go underground. Space would probably be a better long-term option though.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #49043 on: July 08, 2012, 04:09:33 pm »

We could always pull a Fallout and go underground. Space would probably be a better long-term option though.

Better start digging, we need to close the mine shaft gap.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #49044 on: July 08, 2012, 04:10:22 pm »

If you don't like the climate, you get away from places that have climates.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #49045 on: July 08, 2012, 04:15:24 pm »

If we can get raw materials from asteroids, we can build quite a bit in space. Solar collectors to provide power, heat, et cetera. Or we could go the route of hollowing out asteroids, or even moving the 'homeworld' to Ceres. Ceres is a pretty neat 'asteroid', though we'd need to bring structures to hold an atmosphere in. Plus large wheels for gravity...

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49046 on: July 08, 2012, 06:23:48 pm »

The Mayans were pretty vague on just what is supposed to happen, by my understanding. (Actually their calendar just ended. Either they just got bored, or were actually marking out the end of the world? Who knows.)
Whatever is supposed to happen is not necessarily an 'apocalypse' kindof thing like the movie, it could really be just about anything, as long as it drastically changes the world enough to be described as the 'end of the world' as we know it. My personal favourite theory is that domestic pets shall grow opposable thumbs, and rise up to overthrow their oppressive human overlords. ...It's my pet theory, geddit? Geddit?!

I'm not sure I believe all that stuff about the Mayan calendar, but I hope something happens. It'd be pretty anti-climatic otherwise. If I wasn't so lazy I would be starting some sort of vegetable garden in preperation. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #49047 on: July 08, 2012, 06:42:02 pm »

Sorry, Yoink, but the anticlimax already happened. They found more Mayan calendar.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49048 on: July 08, 2012, 06:45:55 pm »

It's just a Mayan Y2K, basically. Or maybe it's more like a Mayan year 9999, where the next year rolls over into a whole new digit. It's a little more complicated than that, since the Mayans had a completely wacky calendar system, but the situation is analogous. Expecting something to happen in December makes just as much sense expecting that the world is going to end in the year 3000 just because no one's bothered to make calendars that go up that far.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49049 on: July 08, 2012, 06:48:38 pm »

Sorry, Yoink, but the anticlimax already happened. They found more Mayan calendar.

Goddamnit. Oh well, I'm sure some nutjob with a stockpile of nuclear weapons will get an itchy trigger finger the world will change for the better and pass into a new age of kindness and intelligence on December 31st, or whenever it was. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 3268 3269 [3270] 3271 3272 ... 8167