Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3259 3260 [3261] 3262 3263 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9462559 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #48900 on: July 04, 2012, 09:37:57 pm »

Reverse where you put "This shit is nuts" and the link. :P
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48901 on: July 04, 2012, 09:44:44 pm »

EDIT: Does anyone else ever get so mad and yell so hard they hurt their back?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 09:51:39 pm by JoshuaFH »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48902 on: July 04, 2012, 09:52:48 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
While I doubt it will do much to improve your mood, this is from the police side of the story.

It doesn't help much, its a bit riduculous that they're countersuing. But its nice they have a side of the story too.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48903 on: July 04, 2012, 09:55:04 pm »

Most of my friends didn't get back to me about the plans I'd been making for the 4th, and those who did didn't want to go out or do anything. Ended up sitting on some rocks by the lake, watching a few private fireworks shows (they recently legalized fireworks in my state). Compared with last year, when I was together with a bunch of folks at the same lake watching the fireworks, followed by lying around on a grassy hill stargazing and talking into the night... this year was pretty lonely. Peaceful and contemplative, I suppose, but lonely.

Just keeps reminding me of how despite my efforts, my social circle seems to once again be drifting apart. That, and serving as a reminder of why it's often easier to let it be, and stop trying to make new friends.
That actually sounds like it might have sort of been nice, it's really impossible to get a good view on fireworks around here, the dense treecover and landscape make it really impossible to get a good view of the surrounding skyscape (firefox spellcheck says that skyscape is a real word, while firefox and spellcheck are not, go figure). There was a public show apparently but I missed it.

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #48904 on: July 04, 2012, 09:57:11 pm »

Just learned the dark truth on why we're renovating the garage and basement: We're moving out in two years, due to financial problems that make us unable to afford to stay here. The worst part? This is the place where I spent my middle/sorta-late childhood, and now I figured out in less than two years I have to leave it. After 11 years, and now...this.  :'(

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #48905 on: July 04, 2012, 10:03:18 pm »

My mom attempted to gamble away some more of her money, and is pissed, because she lost it. Really? Really? You lost how much last time and you're back again? The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results, isn't it? I dunno, but come on. It ain't like you've got another how much money you can afford to blow or that you could afford to blow it the last time you did."You're an adult." You have a problem....

The best part? Didn't you used to tell me not to play video games when I was a kid, but now you're going and losing all your money in a place with flashy lights kinda like a ... video game? ???
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 11:01:10 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48906 on: July 04, 2012, 10:43:21 pm »

FUS RO DAAAAAAAAAH!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48907 on: July 05, 2012, 02:28:12 am »

FUS RO DAAAAAAAAAH!

I'm in a bad way at the moment. I'm currently typing this message off the side of my bed as it's the most comfortable position atm, my back just hurts too much to sit normally. All I did was get so egregiously angry at this little dumb wiener dog so dumb that even though I treat it with nothing but contempt, it still tries to infiltrate my room and make a b-line to try to get under my bed. I mean, yeah, I snapped and spent a solid few minutes screaming furiously at this mongrel, in some vain attempt to frighten it out of my room as it proceeded to just roll onto it's back and yelp ineffectually in a way that just made me angrier. I eventually just restrained myself and wrapped it in a towel and carried it out. Why a towel? I was afraid the little bastard would urinate on me, a not unlikely possibility given the dog's disposition.

That animal is dumb as a brick, and it makes me so angry. Why am I so angry at this animal?

Why does my back hurt so much because of this? This has revived and exacerbated my sleeping troubles in full force. Why does it feel like every mistake I make has this disproportionate karmic punishment attached to it?

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48908 on: July 05, 2012, 03:29:37 am »

Uuuuuuugh, managing the Aussiepocalypse is a nightmare.

Backstory: there's a popular server on KAG that I'm an admin on, and it's generally a great server. But at night, for some reason all the aussies come out to play. Now, I have nothing against aussies, it's just that a majority of the ones that play on this server are stupid as hell. Most of the admins refuse to go on during the so-called Aussiepocalypse, but it's the most convenient time for me to play. So I ended up spectating just to manage the bullshit of a few specific assfags, because there were 2 other admins and they were focused on other stuff. It's a great server, but my sanity wears thin after a while. I came back after a 3-4 day break, played for a couple hours, and I think it's time for another break :T

An aside: Miaow, are you the guard on there?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48909 on: July 05, 2012, 03:42:42 am »

Which server is it? Just out of interest. (I tend to only stay on the POWER (Cali) or the Unofficial Aus server managed by Lavalord.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48910 on: July 05, 2012, 03:47:51 am »

;D

Yeah, I hit up POWER California, but the issue there is so many stupid people, and I'm not an admin so I can't set them straight. I gave up quickly :p

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48911 on: July 05, 2012, 03:51:50 am »

I don't normally play on Mole, ping's usually too bad to play it.
Why don't you have a forum account?

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48912 on: July 05, 2012, 03:53:23 am »

I do, it's Vertigon, same as here :p

Thanks for being reasonable and avoiding servers where you have bad ping c: that's half the problem with Aussiepocalypse :p

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #48913 on: July 05, 2012, 03:55:37 am »

what if there are no servers with good ping?

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48914 on: July 05, 2012, 03:59:44 am »

Well, I'm used to that situation. I don't play during the day because when there are other people using my internet, the connection plummets. It is pretty much unplayable during the day.
Pages: 1 ... 3259 3260 [3261] 3262 3263 ... 8167