Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3252 3253 [3254] 3255 3256 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9466137 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #48795 on: July 01, 2012, 10:08:45 pm »

Why does this make you sad?

Why doesn't this make you sad?

I would guess it made him sad because France is so douchey as to invade a nuclear wasteland just to add insult to injury.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48796 on: July 01, 2012, 10:09:00 pm »

I have no homebrew beer!
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48797 on: July 01, 2012, 10:22:51 pm »

So in other news, I accidentally nuked Iraq today. Then I on purpose nuked the USSR, Red China, and the U.K.

Why the U.K? Because I wanted to see what would happen. And I did. France issued a statement of condemnation towards them, cut off all trade, and invaded the irradiated slag heap that was the remnants of the British Empire.

France is such an asshole.
What gaem?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #48798 on: July 01, 2012, 10:30:47 pm »

I guess Civ 5 or EU III.

Gæm~

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48799 on: July 01, 2012, 10:35:05 pm »

EU3 doesn't have nukes.

Civ5 doesn't have Iraq. :P
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48800 on: July 01, 2012, 10:36:50 pm »

I predict Shadow President. It sounds like that sort of game.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #48801 on: July 01, 2012, 11:05:08 pm »

Superpowers II?

I know it has lots of nukes ...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48802 on: July 01, 2012, 11:55:01 pm »

This is probably it. Most stories I hear about Shadow President around here involve nuking many places.

Either that or real life. :o :o
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #48803 on: July 02, 2012, 12:24:43 am »

Feeling heartbroken for no reason; Not even got a crush on anyone at the moment. This is the second time in as many weeks too. Weird.

Not looking forward to work tonight. My wrist hasn't given me any problems for the last few days and I hope it's healed. I guess I'll find out during my shift.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48804 on: July 02, 2012, 01:02:42 am »

In the morning I am going to pick out an urn for my stillborn baby brother. I wasn't going to go, but several people have insisted that I should go so I don't regret anything when I am older. I don't know why, but I haven't really cried about it at all. I am always good in emergencies involving people with mental breakdowns and head wounds, but sometimes I worry. I am sad about it, I truly am, I just haven't been uncontrollably so. I feel like I should be breaking down and going insane, based on the number of people who have asked me if I am okay. But I really am at peace with it, despite it only happening a few days ago. I just don't know.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #48805 on: July 02, 2012, 01:05:07 am »

This is probably it. Most stories I hear about Shadow President around here involve nuking many places.

Either that or real life. :o :o
I'd claim it's IRL as a joke but the military is going to be checking through EVERYTHING soon (I need top security clearance to be a linguist for some reason?) so none of that.

Shadow President, a game which proves that I probably should not be commander in chief.

Also Civ V does kind of sorta have Iraq in Babylon, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Oman, UAE, and Kuwait in Arabia, and Iran and Pakistan in Persia. Following that train of thought, the Aztecs become Mexico, the Maya could be Brazil/lowland South America, and the Inca could play as Chile up through Honduras. The poor Iroquois had their whole empire razed by america and Canada is a citystate (?!). We have all the scandinavians now, plus Austria, which mostly fleshes out Europe. We have China, Japan, Siam for indonesia + thailand and associates, Korea (only one, and the ability makes me think it'd be South Korea), Mongolia, and Russia would need some seriously massive culture to have Siberia without any major cities. As for Africa, we have Egypt, Mali, and Ethiopia, which makes Africa the least crowded continent in the game. No, wait, Australia is a city-state. The continent has and will only ever have one, lonely city.

The poor British isles have the celts and the British crowded onto a tiny little island that can barely support two cities though, since Ireland is a city-state. Not to mention the Byzantines and Ottoman Empires are THE EXACT SAME CIVILIZATION.

In the morning I am going to pick out an urn for my stillborn baby brother. I wasn't going to go, but several people have insisted that I should go so I don't regret anything when I am older. I don't know why, but I haven't really cried about it at all. I am always good in emergencies involving people with mental breakdowns and head wounds, but sometimes I worry. I am sad about it, I truly am, I just haven't been uncontrollably so. I feel like I should be breaking down and going insane, based on the number of people who have asked me if I am okay. But I really am at peace with it, despite it only happening a few days ago. I just don't know.
I've always been the same way. For some reason I don't get sad. I have fewer posts in this thread than anyone.

Sorry about your brother though. That's terrible.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48806 on: July 02, 2012, 01:05:34 am »

Some people handle grief a bit differently. You may uh... Well, be less sensitive to grief. Not to say you won't grieve, but it may not be as intense for you. I believe I know how you feel, because I've never been super upset over a family member passing, I was sad, sure, but it wasn't overwhelming.

As a side note, I also have anhedonia, which makes me sad when I see happy/excited people.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #48807 on: July 02, 2012, 01:09:53 am »

Some people handle grief a bit differently. You may uh... Well, be less sensitive to grief. Not to say you won't grieve, but it may not be as intense for you. I believe I know how you feel, because I've never been super upset over a family member passing, I was sad, sure, but it wasn't overwhelming.

As a side note, I also have anhedonia, which makes me sad when I see happy/excited people.
I would make you depressed.

My sister may actually really kill you though. Saddest I've seen her is when a pet dies and that's over within ten minutes.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48808 on: July 02, 2012, 01:19:49 am »

Well, you would probably just make me momentarily sad until I could recover my 'I'm a happy and productive member of society' mask, then it would just fade into the depression backround noise. But yeah, you're sister might drive me insane if she's that happy a person.
And anhedonia means unable to feel pleasure, so I might have made an incorrect statement, but saying, 'I get sad when I see pleasured people' would sound kinda fucked up.
He's fucking with us.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48809 on: July 02, 2012, 01:27:22 am »

Thanks for all the nice responses, they really help. My aunt is coming out in five days, which is neat, even if it is because of a depressing reason. So, there's the bright side to this problem!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 ... 3252 3253 [3254] 3255 3256 ... 8167