Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3246 3247 [3248] 3249 3250 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9470638 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #48705 on: June 29, 2012, 07:13:14 pm »

Dwarf Fortress is a popular thingamajig?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48706 on: June 29, 2012, 07:18:08 pm »

I meant people :P
Were there always so many?

Fine we dont need any fresh blood, the salt lick is still over there.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #48707 on: June 29, 2012, 07:26:41 pm »

Has to wait outside in humid weather for over an hour jjust to get pizza
It's FEF, not FEOF

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #48708 on: June 29, 2012, 07:50:36 pm »

Frequent 504s
Sporadically all day alongside pages taking an age to load at times.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #48709 on: June 29, 2012, 07:58:06 pm »

I just get 20-minute chunks of nothing but 504s about once a week.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #48710 on: June 29, 2012, 10:06:32 pm »

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 11:23:01 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48711 on: June 29, 2012, 10:09:06 pm »

-snip-
I'm telling you, if you need a hatchet man, I'll be right there.

"Here's how it's going to be. This is the services I'll offer, and this is the price. You can accept politely, shop around, or complain. If you decide to complain, that short guy hanging out in martial arts gear will punch you in the face, and you will then be allowed to take another stab at reviewing the terms and conditions."

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #48712 on: June 29, 2012, 10:11:17 pm »

Sigh.  ::)

Must be the media >.> Portraying lawyers as evil and cold-hearted but super efficient, super able people who can slap fees and payments on you faster than you can say a short phrase.

Of course, everyone knows it's just joking, but some of it seeps through.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48713 on: June 29, 2012, 10:13:08 pm »

We're just lucky to know Truean. True is less soulsucking-greasy-slimeball-stereotype, and more LawBatman-inna-dress.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #48714 on: June 29, 2012, 10:14:46 pm »

We're just lucky to know Truean. True is less lawyer, more LawBatman-inna-dress.
Totally gave me a sudden flash of phoenix wight wearing a dress over the batman suit. Someone needs to draw and/or photoshop that.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #48715 on: June 29, 2012, 10:15:14 pm »

Another night in my office working my ass off alone, unappreciated, and somehow underpaid while being told I'm expensive. It's Friday night and I'm here, like I was last Friday night, and like I will be Saturday night. I'm building this thing up from quite honestly nothing and completely by myself. It is slow freaking going starting a law firm from nothing.... I've been pulling 14 hour days sometimes and going for at minimum 80 hour weeks for the first month or so. Tis insane.

[bitching but arguably justifiable bitching]
I get that lawyers aren't cheap, but the complaining is legendary given that I am charging a fraction of what many others are.
[/bitching but arguably justifiable bitching]

I literally work at least twice as hard as pretty much any of these people (in hours worked alone), and they don't care.

Today, I won an eviction (back rent) for a landlord, and even managed to get attorney's fees and court costs awarded. I literally could not have done a better job. Do you know what the fucking landlord said, "hum, its about time...." ???

Keep a chart in your office, one with a graph of your prices compared to those of your competitors. Show it to your clients who complain, and then ask them if they want another lawyer.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #48716 on: June 29, 2012, 10:15:43 pm »

It's a refreshing view on the reality of the job as seen by regular lawyers, not the top-ladder guys who barely laywer in person o.O

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48717 on: June 29, 2012, 10:17:41 pm »

We're just lucky to know Truean. True is less lawyer, more LawBatman-inna-dress.
Totally gave me a sudden flash of phoenix wight wearing a dress over the batman suit. Someone needs to draw and/or photoshop that.
I always see True as less Phoenix Wright (seriously, don't you guys know any other fictional lawyers?) and more like Atticus Finch. True has the...well...truth at hand, but the public is too stupid to see it.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #48718 on: June 29, 2012, 10:18:45 pm »

Finally someone else says it. Not all fictional lawyers are porcupine headed wanna be detectives.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #48719 on: June 29, 2012, 10:20:02 pm »

I always see True as less Phoenix Wright (seriously, don't you guys know any other fictional lawyers?) and more like Atticus Finch. True has the...well...truth at hand, but the public is too stupid to see it.

And now I will forever think of Truean as Atticus Finch in a dress. Thank you SO much. ::)
Pages: 1 ... 3246 3247 [3248] 3249 3250 ... 8167