Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3242 3243 [3244] 3245 3246 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9472025 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #48645 on: June 28, 2012, 01:15:49 am »

I could've sworn you were at the age of majority.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #48646 on: June 28, 2012, 01:23:27 am »

Go anyway? I mean, a lot of places let youngsters in, just prepare a lie about why you haven't got an ID if they ask and hope that they don't care at all. I mean, I once got into one of Stockholm's more reputable places and I pulled the worst attempt at a lie ever (seriously, I get embarrassed just thinking about it ;)). I literally could tell how the footman was thinking "what the hell does this kid think he's doing?", but he let me in anyway. So yeah, you could at least give it a try, Tue worst thing that can happen is that they don't let you in, isn't it? And that ain't so bad.
Love, scriver~

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48647 on: June 28, 2012, 01:29:52 am »

No, depending on what RF's family is like, having your parents called could definitely be a worse possibility.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48648 on: June 28, 2012, 01:46:41 am »

I've been trying to avoid whining over the past few weeks, but I have to say this feeling of being trapped in my head really sucks.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48649 on: June 28, 2012, 01:48:15 am »

I could've sworn you were at the age of majority.

Turned 17 in may.

I mean, a lot of places let youngsters in, just prepare a lie about why you haven't got an ID if they ask and hope that they don't care at all.

I kinda doubt is and I really don't think that taking two buses downtown at 9 at night just to take two back is an enjoyable way to spend the night.

No, depending on what RF's family is like, having your parents called could definitely be a worse possibility.

Hahaha, I honestly doubt it. She would probably be more pissed off if I lied or didn't tell her I was going then the actual trying to sneak into a nightclub.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48650 on: June 28, 2012, 01:54:16 am »

I kinda doubt is and I really don't think that taking two buses downtown at 9 at night just to take two back is an enjoyable way to spend the night.

Excuses! Are not the chance of seeing the band worth one wasted night? You have many nights ahead of you.
Love, scriver~

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #48651 on: June 28, 2012, 02:51:45 am »

What kind of nightclub wants metal bands in it?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48652 on: June 28, 2012, 04:16:01 am »

...A Metal club?
Love, scriver~

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48653 on: June 28, 2012, 05:39:48 am »

Basically my suspension of disbelief failed big time and then I went on ranting for ten minutes about how the show violates all known laws of physics.

Says the man who survived an untold number of undoubtedly lethal defenestrations. I assume you aren't a huge fan of Superman or DBZ either...

What exactly set you off, though?
What defenestrations? :V

Also it was less that I was put off and more "HOW THE EVERLOVING FUCK CAN A SINGLE MEASLY PIE STOP A FUCKING CHARGING BULL IN MIDAIR?"

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48654 on: June 28, 2012, 05:43:13 am »

Oh that one, hehe. Why in the world would you be watching that one first? I like it due to just loving showdowns at high noon in general, but it's definitely one of the more ridiculous and out there episodes. The best part of it is probably Braeburn.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #48655 on: June 28, 2012, 07:39:52 am »

Basically my suspension of disbelief failed big time and then I went on ranting for ten minutes about how the show violates all known laws of physics.

Says the man who survived an untold number of undoubtedly lethal defenestrations. I assume you aren't a huge fan of Superman or DBZ either...

What exactly set you off, though?
What defenestrations? :V

Also it was less that I was put off and more "HOW THE EVERLOVING FUCK CAN A SINGLE MEASLY PIE STOP A FUCKING CHARGING BULL IN MIDAIR?"
I'm guessing you don't get along too well with Chuck Jones and Tex Avery.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48656 on: June 28, 2012, 09:18:56 am »

I watched that one first because I was bored, had no internet and it was the only thing worth mentioning on TV. And I haven't watched Tex Avery in, what, a decade?

Have I mentioned that TV 'round here is shit? I believe I do.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #48657 on: June 28, 2012, 09:32:39 am »

And I haven't watched Tex Avery in, what, a decade?
That in itself makes me sad. Everyone could use more wildtakes and sight gags in their life.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48658 on: June 28, 2012, 10:01:47 am »

Just looked up the author of my favourite Fantasy series on Wikipedia, and apparently the series was intended to be much, much longer but was cut short due to "disappointing sales".  Oh, and then the guy died of cancer. :(
If I had been alive at the time I would have quite happily bought several copies of each book, if that's what it took to keep the story going. Now I feel sad. At least the ten books that were released were excellent on their own, anyway.

Time to re-read the series again, I guess...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48659 on: June 28, 2012, 11:40:36 am »

What series and how long is it?
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 3242 3243 [3244] 3245 3246 ... 8167