Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3240 3241 [3242] 3243 3244 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9472455 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #48615 on: June 27, 2012, 05:18:07 pm »

Unless it's one of the flavored kind.

Trust me, those actually don't taste very good either.

Erm.
Why would they even flavor them? :-/
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #48616 on: June 27, 2012, 05:18:09 pm »

One of my graduated HS classmates died recently.  That was quick...I didn't actually know them much but geez.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #48617 on: June 27, 2012, 05:19:05 pm »

Don't ask me, I ain't no condom magnate. All I know is, one day Joe McContraceptive woke up and said, "Son, we should have banana flavored condoms".
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #48618 on: June 27, 2012, 05:23:44 pm »

I lost my childhood innocence at that point.

Says the master of fapping to the smaller penguin.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48619 on: June 27, 2012, 05:30:24 pm »

Don't ask me, I ain't no condom magnate. All I know is, one day Joe McContraceptive woke up and said, "Son, we should have banana flavored condoms".

I just want to say that this response made my day.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48620 on: June 27, 2012, 05:33:37 pm »

judging by what has appeared overall, I am a fapping penguin-minifridge that is now a peadophile.
what is wrong with this community!? and why am I still here!?
Everything and yet nothing. You remain because you entertain us.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48621 on: June 27, 2012, 05:35:04 pm »

Greatorder, you're here because you're a credit to your people (perverted penguins with neckbeards).
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48622 on: June 27, 2012, 05:36:06 pm »

My attempt to change the subject was an overwhelming success.

Basically my suspension of disbelief failed big time and then I went on ranting for ten minutes about how the show violates all known laws of physics.
The one episode I can't watch without becoming a ranty pissant is the one where Twilight Sparkle does fakescience to Pinkie Pies PinkieSense and then gives up at the end, going "LoL my machines that weren't designed to detect what I'm trying to detect aren't detecting anything, GUESS I GOTTA TAKE IT ON FAITH."

SEE? RANT. (Oh wait, that's blood.)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48623 on: June 27, 2012, 05:38:06 pm »

Yeah everyone hates that one's moral.

I raise an eyebrow at broken physics though, since 90% of it can be handwaved with magic (you don't really think those wings are big enough to carry pegasi, do you?) and the rest with cartoon physics. May as well be raging about Avatar or Batman breaking the laws of physics.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48624 on: June 27, 2012, 06:05:08 pm »

I've ran a Terrible dungeons and dragons game, for the first time for years, that was so bad people outright spoke about playing a different game during it... meaning I won't get to try again in years more.

This has put in me in a terrible mood all week.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48625 on: June 27, 2012, 06:10:48 pm »

I just got.... Well, fired is not the right word. I'm a temp working for this company called Lifttemp, and they gave me a 2-week-possibly-more position at this cosmetic distribution warehouse. Smells... odd.

Anyway, after two days they called the Lifttemp agent and said "Yeeeah we don't need him back. He texts too much."

Two texts. TWO FUCKING TEXTS. Spread out maybe... 4 hours between them, both to my mother, both work related (picking up a box cutter, and when she can pick me up after my shift).

They didn't have the FUCKING DECENCY to tell me on the job that I'm texting too much? My two texts going over their limit? If they're talking about the texts I had on my break then fuck em. Fuck them hard.

Fucking fuck fuck.

I hope to fucky fuck they're not fucking talking about me taking my fucking phone out to check the fucking time.

GODFUCKING DAMNIT I needed that money!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #48626 on: June 27, 2012, 06:23:38 pm »

I lost my childhood innocence at that point.

Says the master of fapping to the smaller penguin.
To be expected from a penguin.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48627 on: June 27, 2012, 06:39:17 pm »

I've ran a Terrible dungeons and dragons game, for the first time for years, that was so bad people outright spoke about playing a different game during it... meaning I won't get to try again in years more.

:(

Don't let it get you too down. I ran away from doing tabletop games with my friends for a full year after I did something similar... I cared about my failure much, MUCH more than they did and I didn't realize it. So don't do what I did and run away. Instead, realize you screwed up, but move on and do better next time.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #48628 on: June 27, 2012, 06:45:01 pm »

I remember when I was in school, I'd learned a lot of sex ed stuff on my own since they didn't teach it and took it upon myself to educate others.

No not like that. I held a small class in a club room and gave out condoms and things. I was a troublemaker at first but I became pretty responsible over time.
I can only imagine how awkward the first class was.

Not to mention my mental image of Janet as some sort of crazy eye-patched mecha-fairy is only enhanced by her giving away condoms and saying in full seriousness "It's dangerous to be unprepared!". Then the student walks away traumatized.

:(

Don't let it get you too down. I ran away from doing tabletop games with my friends for a full year after I did something similar... I cared about my failure much, MUCH more than they did and I didn't realize it. So don't do what I did and run away. Instead, realize you screwed up, but move on and do better next time.
Same adventure, but make the Big Bad a combustible chicken, and the mooks all evil mobster lemons. You have to fight them off with a rainbow-flamethrower and a lollipop. Save the Babby dragon from the evil Dr. Frankenbot! Mow this old fuckers lawn (whilst fighting off evil lawn gnomes)!

No actually your next adventure should be incredibly silly. Maybe cyber!Janet gives them a magic condom?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48629 on: June 27, 2012, 06:53:09 pm »

I remember when I was in school, I'd learned a lot of sex ed stuff on my own since they didn't teach it and took it upon myself to educate others.

No not like that. I held a small class in a club room and gave out condoms and things. I was a troublemaker at first but I became pretty responsible over time.
I can only imagine how awkward the first class was.

Not to mention my mental image of Janet as some sort of crazy eye-patched mecha-fairy is only enhanced by her giving away condoms and saying in full seriousness "It's dangerous to be unprepared!". Then the student walks away traumatized.
"It's dangerous to go alone. Take this with you."

Anyway, sads time: My mom went back to the hospital for pain after her surgery.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 3240 3241 [3242] 3243 3244 ... 8167