Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3215 3216 [3217] 3218 3219 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9423027 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #48240 on: June 19, 2012, 06:52:20 pm »

Ah, but I chose to do both, because I enjoy doing so. You'll have to try harder if you want to waste my time. :P
You can't waste someone's time if they're already doing so.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48241 on: June 19, 2012, 06:54:36 pm »

Ah, but I chose to do both, because I enjoy doing so. You'll have to try harder if you want to waste my time. :P

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RandomNumberGod
http://www.scp-wiki.net/random:random-scp

... Damn you. >3>
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48244 on: June 19, 2012, 07:17:33 pm »

I don't much enjoy TVTropes, and can't concentrate enough to enjoy reading any SCP pages. Also:

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #48245 on: June 19, 2012, 07:32:17 pm »

You could register an account through tor to mail it

Hilarious suggestion, but I think the e-mail is only accessible over the company's internal network.
Is it worth the postage to put it through snail mail with no return address? Or a fake one?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #48246 on: June 19, 2012, 09:08:18 pm »

You could register an account through tor to mail it

Hilarious suggestion, but I think the e-mail is only accessible over the company's internal network.
So sign everyone in the company's internal network up for tor. Then e-mail it. :D

Plus you would have your own company tor intra-net from which you and your cohorts could stage a rebellion from within. Hijinks ensue.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 09:10:10 pm by alway »

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48247 on: June 19, 2012, 09:11:01 pm »

I just finished Mass Effect 3.

The ending? It needs a bullet-proof vest. I never seen that many (plot) holes in one game. All that potential, ruined.

Synthetics and organics can't get along? HELLO? I JUST NEGOTIATED A PEACE TREATY WITH THE QUARIANS AND GETH. DO YOU HAVE LIKE, OUTDATED NEWS CLIENT OR SOMETHING?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 09:12:58 pm by Leatra »

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48248 on: June 19, 2012, 09:50:55 pm »

Been really frustrated recently, to the extent where I sort of half broke a cabinet when I kicked it. I'm worried this might mean I should go back on mood stabilisers, I don't want to be that person that breaks a whole load of stuff.

EDIT: Also, my feet are starting to hurt from all the pacing I've been doing. Given that I've been doing something like an hour or two of pacing every day for many, many, years that's really an accomplishment.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 10:49:00 pm by Pnx »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48249 on: June 20, 2012, 01:10:36 am »

My face gets more disgusting by the day. I think one of my nightmares is coming true.
Spoiler: I have a dream.... (click to show/hide)
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48250 on: June 20, 2012, 01:35:09 am »

Ugh, I hate pimples. They don't bother me as much as they bother you, but I still have them and I'm twenty. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever outgrow them or if I should get some kind of medication.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48251 on: June 20, 2012, 01:36:13 am »

Ugh, I hate pimples. They don't bother me as much as they bother you, but I still have them and I'm twenty. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever outgrow them or if I should get some kind of medication.
23 and still get them. You will NEVER escape the grasp of acne! BWahahahaha!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48252 on: June 20, 2012, 01:42:59 am »

21, and I also have huge acne issues, in fact I'm having a particularly bad outbreak right now... It feels really good when I pop one of the larger zits though.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #48253 on: June 20, 2012, 07:22:09 am »

I have a horrible mental attitude of always wanting to 'win' arguments. It's such a stupid, short-term way of looking at things when the costs far outweigh whatever Pyrrhic satisfaction I might get from logical 'victory'.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #48254 on: June 20, 2012, 07:49:28 am »

I have a horrible mental attitude of always wanting to 'win' arguments. It's such a stupid, short-term way of looking at things when the costs far outweigh whatever Pyrrhic satisfaction I might get from logical 'victory'.
Ditto. But that's because I refuse to stop when I'm right. Which is 99.9%* of the time. See, there's a difference between arguing because you don't want to lose (competitive arguing) and arguing because you're RIGHT (principle arguing). Conceding to a falsehood just to "preserve the peace" is the root of all evil.

...although I had to learn the hard way that this does not apply in marriage. When asked "does this outfit make my ass look big?", CONCEDE TO THE FALSEHOOD. "Yes" is not a good answer. "No, but that's because it's big regardless of the outfit" is a WORSE answer.  :P

* Actual percentages may vary.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 3215 3216 [3217] 3218 3219 ... 8167