Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3181 3182 [3183] 3184 3185 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9411112 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #47730 on: June 09, 2012, 05:33:48 am »

Aspirin isn't what I needed.

Plus we had run out. :3

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47731 on: June 09, 2012, 06:52:55 am »

So someone mentioned Warcraft 3 yesterday or so. I loaded it up and checked out the custom games. Bots as far as the eye can see, with nothing but empty games.

I get the distinct impression of walking into a ghost town, and when I go inside a building there's an animatronic mannequin behind the counter. He's asking if I want to play a game in a monotone, computerized voice. I sit down and wait for enough fellow players, but no one ever comes. It's the same in each of the endless buildings: Games hosted by robots, begging for human players that will never arive. And they'll be there, forever... or at least until bnet's servers shut down.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #47732 on: June 09, 2012, 07:01:50 am »

That sound like something from hitchikers guide to the galaxy.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #47733 on: June 09, 2012, 07:10:58 am »

Does ghostbots dream of electric war?
Love, scriver~

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47734 on: June 09, 2012, 07:30:07 am »

It's enough to bring a tear to your eye.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #47735 on: June 09, 2012, 08:06:39 am »

One of outside cats has a pretty huge wound (About maybe a quarter -- as in the coin -- and a half on the surface in size?) behind one of his ears. Not sure where it came from, and th'thing seems otherwise healthy, but it's hard to look at him with a massive open wound defacing like a 15th of his head :(

Both him and another cat (that hasn't been seen for a while... bad sign, bleh) has had these things off and on for a while, but this is the worst I've seen one. Wish could take to vet, but, well. They're more or less friendly strays and vet care's pretty damn expensive. Feed 'em, at least, but that's about the most th'family can do.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #47736 on: June 09, 2012, 08:19:02 am »

Go out and furiously take some pictures of a weather phenomenon that only lasts a few minutes, only to realize when back at the computer and everything's over that the autofocus was messed up and the iso was too high, resulting in grainy, blurry pictures.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47737 on: June 09, 2012, 11:27:25 am »

Any chance of reconnecting with my long lost sister was just thrown out the window and hit by a truck because she's an unreliable bitch, apparently.

:/

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47738 on: June 09, 2012, 03:05:37 pm »

My parents recently confronted me about my future.

I have no idea what I'm going to do. I believe I am good at nothing. I see nothing to look forward to in life. I'm not certain what I enjoy besides the suffering of others as my parents have told me. I will become a failure. Everything is my fault. I don't deserve anything I have. Compliments are just lies meant to make me feel better about my self. Sometimes I wish I could just die and not deal with any of this. I see no purpose to living. I feel like I can't talk to anyone about anything. I will live alone and die alone. I want to be with other people, but I just can't. I never have anything to talk about. I have always had trouble talking to people. I feel I have close to no social skills whatsoever which appear to be necessary to survival in today's world. I wish I could fall asleep and not wake up

Its okay mate. You're not the only one. You pretty much just described my life so far.
NO IT'S NOT OKAY. No living human being deserves to suffer like this. Scout, please see a psychologists: what you just described is textbook depression and has nothing to do with your capabilities as a person.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #47739 on: June 09, 2012, 03:22:19 pm »

Yo, scout890 and gamerlord. You guys are 17. Nobody should expect you to have a plan for your life at this age. Focus on enjoying life and finding out what you want to do. Don't dwell on the fact that you don't know yet, because your life as an adult is just starting.

I was in that state when I was your age. Things have changed a lot for the better in the past year. Have some hope.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #47740 on: June 09, 2012, 03:27:25 pm »

Any chance of reconnecting with my long lost sister was just thrown out the window and hit by a truck because she's an unreliable bitch, apparently.

:/

That sucks, man. What happened?
Love, scriver~

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #47741 on: June 09, 2012, 06:38:13 pm »

I have no idea what I'm going to do. I believe I am good at nothing. I see nothing to look forward to in life. I'm not certain what I enjoy besides the suffering of others as my parents have told me. I will become a failure. Everything is my fault. I don't deserve anything I have. Compliments are just lies meant to make me feel better about my self. Sometimes I wish I could just die and not deal with any of this. I see no purpose to living. I feel like I can't talk to anyone about anything. I will live alone and die alone. I want to be with other people, but I just can't. I never have anything to talk about. I have always had trouble talking to people. I feel I have close to no social skills whatsoever which appear to be necessary to survival in today's world. I wish I could fall asleep and not wake up

Its okay mate. You're not the only one. You pretty much just described my life so far.
NO IT'S NOT OKAY. No living human being deserves to suffer like this. Scout, please see a psychologists: what you just described is textbook depression and has nothing to do with your capabilities as a person.
Pretty much everyone goes through the same stage of self-hate at age 17.  You are doing fine.  You are right on time.  I went through this too.  My parents went through it too.  It wouldn't hurt to speak to a counselor or psychologist either.  Sometimes you just need someone to talk to.  This stage of your life is important.  The fact you care about your future means you will ensure you have a good future.  Ask yourself an important question: if you could do any job, any job in the world, what would it be?  Then research that job, what it would take to qualify for it, what the job is like, and see if you can job shadow someone doing that job.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47742 on: June 09, 2012, 07:07:59 pm »

That feeling when you have a chick's wallet with her bus fare to get her back from the city left in your car from the other night.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47743 on: June 09, 2012, 07:10:45 pm »

Found a $10 Theater Gift Card in the school Gym a few Months ago. I never bothered to return, and today I used it.
The guilt hurts.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47744 on: June 09, 2012, 09:09:57 pm »

Pretty much everyone goes through the same stage of self-hate at age 17.  You are doing fine.  You are right on time.  I went through this too.  My parents went through it too.  It wouldn't hurt to speak to a counselor or psychologist either.  Sometimes you just need someone to talk to.  This stage of your life is important.  The fact you care about your future means you will ensure you have a good future.  Ask yourself an important question: if you could do any job, any job in the world, what would it be?  Then research that job, what it would take to qualify for it, what the job is like, and see if you can job shadow someone doing that job.
And if you still don't have it after some soul searching, internal monologuing, and research, take some introductory college classes and find out if something really fun and/or you're really good at doing something. Eventyally you'll get there, man, but it takes time and willpower. Chin up, keep it up, and keep going.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 3181 3182 [3183] 3184 3185 ... 8166