Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3156 3157 [3158] 3159 3160 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9423966 times)

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #47355 on: May 29, 2012, 06:45:35 pm »

Then it seems I owe you an apology. We did have the ability to change our own names until my April Fools joke happened.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #47356 on: May 29, 2012, 06:48:20 pm »

Why is it awkward being called Janet, Janet? I mean... You're Janet. Janet of the lower forums. You will always be Janet to me, because you have always been Janet to me. Totally Janet.
Love, scriver~

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #47357 on: May 29, 2012, 07:02:36 pm »

Well lets just say me adopting the name Janet on the boards wasn't totally what I wanted to do for reasons. But I whent with it because my sister blabbed.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47358 on: May 29, 2012, 07:44:03 pm »

If I remember correctly part of the issue was that changing your name the old way erased your infraction history.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47359 on: May 29, 2012, 07:52:15 pm »

Then it seems I owe you an apology. We did have the ability to change our own names until my April Fools joke happened.
Well it was a good laugh.  We must have had something like 40 Toady One's and Three Toes.  And the whole clearing your infractions thing wouldn't surprise me with how unstable the forum was.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #47360 on: May 29, 2012, 08:01:08 pm »

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/man-faces-500-ticket-for-littering-after-giving-a-homeless-man-money-and-dropping-one-of-the-bills/

.... Priorities, priorities, priorities....

I once tossed a burger king sandwich I didn't like to a homeless guy right in public square. He did not catch it.... Officer saw, did not care.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47361 on: May 29, 2012, 08:02:55 pm »

What did you do?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47362 on: May 29, 2012, 08:40:13 pm »

What did you do?

It might have been the one where we all became Aqizzar, or was it Toady? I can't remember.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #47363 on: May 29, 2012, 08:42:33 pm »

I once tossed a burger king sandwich I didn't like to a homeless guy right in public square. He did not catch it.... Officer saw, did not care.
Truean, stop throwing sandwiches at homeless people. The things I have to say—

What did you do?
I changed my username to “Toady One” and told everyone that I was quitting Dwarf Fortress. It was not especially convincing, and it ended up with many forum members “dressing up” as Toady and Three Toe. If memory serves, Cthulthu is Cthulthu because of the incident. He used to be named “Muffles”, but he lost his name when the feature was removed.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 08:49:03 pm by Fenrir »

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47364 on: May 29, 2012, 10:17:33 pm »

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/man-faces-500-ticket-for-littering-after-giving-a-homeless-man-money-and-dropping-one-of-the-bills/

.... Priorities, priorities, priorities....

What.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #47365 on: May 29, 2012, 10:26:37 pm »

Truean: Legendary Sandwich Thrower

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47366 on: May 29, 2012, 10:51:50 pm »

I was not accepted at Yellowstone. Apparently I don't have the qualifications to clean hotel rooms or collect garbage.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #47367 on: May 30, 2012, 07:13:53 am »

They mean they don't trust you not to steal stuff from the hotel rooms due to lack of prior experience. I had a similar problem; try looking for lower quality establishments, perhaps? It also helps to have good references.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #47368 on: May 30, 2012, 07:31:25 am »

RIP, Doc Watson.  :'(

I knew he took a fall last week and wasn't doing very well, but still....damn. They just don't make 'em like that anymore.
I remember telling someone a few months ago that I really needed to go see him play in concert, while I still had the chance.  :-[

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #47369 on: May 30, 2012, 09:05:47 am »

Truean, stop throwing sandwiches at homeless people. The things I have to say—

quoted

So my 9am client appointment yesterday had a mental breakdown in my office, she literally threw herself on the floor and had a kicking, screaming tantrum... My 9am appointment this morning, she freaked out as well, stormed out of my office and called me an asshole!! I do NOT get paid enough to deal with this... $250 max per public defender like appointment cases.... (before expenses).

The more I do this work, the more I conclude that sewage workers, and public defenders (or their equivalents) are the least appreciated public employees ever.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 09:22:52 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 3156 3157 [3158] 3159 3160 ... 8167