Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3125 3126 [3127] 3128 3129 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9423992 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #46890 on: May 18, 2012, 05:13:08 pm »

If we all decided to have a universal language, I sure as hell hope it wouldn't be English.

Also that's probably a case of xenophobia, not racism.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46891 on: May 18, 2012, 05:20:45 pm »

I vote for Klingon.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46892 on: May 18, 2012, 05:21:22 pm »

Doesn't G take out your gravity gun?

Can't believe I never noticed that!

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46893 on: May 18, 2012, 05:25:41 pm »

To be fair, the world might work a bit better if everyone spoke the same language. Then again, it might work worse too.

Just don't build a tower!
Hello Hunam

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46894 on: May 18, 2012, 05:41:28 pm »

A continuation of what happened in my previous post:
I restarted my petition that is due Monday, and got nearly all my signatures, just about 20 more which I should be able to get alright on Monday. Hurrah, no problem.

Only issue is that my HELPFUL friend (who truly does mean well) decided to tell everyone that my petition was stolen (which I told her not to do, although I am sure someone at least hid it do to further information I gathered from other people in the club) and even told some people who I suspected took it (which I doubly told her not to do, because I was afraid of something like this happening). Now the paper mysteriously showed up in front of the anime club classroom, and I can either:

a.) Lie and say that it's still gone (what my two closest friends tell me to do). Besides the obvious moral issues with this, it also fails in that there are at least 4 people who know it was found today and if they overhear that I said it was stolen will likely flip out and cause things to explode.

b.) Pretend I'm an idiot and say it wasn't really stolen/the paper magically floated off the clipboard.

or c.) Say it was found on the ground, and have it be assumed by most people that I'm an idiot and irresponsible.

It's frustrating because it could've all been avoided if not for helpful friend trying to be helpful :(

On the plus side, a kid who posted a picture of a teacher as a waterbuffalo (one I sent the picture to the office) had his English teacher refuse to sign his petition and therefore can't run.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #46895 on: May 18, 2012, 05:41:28 pm »

To be fair, the world might work a bit better if everyone spoke the same language. Then again, it might work worse too.

Just don't build a tower!
Too late, we already have a gazillion of those that are probably higher than what they supposedly made in ancient Babylon.  Our efforts are doomed from the start.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46896 on: May 18, 2012, 05:43:07 pm »

Yeah but none of those were intended to reach Heaven.

We should start worrying when they make a space elevator.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #46897 on: May 18, 2012, 05:43:39 pm »

I have a pinata due monday for Spanish II. I have the materials together, but I still have to put it together. We've had a week to do this.

Goddamnit >___________________________________________________________>

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #46898 on: May 18, 2012, 05:45:37 pm »

I was told today there's a possibility I might not get this job because they someone who was qualified to drive buses in addition to what I'd be doing.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #46899 on: May 18, 2012, 06:13:40 pm »

I removed linux from my home desktop to make more room for video games. I don't know why that makes me sad.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46900 on: May 18, 2012, 06:33:55 pm »

I've maintained a math average >90% for the entire year, but I've had to concentrate more on english and history to keep my average up this quarter. SO my average in math is now a 86%!!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 06:48:59 pm by Mr. Palau »
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #46901 on: May 18, 2012, 06:34:16 pm »

I was told today there's a possibility I might not get this job because they someone who was qualified to drive buses in addition to what I'd be doing.

"We work with children, I drive the van while he lures them in."
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46902 on: May 18, 2012, 06:36:03 pm »

I removed linux from my home desktop to make more room for video games. I don't know why that makes me sad.
You could find a smaller version of Linux, maybe? Compared to a lot of modern videogames, Linux can be miniscule if you find the right distros. I personally like http://crunchbanglinux.org/
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46903 on: May 19, 2012, 08:55:13 am »

Just web surfing and stumbled into a Chinadaily thread about Scarborough Shoal.

It was full of bias, rage and insults.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46904 on: May 19, 2012, 10:09:09 am »

saw a graphic gif. where a kitty gets its head cut off  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!
Pages: 1 ... 3125 3126 [3127] 3128 3129 ... 8167