Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3110 3111 [3112] 3113 3114 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9437008 times)

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #46665 on: May 11, 2012, 05:59:36 pm »

My final pair of cheap earbuds decided to die on me, so I actually had to spend some money on a decent pair of headphones. At least I'll have a microphone now.
Nothing important here, move along.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46666 on: May 11, 2012, 06:00:05 pm »

Little-sad here, but I'm back at home. Specifically, our modem is sentient and can hold a grudge for a long time. That, and I now have to wait about an hour to fully load a 20 minute video on YT.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #46667 on: May 11, 2012, 06:06:38 pm »

Little-sad here, but I'm back at home. Specifically, our modem is sentient and can hold a grudge for a long time. That, and I now have to wait about an hour to fully load a 20 minute video on YT.
Load several-hundred YT videos at a time. If it works, you can watch videos while you render video, because dawg.

If it doesn't, you can cook some delicious am on your fried computer.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46668 on: May 11, 2012, 08:42:51 pm »

I have only one beer left; and it's that stuff I bought a couple of days ago.  It took me a while to decide, but I don't like it that much.  Next time, I'll just buy their safe, German style beer instead of this weird Scottish/American mix.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46669 on: May 11, 2012, 09:06:33 pm »

Slashdot writes:

""Adobe has posted a security bulletin for Photoshop CS5 for Windows and OSX. It seems there is a critical security hole that will allow attackers to execute arbitrary code in the context of the user running the affected application. Adobe's fix? You need to pay to upgrade to Photoshop CS6. For users who cannot upgrade to Adobe Photoshop CS6, Adobe recommends users follow security best practices and exercise caution when opening files from unknown or untrusted sources."

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46670 on: May 11, 2012, 09:08:13 pm »

I think that actually belongs in the Rage thread, to be honest.  Although it is both.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #46671 on: May 11, 2012, 09:22:39 pm »

Slashdot writes:

""Adobe has posted a security bulletin for Photoshop CS5 for Windows and OSX. It seems there is a critical security hole that will allow attackers to execute arbitrary code in the context of the user running the affected application. Adobe's fix? You need to pay to upgrade to Photoshop CS6. For users who cannot upgrade to Adobe Photoshop CS6, Adobe recommends users follow security best practices and exercise caution when opening files from unknown or untrusted sources."
Found another source, has more information.
Apparently, Adobe was aware of this security hole since last year and didn't announce it until CS6 was out for a few weeks.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46672 on: May 11, 2012, 09:25:01 pm »

And that is the reason I use free software. GIMP is almost as powerful as PS but it's FREE!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #46673 on: May 11, 2012, 09:41:22 pm »

Friend is single mom; known her for several years. 2 years ago, she met guy and is in a relationship with him. He has no problem with her or her kid; me on the other hand.... He has not been receptive.... I've tried everything. I baked him cookies; he ate them (still has my plate). If I am not mistaken, he does not like having me around....

Friend's birthday is coming up in June and they're throwing her a party. She invited me; he called tonight and said it was a "family kind of party...." I asked if he meant her mom or his family or something showing up, etc. He just repeated that it was a "family party...." I asked if I should bring anything or if there was anything I could do.... He repeated himself.... Similar questions got the same answer.... Seems clear he doesn't want me showing up; not sure why given that I've done everything but beg this guy.... I am especially ecstatic that it seems I cannot be associated with "family" events by this line of thinking....

So now the question is of course do I show up and piss him off, or not show up? If I do not show up, do I tell Friend why, make up an excuse, or say nothing...? He's actually good to her and kid, so I really don't wanna be a wedge.... Yet, I do so enjoy losing what few true friends I have....

I suppose today has just been "interesting" all around. Yelled at by Judge, who had wrong case number, for a case I had nothing to do with. Boss shrugs off my book keeping concerns for elderly ward client when all I want out of him is to squeeze a checking account statement out of the bank so I know if I have $2000 in the account or $5500 before we write anymore checks... (long story including manager, whom I'm gonna sue, stealing from client). Among other things.... Of course the above whining.... Meh. Hello alcohol....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46674 on: May 11, 2012, 11:16:17 pm »

Show up.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #46675 on: May 11, 2012, 11:42:08 pm »

If you want to be diplomatic, get in touch with your friend for clarification, explaining that he wouldn't stop repeating himself and didn't seem to be willing to say something plainly, and you're just trying to make sure you're doing what they want.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #46676 on: May 12, 2012, 12:07:41 am »

If you want to be diplomatic, get in touch with your friend for clarification, explaining that he wouldn't stop repeating himself and didn't seem to be willing to say something plainly, and you're just trying to make sure you're doing what they want.
Agreed.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46677 on: May 12, 2012, 01:53:30 am »

I have a rather nasty case of diarrhoea. And I just realised I used up all of the toilet paper yesterday.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46678 on: May 12, 2012, 02:15:53 am »

So now the question is of course do I show up and piss him off, or not show up? If I do not show up, do I tell Friend why, make up an excuse, or say nothing...? He's actually good to her and kid, so I really don't wanna be a wedge.... Yet, I do so enjoy losing what few true friends I have....
I can't find a way to put it right, after numerous edits, but you should go.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 02:27:46 am by Heliman »

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46679 on: May 12, 2012, 02:24:28 am »

Finding myself surrounded by bigotry that goes beyond tasteless jokes into some seriously fucked up views and unwarranted hatred of people. It has reached the point where something that's supposed to be fun isn't anymore.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.
Pages: 1 ... 3110 3111 [3112] 3113 3114 ... 8167