Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3105 3106 [3107] 3108 3109 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9442349 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #46590 on: May 09, 2012, 06:58:17 pm »

I live in Canada.

I need to get three wisdom teeth pulled. Maybe.

... I have no idea what it's gonna cost. :I
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46591 on: May 09, 2012, 07:11:48 pm »

Probably your soul.  Nothing much.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46592 on: May 09, 2012, 07:14:21 pm »

I'm a gay atheist Canadian would-be hunter.

Pretty much anyone you ask, I no longer have a soul. So... Free dental care! :D
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46593 on: May 09, 2012, 08:00:53 pm »

Feeling miserable, frustrated, idiotic.

Thinking about that letter I'm supposed to write. Ugh.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46594 on: May 09, 2012, 11:34:36 pm »

I needed 2 root canals and I don't have ANY dental insurance,
instead I just had my dentist pull both teeth,
I'm 21 years old and am missing 2 teeth....
being poor sucks, wish I had money to get replacement teeth put in, but w/e
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46595 on: May 09, 2012, 11:53:09 pm »

University dental schools will often do procedures on the cheap, since students need real world experience before opening practices. In my experience, they're pretty good too, since the knowledge is fresher, so much rides on them doing well, and they haven't gotten jaded yet.

Just a thought.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46596 on: May 10, 2012, 12:01:26 am »

Tonight was the second time I've encountered the same three-legged dog while out walking late at night. The first time, it was cowering behind some bushes staring at me intensely a short way off from the sidewalk.

Tonight it was wandering around the sidewalk a block or so ahead of me a couple blocks from where I saw it before, sniffing around the garbage bags people had put out. It's not a small dog, and I'll be honest, it creeped me the heck out encountering it in the semi-darkness out there. It walks strangely but doesn't appear to have any trouble getting around with a missing leg... it seems to move just as quickly as a regular dog. I ended up taking a wide detour down a side street to avoid it.

Now that I'm home I feel kind of guilty for being creeped out and avoiding it... after tonight I now strongly suspect it's a stray and it probably needs food and attention more than shunning, but I didn't want to approach an unknown and unpredictable animal and don't know how I'd even begin to go about getting it to a shelter. If it really is stray, it's the only stray dog I've ever seen in this area.

I'm still kind of freaked out at the idea of encountering it again, which makes me feel even more like a bad person.  :(

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46597 on: May 10, 2012, 12:34:35 am »

Don't feel bad about being scared of it, you really can't tell if an animal's going to be amicable or not. If you had the time to dedicate and you were sincerely interested in helping the poor thing, you could take the time to follow it around from a safe distance and observe its behavior until you were sure whether it would be safe to approach or not.
Nothing important here, move along.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46598 on: May 10, 2012, 12:53:25 am »

Plus, if it's been in the same area twice, it's probably gonna be there for a while yet. Maybe you could call up the shelter and tell them about it?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46599 on: May 10, 2012, 01:10:21 am »

I really should make an SMT:I thread. But I'm a terrible OP writer.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #46600 on: May 10, 2012, 02:42:25 am »

It varies from person to person but the ring finger generally shares a tendon on with both the middle and pinky finger. A good way to test your finger independence is to rest your hand on your fingertips like you're playing piano and then raise one finger at a time. Most people end up having a lot of trouble with the ring.

It also depends on what you're doing. Most fingers are independent enough for even most guitar playing, but sometimes you have to do something like extend your ring finger while simultaneously flexing your middle and that's when you really notice.

On my left hand all but the ring is independant, and the ring is independent when I use it alone but dependant when I use the middle. On my right hand the ring and little is dependant at almost all times, except when I move the middle finger and only the ring is dependant.
Love, scriver~

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #46601 on: May 10, 2012, 03:47:31 am »

I made myself sad today.  Had plenty of time to do homework, chose to play games all day instead.  Why do I keep doing this to myself?  Do I like the immediate pleasure of video games more than the long lasting pleasure of studying, doing work that actually will lead to a better life?  I just don't get myself sometimes.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46602 on: May 10, 2012, 12:42:46 pm »

Plus, if it's been in the same area twice, it's probably gonna be there for a while yet. Maybe you could call up the shelter and tell them about it?

This is part of the problem... I live in a small town that has no shelters or anything in town. The nearest city has a couple cat shelters and a pound, but the pound puts down animals that aren't reclaimed or adopted within a week or so. I'm not sure there's actually any options that would help it, and I can't keep animals myself.  :(

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46603 on: May 10, 2012, 03:05:02 pm »

I hate that one person that thinks every insult post is about them in some random way...

Spoiler: I actually do (click to show/hide)
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #46604 on: May 10, 2012, 03:52:09 pm »

I hate that one person that thinks every insult post is about them in some random way...

Spoiler: I actually do (click to show/hide)

Was that directed at ME or something? D:<
Pages: 1 ... 3105 3106 [3107] 3108 3109 ... 8167