Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3001 3002 [3003] 3004 3005 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443465 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #45030 on: March 22, 2012, 03:05:18 pm »

Cat got in a bad fight. Bad enough to draw blood.
Love, scriver~

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45031 on: March 22, 2012, 03:05:52 pm »

Aaand that's the last uni rejecting my application.

Another half a year that I have to spend in this bloody country.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #45032 on: March 22, 2012, 03:11:11 pm »

Got exasperated at a snafu at work and exclaimed, "Brother...what a way to run a railroad."

No one got the reference:-[

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #45033 on: March 22, 2012, 03:14:18 pm »

Got exasperated at a snafu at work and exclaimed, "Brother...what a way to run a railroad."

Considering that that particular quote is about as old as railroads are, there's not that great a chance of someone realizing that it's a reference in the first place.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #45034 on: March 22, 2012, 03:31:14 pm »

After hours of studying German literature there is only one thing I remember: Enfant Perdu.

Next time studying will consists of less ice-cream and beer.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #45035 on: March 22, 2012, 03:31:36 pm »

Considering that that particular quote is about as old as railroads are, there's not that great a chance of someone realizing that it's a reference in the first place.
I know it predates Chuck Jones, but a quick google search indicates that's the best-known pop culture use of it. Either I'm too old, or I'm too young and these people didn't grow up shooting Looney Tunes straight into their veins like I did.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #45036 on: March 22, 2012, 03:32:49 pm »

After hours of studying German literature there is only one thing I remember: Enfant Perdu.
....the only thing you remember is a title in French?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #45037 on: March 22, 2012, 03:33:31 pm »

I know it predates Chuck Jones, but a quick google search indicates that's the best-known pop culture use of it. Either I'm too old, or I'm too young and these people didn't grow up shooting Looney Tunes straight into their veins like I did.
It's still in use as a general complaint. I hear it at least once a week.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #45038 on: March 22, 2012, 03:50:21 pm »

....the only thing you remember is a title in French?
It's because of this song which is stuck in my head.
The guy has a great name though. Gotta give him credit for that.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #45039 on: March 22, 2012, 04:27:19 pm »

Why do clients want to waste 40 minutes of my day chatting about personal matters?

I don't really care who you knew in high school or who you grew up around. This is not an indicator of my caring about your legal interests. No, I didn't really know Jenny whatever-the-hell-her-name-was. Let's talk about this Power of Attorney ( which Ohio recently changed with new laws taking effect just today....). <-- That is an indicator of my caring about your legal interests; none of my work associates even realized there was a change in the law today.... I do. You also don't want to really be charged for this conversation, but you certainly want to take up 40 minutes of my time in my office....

I will lie to you and use pre determined conversational pieces I've thought up in advance to pretend I care, because otherwise you won't think you're extra special...[sigh]. Nevermind about the quality of the legal documents you're purchasing or what's going to happen when they come into effect (in this case when you're unable to act yourself). Who was that girl who grew up on your street that you haven't seen in 12 years again? Fascinating....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #45040 on: March 22, 2012, 05:30:43 pm »

Bathroom was infested with spiders..... I have arachnophobia.... It took me nearly an hour to kill them,(they were a bunch of baby spiders, but still A few centimeters big(3-5). Then I sprayed them all to make sure(they look like snowballs lol).....then I just sprayed the fly spray everywhere randomly to make sure............ I hate spiders.

Hardest thing I have ever done in my life.(not that I have done hard things before)

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45041 on: March 22, 2012, 05:46:02 pm »

Avaaz is making me sad again with their emails of gloom and despair.
Quote from: Avaaz
16 year-old Amina Filali -- raped, beaten and forced to wed her rapist -- killed herself because Morocco’s penal code allows a rapist to marry his underage victim.

When Amina was brutally raped, her family reported it to officials in their town of Larache. Instead of prosecuting the rapist, the court allowed him the option of marrying his victim-- and Amina's family agreed to the proposal.

Man, what the fuck.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #45042 on: March 22, 2012, 05:49:04 pm »

Avaaz is making me sad again with their emails of gloom and despair.
Quote from: Avaaz
16 year-old Amina Filali -- raped, beaten and forced to wed her rapist -- killed herself because Morocco’s penal code allows a rapist to marry his underage victim.

When Amina was brutally raped, her family reported it to officials in their town of Larache. Instead of prosecuting the rapist, the court allowed him the option of marrying his victim-- and Amina's family agreed to the proposal.

Man, what the fuck.
Exactly.

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45043 on: March 22, 2012, 06:12:59 pm »

Bathroom was infested with spiders..... I have arachnophobia.... It took me nearly an hour to kill them,(they were a bunch of baby spiders, but still A few centimeters big(3-5). Then I sprayed them all to make sure(they look like snowballs lol).....then I just sprayed the fly spray everywhere randomly to make sure............ I hate spiders.

Hardest thing I have ever done in my life.(not that I have done hard things before)

OH man Drago! Have you ever seen a spider egg sac? One time I cut one open, and got to see all the little baby spiders crawl out by the dozens. Very neat actually.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45044 on: March 22, 2012, 07:32:08 pm »

I ain't arachnophobic.

Except for the highly venomous ones.
Pages: 1 ... 3001 3002 [3003] 3004 3005 ... 8167