Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3000 3001 [3002] 3003 3004 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443243 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #45015 on: March 22, 2012, 09:07:43 am »

But that would collapse the entire forum into a singularity of spam!

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #45016 on: March 22, 2012, 09:08:30 am »

But that would collapse the entire forum into a singularity of spam!
We already had that happen, and it took a lot more than just a giant thread.

There were massive casualties.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45017 on: March 22, 2012, 09:14:15 am »

It's better than 15 trends about each emotion. i could start one right now about what made you horny today, so it's not exactly a sound solution to keep em all in separate trend :P  someone is bound to do it.
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #45018 on: March 22, 2012, 09:22:28 am »

It's better than 15 trends about each emotion. i could start one right now about what made you horny today, so it's not exactly a sound solution to keep em all in separate trend :P  someone is bound to do it.

That isn't an emotion, its a way of life.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #45019 on: March 22, 2012, 11:50:21 am »

I.) Client comes to me two days before tax foreclosure sale and expects me to stop it....
a.) If it is at foreclosure sheriff's sale, then it's been in courts a while.
b.) It's not just a foreclosure sale, it's a tax foreclosure sale.... Shit.
c.) It's a "certificated" tax foreclosure sale, meaning the treasurer sold off the debt to a private party to collect, so you've had the chance to deal with them too.
d.) Guy also, "wants to be cautious about costs...."

So do the impossible, quickly, and cheaply/free? ???

I'm not spending hours trying to drown a fish.

Guy looks at me like I just cut off his toe for no reason and am a complete asshole. I did not cause your problems. I might, might, be able to solve them and yes it's for a fee and yes I need more than two days to do it. "Clearly," I'm an asshole because I won't drop all my other cases to scramble/pray I can get this sale postponed/stopped in 2 days....[head desk]

II.) Guy's car insurance pays for towing anywhere, fine. Car breaks down; they call towtruck, fine. Towtruck sees car is insecure, tries to slow down on highway--only partially works. While still doing about 40 MPH, car comes lose from towtruck, towtruck stops, car keeps going into back of towtruck.
Inertia causes lots of damage as dropped car plows into back of towtruck. Towtruck guy takes towtruck hook and runs, abandoning both towtruck and car on highway.... Not fine....

No insurance company wants to pay this. It's probably towtruck garage insurance's fault. They're being major assholes. As a professional courtesy and to show I'm serious, I attach a copy of the legal complaint I'm going to file if they don't settle. They hate this and me for doing it, especially for using the word "negligent." That's what happened: negligence, and that's what I'm gonna sue over. I'm doing the insurance company a favor and trying to get less money than I would at trial so client can get it faster. They don't see it that way. I hate insurance companies. How many cars get towed in the US every day? Lots. Now, how many fall off the back of the god damn towtruck. Not many. Res Ipsa Loquitor

Today is the day of extra terrible clients and it's only going to get worse.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 12:06:50 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45020 on: March 22, 2012, 12:02:10 pm »

Then we just have the happy and sad threads. The happy thread handled everything positive and good, sad thread handled everything that makes us feel terrible. Happy thread encourages positive conversations, sad thread encourages dealing with the issue, venting and providing support to those that need it.

Any other emotion thread is kinda superfluous.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #45021 on: March 22, 2012, 12:17:40 pm »

II.) Guy's car insurance pays for towing anywhere, fine. Car breaks down; they call towtruck, fine. Towtruck sees car is insecure, tries to slow down on highway--only partially works. While still doing about 40 MPH, car comes lose from towtruck, towtruck stops, car keeps going into back of towtruck.
Inertia causes lots of damage as dropped car plows into back of towtruck. Towtruck guy takes towtruck hook and runs, abandoning both towtruck and car on highway.... Not fine....

No insurance company wants to pay this. It's probably towtruck garage insurance's fault. They're being major assholes. As a professional courtesy and to show I'm serious, I attach a copy of the legal complaint I'm going to file if they don't settle. They hate this and me for doing it, especially for using the word "negligent." That's what happened: negligence, and that's what I'm gonna sue over. I'm doing the insurance company a favor and trying to get less money than I would at trial so client can get it faster. They don't see it that way. I hate insurance companies. How many cars get towed in the US every day? Lots. Now, how many fall off the back of the god damn towtruck. Not many. Res Ipsa Loquitor

Admittedly, it sounds like just accident rather than negligence...up until the part where the guy grabbed the towing hook and ran off. Which is both WTF and a hilarious mental image.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45022 on: March 22, 2012, 12:32:17 pm »

Admittedly, it sounds like just accident rather than negligence...up until the part where the guy grabbed the towing hook and ran off. Which is both WTF and a hilarious mental image.

Legalese.... There's a messed up car, who pays for repairing it? "It was an accident" doesn't mean somebody doesn't have to pay for it. If someone runs into your car on accident, then, if they're at fault, that means they pay. It's not like you should be stuck with the repair bills for the accident resulting from their mistake.

Negligence: 1.) Duty, 2.) Breach of that Duty, 3.) that causes, 4.) damages. They've got a duty to exercise ordinary care and a statutory duty to secure any loads they haul on a vehicle, they broke both and as a result craploads of damage were done to client's car. Res Ipsa Loquitor: (The thing proves itself). They had sole control over the situation and client didn't contribute in any way. (simplified).

As for running off with the hook. Yeah, that tells me he's hiding something (namely the hook, but also whatever that evidence proves). As stated this is also funny as hell. :P
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 12:34:25 pm by Truean »

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #45023 on: March 22, 2012, 12:51:35 pm »

Meh. In NC, we have "no-fault" language that basically says unless there's a good indication of contributory negligence by one party, then all parties are equally at fault and their insurance just pays for their portion.  Not sure how that would apply here.

Was kind of a PITA when I got backed into at work a couple of years ago, and the cop refused to make a determination of fault (as is standard procedure for police, apparently). So initially my insurance was on the hook for my car being totalled (it's an old car and while the damage wasn't that extensive, it was more than 50% of the remaining value of the car, so....totalled. I'm still driving it, 3 years later.)

Then I drew a diagram indicating where the damage was (and they confirmed by sending an adjuster to take pictures) and how it would impossible for the damage to have occurred in that location unless I had already established right-of-way and was backed into. Wasn't a "bad timing" corner-hit, it was all on the side panel and passenger door. Other person's insurance tried to fight me, until my company faxed them photos of the damage and my little drawn diagram. Chumps shut up and paid up after that.  :D

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45024 on: March 22, 2012, 01:07:20 pm »

« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 04:40:48 pm by Truean »

Please don't quote me.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45025 on: March 22, 2012, 01:33:59 pm »

I have the worst cold ever.
auuugh.
I can't believe I'm missing my game programming and web design classes over this shit.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #45026 on: March 22, 2012, 02:25:08 pm »

RE: the tow truck driver, I would have mentioned sending copies of documents to the local tow licensing people, AAA, BBB, etc...

Let the tow company pay up, then they can deal with getting their insurance to reimburse.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45027 on: March 22, 2012, 02:41:56 pm »

For anyone that cares, I feel a bit better today.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #45028 on: March 22, 2012, 02:44:05 pm »

For anyone that cares, I feel a bit better today.
Me too!!!

I AM MEEEEEEE

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #45029 on: March 22, 2012, 02:46:03 pm »

We all care Josh, we all care.

<3
Pages: 1 ... 3000 3001 [3002] 3003 3004 ... 8167