Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2992 2993 [2994] 2995 2996 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443619 times)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #44895 on: March 20, 2012, 07:27:58 pm »

No, not really, nobody in my family gives a crap about athletics, and I was never under much pressure to perform well in school.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44896 on: March 20, 2012, 07:29:21 pm »

Doing self diagnosis over the internet, are we?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44897 on: March 20, 2012, 07:29:55 pm »

Where are you coming from anyway Max, just shoving shady psychology stuff on everyone?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #44898 on: March 20, 2012, 07:30:47 pm »

Psychological profiles of people who grew up under dysfunctional/addict parents, why you gotta be so relevant to my adult life?

Sure, it made me well-adapted to deal with high stress situations and disaster scenarios, but I'll be damned if these behaviors haven't fucked up the 99% of my life that isn't traumatic.
I'm a Lost Child, big time.  Even that amnesia thing.  I'm not kidding. I seriously forget entire situations, entire conversations, heck, entire people.  I'm always reaching out to love people then I push them away when they want to get close.  Recently I even got the chance to be close to someone and I just couldn't let go.  It was like I was afraid of them.

I sympathize Euld. I spent years just trying to forget my childhood. I can really relate to that article, it's scary.

Me too. Except for the parts of not feeling empathy with animals (which I have in abundance) and being quiet (my outward persona gets very loud and place-taking). And not being introspective, I guess.
Love, scriver~

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44899 on: March 20, 2012, 07:31:11 pm »

No, not really, nobody in my family gives a crap about athletics, and I was never under much pressure to perform well in school.
Well then I'm sorry to inform you, but you are a human being, with unique attributes and traits. It is a terminal condition, and you may never have a specific archetype. There is nothing we can do to save you...

Doing self diagnosis over the internet, are we?
Fuck yea! You want a reading?
I'm feeling parent figure.. No, grandparent figure. I see cookies. Yes, lots of cookies. You clearly fill the 'grandma' type, of baking cookies and other food stuffs.

Or I'm sort of hungry...

Where are you coming from anyway Max, just shoving shady psychology stuff on everyone?
That's what I do!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44900 on: March 20, 2012, 07:34:07 pm »

I've always considered trying to read people based on some sort of statistical psychology to be incredibly rude.

Beyond Incredibly, actually, into outright alienating. IMO.

Just thought to let you know that.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44901 on: March 20, 2012, 07:36:05 pm »

And I have always thought that any sort of archetype read about on the internet that you apply to yourself to be rather silly.

Beyond silly, actually, into outright foolish. IMO.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44902 on: March 20, 2012, 07:40:41 pm »

I'm probably just in a sad mindset atm, but you are being rude Max.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44903 on: March 20, 2012, 07:43:48 pm »

I apologise if you take offence, but I think Poe's law has come into effect here. I am not seriously analysing anybody, I am mealy attempting to point out how silly it is to think that a short, ambiguous internet article could describe you with an accuracy that would be thought of as 'Scary'

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #44904 on: March 20, 2012, 07:44:10 pm »

And I have always thought that this sort of post structure to be rather stupid.

Beyond stupid, actually, into outright facepalm. IMO.

In short, Max? Shut up and let Josh self analyze.
Josh. Shut up and let Max psychoanalyze. It's all in good fun.

I just went and bought Skyward Sword yesterday. It's not as good as I'd hoped. The controls aren't very tight, they give you more health to make up for it, and it's just not as super fun as the old ones were. I might change my mind as I get farther in though.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 07:47:31 pm by zchris13 »
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44905 on: March 20, 2012, 07:45:27 pm »

I'm breaking this combo of silliness.

Be nice people.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44906 on: March 20, 2012, 07:50:35 pm »

I have in fact spoken to multiple professionals who have diagnosed me as a rather complicated person, so no, I don't think an archetype is going to apply to me very easily.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44907 on: March 20, 2012, 07:51:58 pm »

You don't need a doctor to diagnose anyone as "complicated," heh. That's a given for pretty much everyone~

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #44908 on: March 20, 2012, 07:54:39 pm »

Skyward Sword needs more puzzles  :|
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44909 on: March 20, 2012, 09:00:06 pm »

I'm feeling pretty alone right now. I mean, I'm a freshman and whatever, and freshmen don't date up and every girl in my class is obsessed with the idea of getting into the prom (there are only so many available juniors.... I wonder who will be left crying) it sickens me. Dating for status is about as bad as trying to play women. That and I'm kind of pissed because that irritating junior who's in my Geometry class got mad when I said she'd be a senior in Algebra II, which was a fact. She totally overreacted, and it's obvious she's overly insecure. It doesn't help that one of the Sophmorons thinks it's funny to tag along with whatever other bad stuff people like to say to me, however stupid it might be. I've pretty much learned to completely tune people out now in whatever I'm doing, and I'm getting the feeling that being denied a reaction is more frustrating than being verbally attacked and having others laugh at you. Imagine someone refusing to acknowledge what you say, for the whole time you attempt to talk to them. Irritating, isn't it?
Pages: 1 ... 2992 2993 [2994] 2995 2996 ... 8167