Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2982 2983 [2984] 2985 2986 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443702 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #44745 on: March 17, 2012, 03:41:00 am »

This thread is making me want to go hug my kitty. He wouldn't like it though.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #44746 on: March 17, 2012, 03:50:28 am »

You all... you all seem so lucky. Sounding like only lost one or two dogs you were close to.

Have lost over dozen in life time, I think, with similar number of cats. Have buried two dogs m'self (which, let me tell you, skirting heat stroke when emotionally distressed does nothing to help situation), and two cats. Had one dog die with me beside her (simple old age); two cats (One snakebit -- watching an animal die to neurotoxin is pretty fucking horrible. Just sayin'. Other kitten, just didn't make it. May have been multiple of those, actually.). Day woke up to kitten bits spread around living room was particularly horrible; almost killed dog that did it with bare hands :-\ Wasn't really dog's fault, t'be honest, but we got rid of dog shortly after.

Most kicked it to cars. Still cannot express emotional reaction to that without vulgarity. Incidentally one of the other reasons I have a frothing hatred for people who speed through residential areas.

Anyway, down of the day. Too many lost pets. Dogs, cats, birds, fish, turtles, rabbit, chicken (Oh gods... that last two :'( They did not go prettily.). Not even carelessness that causes it all, it just... happens, and then bad luck of having some fucking bastard going 70 through 35 zone not looking where going. Good thing there's not many kids on my street, I guess :-\

Or ants eat them alive or they run under a running lawnmower or something. Poor chicken. Poor rabbit. Such a mess... wish was joking. Not joking.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44747 on: March 17, 2012, 04:01:38 am »

Moral of the story?

It may sound cold, but don't get so many pets.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #44748 on: March 17, 2012, 04:06:25 am »

Children make the best pets. You usually die before they do, and they're so fun to mess with.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44749 on: March 17, 2012, 04:07:35 am »

Children make the best pets. You usually die before they do, and they're so fun to mess with.

I'd say so. I'm only 20 and hence don't want to have kids for at least ten years yet, but I've got lots of little cousins who are still quite young.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44750 on: March 17, 2012, 04:09:08 am »

I... don't like kids. Like, at all. :/
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44751 on: March 17, 2012, 04:10:49 am »

Each to their own, Descan!

Some don't, some do.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #44752 on: March 17, 2012, 04:13:23 am »

You could always fire up Black and White and mess with the creatures. They're kind of child-like, they don't die (Permanently), and you don't have to clean up the mess, either!

At least, not if you don't want to.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #44753 on: March 17, 2012, 04:15:39 am »

Well. My dog just died today, at 1:30 AM. Despite the rain, me and my family manged to bury him.

I have an emptiness inside.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #44754 on: March 17, 2012, 04:17:24 am »

Moral of the story?

It may sound cold, but don't get so many pets.
Executive decision, not my own, and many of the cats were strays of varying stripes or descendants of older cats (getting cat fixed is expensive, bluh.). I've personally chosen, captured, and housebroke one animal, and it was ultimately lost (after a year or two) when other domicile resident let it run off while I was living elsewhere for a bit :-\

I do miss You, she was a beautiful black cat and very loving once fixed of being feral. Would sleep on top of me. Caused some trouble with breathing, but very warm.

Condolences Phantom. The emptiness will pass, eventually. Mostly.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #44755 on: March 17, 2012, 04:51:27 am »

It won't ever go away, you'll just forget it's there. Then something will make you remember and you'll be sad forever all over again.  :'|
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44756 on: March 17, 2012, 05:47:08 am »

Oh great and now the bakery's not selling chocolate rolls because pretzels.

The day's started with a fantuckingfastic start.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #44757 on: March 17, 2012, 05:51:54 am »

It won't ever go away, you'll just forget it's there. Then something will make you remember and you'll be sad forever all over again.  :'|

:'|

Rest in peace, my little kitties.
Love, scriver~

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44758 on: March 17, 2012, 09:51:42 am »

The family dog had to be put down earlier this year for quality of life reasons after 13 years. Pancreatic cancer the vet said was the most likely culprit, we knew she'd been having a lot of pain lately and she just wasn't herself. I think of her every time someone drops food on the floor, and she doesn't rush over to try to eat it. ._.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44759 on: March 17, 2012, 02:02:09 pm »

SO I had a really awesome game of Dungeons of Dredmore going. Had a pyromancer with leylines and blood magic that had four mastered skills and was completely demolishing the dungeon. I was on about floor 10, game crashes. Goddamnit. That's the most bullshit way for a game to end.

I do have a question for anyone that might have the answer. I was fireball spamming into a monster zoo, and all of a sudden I level up three times in a row. Like, you leveled up! Pick a skill. You leveled up! Pick a skill. You leveled up! Pick a skill. Back to back. I don't think there's anything in the game that gives that much experience, but I'm not sure... is there?
Pages: 1 ... 2982 2983 [2984] 2985 2986 ... 8167