Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2976 2977 [2978] 2979 2980 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9447352 times)

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #44655 on: March 15, 2012, 03:23:04 pm »

Truean's day so far:
Shall I give manager and manager's supervisor a free lesson in banking law, how to do their jobs, why they just lost a large account, the legal liability they've just exposed themselves to, and all in elegantly poisoned words?

THIS do this.
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44656 on: March 15, 2012, 03:38:00 pm »

Dreamweaver is the best, but sadly it costs insane amounts of money for personal use.
It really isn't. It's decent if you don't really know what you are doing and want its WYSIWIG editor, but if you do know your way around website creation, you're just as well off using Notepad++ and doing it with text. The w3schools website is really all that is necessary to do website creation (and maybe a few others if you get really fancy with databases or something). http://www.w3schools.com/

There's also these I heard about, though I haven't tried them myself:
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/

I used to do websites by hand and know it pretty well, but I find it much easier to use with Dreamweaver to create a website. The Div Tags and CSS stuff all goes much faster with the drop down-lists and such, and there are some interesting extra things that are in there that make it good too (The Spry Menus can be fun...) 

I suppose it's different depending on how you are, for sure it's doable with a word editor and documentation, but it's much faster for me, and doable with little-no experience (as the quoted person said they had).
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44657 on: March 15, 2012, 03:43:33 pm »

notepad++ is a lot more than a "word editor" - it's got code highlighting and code completion as well.

And you can write stuff in HAML which is like fucktons easier than HTML, and Dreamweaver can only do HTML.

On the other hand, you still need to know how a website fits together, and Dreamweaver is... acceptable if you don't. It's templating system, while vastly inferior to learning how to use "php include" is still pretty decent, especially for those who don't want to learn how to use "php include". Or for those who have servers that don't support PHP. (Do those exist nowadays though?)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #44658 on: March 15, 2012, 03:44:09 pm »

Still waiting for the interview results :/
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44659 on: March 15, 2012, 03:51:39 pm »

notepad++ is a lot more than a "word editor" - it's got code highlighting and code completion as well.

And you can write stuff in HAML which is like fucktons easier than HTML, and Dreamweaver can only do HTML.

On the other hand, you still need to know how a website fits together, and Dreamweaver is... acceptable if you don't. It's templating system, while vastly inferior to learning how to use "php include" is still pretty decent, especially for those who don't want to learn how to use "php include". Or for those who have servers that don't support PHP. (Do those exist nowadays though?)

That HAML thing looks amazing and something I should've known that existed. You'd have to press those awkward < and > keys like..never! It's amazing!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44660 on: March 15, 2012, 03:52:40 pm »

You never have to worry about closing tags either, and it enforces the writing of readable documents.

There's PHP and Ruby versions that I know about.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 03:57:38 pm by GlyphGryph »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #44661 on: March 15, 2012, 03:59:35 pm »

Looking at trading in my PS2 and assorted games and peripherals. Realized I've had this thing for 12 years now. Gonna miss that little black box.

You were my first DVD player, my outlet for making my favorite football team when they couldn't win for shit in RL, my dance machine, my outlet for being a guitar hero.

You let my wife and I bond over countless hours of Gauntlet: Dark Legacy, you let us roll up the world with our Katamaris, and you let us derive entirely too much enjoyment from carjacking someone so we could go commit a drive-by on the streets of Liberty City.

Sayonara, old friend.

Can I be interested in what games you're throwing into the wind?
I already liquidated most of my PS2 library a couple of years ago when I was laid-off and we needed the money. Off the top of my head, we still have:

DDRMAX
DDRMAX2
In The Groove
Guitar Hero 1, 2 and 3
Gauntlet: Dark Legacy
Katamari Damacy
We ♥ Katamari
maybe a couple of others that I'm forgetting.

The Katamari ones will be the hardest to part with...so much damn silly fun.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44662 on: March 15, 2012, 04:03:27 pm »

Looking at trading in my PS2 and assorted games and peripherals. Realized I've had this thing for 12 years now. Gonna miss that little black box.

You were my first DVD player, my outlet for making my favorite football team when they couldn't win for shit in RL, my dance machine, my outlet for being a guitar hero.

You let my wife and I bond over countless hours of Gauntlet: Dark Legacy, you let us roll up the world with our Katamaris, and you let us derive entirely too much enjoyment from carjacking someone so we could go commit a drive-by on the streets of Liberty City.

Sayonara, old friend.

Can I be interested in what games you're throwing into the wind?
I already liquidated most of my PS2 library a couple of years ago when I was laid-off and we needed the money. Off the top of my head, we still have:

DDRMAX
DDRMAX2
In The Groove
Guitar Hero 1, 2 and 3
Gauntlet: Dark Legacy
Katamari Damacy
We ♥ Katamari
maybe a couple of others that I'm forgetting.

The Katamari ones will be the hardest to part with...so much damn silly fun.

I see, I'm something of a collector, so I just wanted to know if you had anything particularly rare I could take off your hands, for a fair price of course. You'd be amazed at the incredible finds that people part with.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44663 on: March 15, 2012, 04:35:22 pm »

Hi Tornado! See you guys later.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #44664 on: March 15, 2012, 04:39:27 pm »

D:  Be safe!  Don't get too close!

I applied to a job recently... they haven't called back :(  It's a nice outdoor plant nursery.  It's either that for another stuffy fast food joint :/

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #44665 on: March 15, 2012, 04:43:11 pm »

Damned rain. Now I have to wait until it stops to build my oven.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44666 on: March 15, 2012, 06:07:02 pm »

I know this isn't the rage thread, but I don't care, I need to vent at internet strangers who don't care about my first world problems

I play what had to be the worse game ever. The guy I get partnered with would not shut up, calling me a noob and all that normal crap. Normally that wouldn't bug me but then I get caught and killed when I was telling him to shut it. It gets worse from there, as our whole team gets steam rolled, the guy still yammering away and blaming me. But I can't prove him wrong, because I'm behind everyone else and keep dying, and there was nothing I could do. Eventually, I just rage quit. Yes. It's childish and I promised to never do that. But I did it anyway. Because I was about to snap my keyboard in half and just how angry I was getting at a stupid game. I just want to erase the game from my computer and never play it again. And I never get this mad, and it's over a game.

I think I need to distance myself from team games for a while...

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #44667 on: March 15, 2012, 06:14:20 pm »

/ignore equivalents are the best thing ever made ever. Just sayin'. It can help.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44668 on: March 15, 2012, 06:17:04 pm »

What game was it?

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44669 on: March 15, 2012, 06:20:36 pm »

Eventually, I just rage quit. Yes. It's childish and I promised to never do that. But I did it anyway.

It is hardly childish to quit a game when you are playing beside cretins with a monosyllabic vocabulary. One wonders why they do not drive themselves mad with their overuse of words like “noob” and “gay”.
Pages: 1 ... 2976 2977 [2978] 2979 2980 ... 8167