Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2947 2948 [2949] 2950 2951 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9437848 times)

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #44220 on: March 05, 2012, 07:02:21 pm »

I'm still trying to get to the third.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44221 on: March 05, 2012, 07:03:24 pm »

Yeah I think I might skip that one entirely.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44222 on: March 05, 2012, 07:03:40 pm »

And deep down I resent that society expects relationships to be so important.

Me too. 
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44223 on: March 05, 2012, 07:04:59 pm »

There's something really important I've been needing to do for the last, what, four days now? I look at the task though, and every fiber of my being just doesn't want to do it. I know it's really important! I sat at my computer all this morning, just staring at my computer, waiting for something to 'click' and I'd jump into action and do it. However, all that time is spent waffling over how pathetic I am.

Then I just gave up, wanting to sooth how pathetic I feel with some base distraction. Guess I just gave up on myself for today too.

Holy crap, do I know that feeling.  I have lately gotten into a swing of doing things that I enjoy, and being downright eager to expend significant effort on them.  Interest does have a lot to do with it, but I often find things that I even do really want to do sitting undone, mostly because of paralysis by indecision.

I wouldn't worry overly much about conditions or whatever, but I honestly don't have any real advice for you.  Just sympathy I guess.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44224 on: March 05, 2012, 07:21:23 pm »

That's basically the definition of procrastination, at its root. I try to channel that aversion to doing that one important thing, and the energy I have to nevertheless do something, and put it toward another project that needs doing. It generally works, and keeps me rather productive despite a serious procrastination streak.

EDIT:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And deep down I resent that society expects relationships to be so important. I'm also angry at myself for being so lonely, and having my feelings dominated by the thought that no one gives a shit about me, validating the need for relationships of any kind.

Guess I'm just not getting to the fourth rung any time soon. Time to go wallow in my squalor some more.

Interpersonal relationships and acceptance really -are- vital to human psychological wellbeing. Heck, if I'm not mistaken it's why you're here right now, writing to us; to fulfill your need to have your problems understood, and find company in your troubles. We're social creatures, wired in innumerable ways to coexist with, to provide for, and to rely on others around us.

As for Maslow's, I'm usually working on fulfilling 2, though I get my share of 3-5 where I can.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 07:32:13 pm by Solifuge »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44225 on: March 05, 2012, 09:21:07 pm »

I've... got that whole pyramid. Down pat.

And yet I've still spent 30 of the last 40 days unbearably miserable.

I think I need to add an extra rung to that pyramid right there, we can call it "lithium". Mmmmm....

(I'm currently in the midst of a very mellow "up", and it's pretty amazing, actually.) So really I'm more in this thread because of an immediate disappointment.

So, onto the bad news, and reason I'm in this thread:

Date number three in the last week (with different people), and it didn't go particularly well either. I did not succeed at putting her at ease, and she grew increasingly awkward throughout the evening until I just ended things. We departed with... a handshake. Ok. Well. Bluh. She said she might be open to a game of Dominion sometime though. We'll see. I'm a sucker for that game... girl could lead me around for months promising it. I don't think I'm EVER going to get past my first date at this rate.

So I decided, screw it, I'm just gonna fuck the guy I met last week, but the wife vetoed it, saying I'm clearly not interested in him enough. And I'm really really not, I'm just tired of being disappointed and want to move on to the next step, damn it. When did I started being the one not interested in the other person on a date? What the hell? :/ Of course the one girl I was interested in has basically stopped talking to me. But maybe this is the way it works for most people? I've never really done the dating thing properly before, so I don't know. You either don't hit it off with the other person, or they don't hit it off with you, and you've got no real idea what either party is doing wrong? Why am I subjecting myself to this again? Oh yeah, crushing loneliness, and the fact that this is literally the only way I know how to meet people.

And I'm a pretty hardcore introvert, so it's all so much god-damn work. People are just so unbelievably draining it's not even funny.

At least the tea was delicious.
* GlyphGryph falls asleep.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 09:23:53 pm by GlyphGryph »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44226 on: March 05, 2012, 09:41:38 pm »

His wife, or your wife?

My mind is full of confusion. Tad hypocritical but there it is. <3

Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44227 on: March 05, 2012, 09:45:57 pm »

My wife. I don't think he's married. I'm pretty sure he's not married. :P

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44228 on: March 05, 2012, 09:47:33 pm »

So you're married and you're going on dates?

:o

Hawt. Why, though? :3
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #44229 on: March 05, 2012, 09:53:19 pm »

Interview tomorrow
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44230 on: March 05, 2012, 10:06:01 pm »

The movie I made my avatar from is sad and grim as hell, but its pretty awesome regardless, as with every other Ingmar Bergman movie.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44231 on: March 05, 2012, 10:10:31 pm »

Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44232 on: March 05, 2012, 10:11:44 pm »

Clearly you have never had an interview...

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44233 on: March 05, 2012, 10:15:32 pm »

Yep. That belongs here.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44234 on: March 05, 2012, 10:16:37 pm »

100% serious here, Joshua.
There's something really important I've been needing to do for the last, what, four days now? I look at the task though, and every fiber of my being just doesn't want to do it. I know it's really important! I sat at my computer all this morning, just staring at my computer, waiting for something to 'click' and I'd jump into action and do it.
Have you asked a doctor/been diagnosed with ADHD and/or depression?

In all technicality, I have been diagnosed with depression, but doctors are much too unreliable, they don't see the entire picture. They can't see that I'm depressed because I live a depressing place. A depressing place situated around people I really don't want to befriend, in a trailer park, in the middle of barren farmland, miles away from real opportunity, and I'm without my own transportation, and completely without the ability to get transportation. All this, perpetuated by a people's I can barely relate with and care little for me or the future.
Pages: 1 ... 2947 2948 [2949] 2950 2951 ... 8167