Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2918 2919 [2920] 2921 2922 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9455380 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #43785 on: February 23, 2012, 06:20:26 pm »

Noooo I picked the wrong choice and now I have a romantic relationship instead of a platonic one.

Dammit.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43786 on: February 23, 2012, 06:22:31 pm »

Are we talking about a game or real life?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43787 on: February 23, 2012, 06:23:12 pm »

Are we talking about a game or real life?
That would imply that the latter wasn't the former.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43788 on: February 23, 2012, 06:25:34 pm »

You think this is a game? You think you can just do what ever you want and then hit the reset button when it all goes to shit? Those are real people out there, and they are depending on you to make the right choices. If you can't do that, you should just walk away now before more people get hurt...

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43789 on: February 23, 2012, 06:27:35 pm »

Noooo I picked the wrong choice and now I have a romantic relationship instead of a platonic one.

Dammit.

Is that a bad thing? Just run with it, Darvi. :P

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43790 on: February 23, 2012, 06:29:20 pm »

Considering that reloading would mean redoing the entire week, I don't really have much of a choice.

Well, there's breaking the link, but my inner completionist doesn't want to do that.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #43791 on: February 23, 2012, 06:46:22 pm »

... Headache inducing magistrate is headache inducing....

The contract the credit card company is suing over is so blurry that you literally can't read it. I'm not joking, the "Credit Card Agreement," is blurry as hell. They're suing over breach of contract "not paying ze credit card...."

The magistrate is basically hinting that I need to do discovery to request a clean copy. Why? How do you not know that you have to make your god damn contract readable to win? Do I have to hold your freaking hand O bank? You're a multi million dollar bank.... How do you not know this.

I wonder what she's gonna do when I just show up there not having done this and I'm like "this violates best evidence rule and is inadmissible, without a contract, you don't have a case." I mean WTF is this? It is not my job to do this. I can't imagine having to hold the prosecution's hand like this in a criminal case. Why must I in a civil one? How the hell does it fall to me to tell opposing counsel that his head is firmly up his butt and that he should fix his evidence so he doesn't lose? I have a feeling she's going to try to hold me in contempt, which is BS.

I shouldn't have to deal with this. Why? I'm up against a huge bank over this stupid credit card thing. It's not bad enough they get to draft the contract, make them horrible for customers, and give them no chance to change it, but now they march into court with unreadable blurs? How the crap am I supposed to read, much less defend against that? You're a multi million dollar bank. You can't keep readable records? This is OK somehow? Really?

[head, desk]

Contempt: jail for a short period of time? Shit. I dunno whether to hope for a small jail cell to myself or to be put in with other potential clients prisoners. Hum, I could use the business.... So would that be so bad...?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 07:00:06 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43792 on: February 23, 2012, 06:48:33 pm »

Considering that reloading would mean redoing the entire week, I don't really have much of a choice.

Well, there's breaking the link, but my inner completionist doesn't want to do that.

The only thing that bothers me about the completionist mindset is the fact that it's a single mistake that is the failure condition, rather than something that actually endangers your game character.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43793 on: February 23, 2012, 06:53:40 pm »

And that is why I never want to be a lawyer.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #43794 on: February 23, 2012, 06:54:34 pm »

And that is why I never want to be a lawyer.

You are the smartest man on this forum for saying this.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43795 on: February 23, 2012, 07:04:08 pm »

I would never become a lawyer, although I wanted to at one point. I would make a terrible lawyer, in that I don't like to argue, I like to fight. I don't think that would go over well in the courtroom, no matter how spiky I made my hair, or how loud I yelled "Objection!!!".

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43796 on: February 23, 2012, 07:06:34 pm »

Object first, figure out why second, because law!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43797 on: February 23, 2012, 07:08:02 pm »

I missed a volunteer shift I signed up for because I clicked the wrong date. I feel like a horrible person and now I have to make multiple phone calls. :-( And the phone message I left with the supervisor of this program didn't even say sorry, phone message machines freak me out.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #43798 on: February 23, 2012, 07:15:03 pm »

The Tree of Life.

It's a nice movie, a bit tedious at certain parts but very striking. The part that made me sad was the childhood one, almost all of it made me realize how long I haven't done certain things and just how much I miss doing those things. Now this might be because it's winter and it would be hard to find a lawn with a sprinkler let alone run trough it, but the thing is, I don't rember doing this last summer either, or the one before that, or the one before.

When the hell did I forget how to be a child, why did I forget that, I still play with kids, I still am a big kid, but I feel I lose a bit of that each day, and I don't want that happening, I can't allow that to happen, but I have no idea how to stop it right now :/
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #43799 on: February 23, 2012, 07:20:37 pm »

This entire day my internet has been spotty as hell, also my 'm' key is already screwing up.  Nooooo
Pages: 1 ... 2918 2919 [2920] 2921 2922 ... 8167