Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2893 2894 [2895] 2896 2897 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9452546 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #43410 on: February 16, 2012, 06:57:16 pm »

Loneliness.

I have to change even more.  I can't remain like this.

My gf always says, you can never be lonely when you have the internet  ;D

It definitely helps with coping, but it doesn't change feelings of disconnectedness from the immediate world around you.
Yeah. For that, there is only change. Whether it's changing yourself to be content with the disconnect, changing yourself to connect more deeply, or changing your surroundings to connect with you better, something's gotta happen. And none of them is an easy choice, or easy to carry out after deciding. Good luck, Vector.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43411 on: February 16, 2012, 07:10:53 pm »

Loneliness.

Maybe this can cheer you up?
Code: [Select]
|-1 0  0 |
|0  -1 0 |
|0  0  -1|
:P

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43412 on: February 16, 2012, 07:11:36 pm »

Loneliness.

Maybe this can cheer you up?
Code: [Select]
|-1 0  0 |
|0  -1 0 |
|0  0  -1|
:P

Man now I want to know what this is.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43413 on: February 16, 2012, 07:12:37 pm »

Negative identity matrix. Turns a down(ward) vector into an up(ward) one.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43414 on: February 16, 2012, 07:15:48 pm »

That was chuckle/groan worthy  :D
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43415 on: February 16, 2012, 07:45:57 pm »

Loneliness.

Pfft im free all night chat me up anytime, im more bored than my core sample :P

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43416 on: February 16, 2012, 10:52:58 pm »

Time! Time moves SO FAST! I have no idea what's up. Every time I look at the clock, it's an hour later.

This is screwing me up so bad, how can I lose grasp of time like this. I put something off for just a minute, and bam, it's three hours later. I catch myself just forgetting what I'm doing and just standing in one spot for five-ten minutes at at time. Having a sedentary life is screwing me up so much.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43417 on: February 16, 2012, 11:16:12 pm »

I am feeling some ‼DERP-PRESSION‼ Y U SO SAD, LITTLE BEAR MAN!?

I is derpressed.  :-\

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #43418 on: February 16, 2012, 11:37:00 pm »

Forgot my laundry due to the Witcher. It still needs its second dryer cycle, but somebody else who's less stupid-forgetful appears to have seized the dryer in the meantime, and so I must wait for them to finish. Meanwhile, my clothes are piled atop it.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43419 on: February 16, 2012, 11:53:16 pm »

You know you're miserable when, for your half-hour break, you go up to your room to do homework from a different class.

I have an exam and a problem set due tomorrow, and I've run out of clean clothes, and I may be getting sick, and I have another set due on Tuesday.  I hate my life.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #43420 on: February 16, 2012, 11:58:56 pm »

*mails Vector a pie, to restore her Vitality, and a jug of milk, to restore her Endurance*

That's how health care works, right?

Good luck, though. Rotten time to get sick, so I hope it's just a random day with a few symptoms instead of something more long-term or distracting.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #43421 on: February 17, 2012, 12:00:54 am »

... few too many classes? Maybe go with one or two less next semester? Even classes that aren't difficult can be time consuming and if you load up, the stress will get to you.

But yeah, charge on through. Should have spring break coming up... what, few weeks? Some down time there if you keep up with everything.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43422 on: February 17, 2012, 12:04:45 am »

I'm taking what's basically the minimum in my department.  I got behind due to lingering depression and some very poorly timed birthday/class change issues.  Now I'm working my ass off and am miserable, because I just want to not be behind anymore.  I don't have to program during my break, but it's the only thing that will cut the stress (more work).

As for what I have, it's probably the flu, and I'm probably going to enjoy that during tonight's all-nighter and this weekend's attempt to finish my complex analysis homework :D

Hahahahhahahaha~
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #43423 on: February 17, 2012, 12:20:33 am »

Ah, sickness and high-ish level cognition. With any luck, you'll start hallucinating enough to make things fun but not enough to stop you. Remember to add a sickness disclaimer and minor apology for any particularly hilarious flawed work; it probably won't affect the grade to the better, but it's polite and occasionally nets a chance to correct mistakes. Many is the apology I've attached to assignments.

And laughing is good. Maniacal laughter is better, but disturbs any roommates/neighbors... unfortunately. It's very cathartic.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43424 on: February 17, 2012, 12:24:27 am »

I think this computer is in its dying throes. It's all slow and stuff now. Farewell, sweet computer of 5 years ago. Or maybe it was 10? Between 5 and 10 anyway.

..given, I know nearly nothing about computers, so it's probably not dying just yet, just feels like it is.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."
Pages: 1 ... 2893 2894 [2895] 2896 2897 ... 8167