Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2884 2885 [2886] 2887 2888 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9426381 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #43275 on: February 13, 2012, 10:21:33 am »

Sounds like we've all got the winter blahs. Well, except for the Aussie contingent. Y'all got no excuse--it's summer, and you live in Crazyawesomesubcontinentia.  :P

It was 23F again this morning, and now I've got the creeping crud building up in my sinuses and throat. Yays.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #43276 on: February 13, 2012, 11:04:15 am »

When I become Pope, I'm going to relocate St. Valentine's Day so that it isn't in the most depressing, darkest, coldest part of the year.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43277 on: February 13, 2012, 01:51:45 pm »

Thing that made me sad today; that I don't use the thing that made me happy today thread more :(

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #43278 on: February 13, 2012, 03:30:12 pm »

Desperately want to go dancing but there isn't any clubs that play the music I like nearby, I haven't anyone to go with, and I have work tonight.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43279 on: February 13, 2012, 04:04:58 pm »

I normally don't feel very lonely, but holy shit did my forever alone meter spike this evening.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #43280 on: February 13, 2012, 04:31:45 pm »

Sounds like we've all got the winter blahs.

Don't understand you people.  I love winter.  I don't enjoy the dry skin or soar throats or holidays, but I do love cold and snow and grey dreariness and reduced amounts of people out causing trouble or getting in my way.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43281 on: February 13, 2012, 04:38:27 pm »

I normally enjoy the winter (or at least, I don't get depressed because of it), but I got totally drenched today while shopping. Twice.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43282 on: February 13, 2012, 04:50:38 pm »

I love the winter. Pity it's summer here.

Extreme UV Alert, Total Fire Ban today.

Looks like I won't be going outside without a lot of protection today.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #43283 on: February 13, 2012, 05:03:15 pm »

All of what I have read is roleplay, I don't know how it got to that point though. Today when I looked there was a page or so of creepy sexual innuendo going on between what sounded like child characters (foals?), when I looked last time one of them had just given birth, and when I first stumbled into it there was more sexual innuendo...

I can't pinpoint what exactly it is that creeps me out, it might be that intense roleplay is a little creepy to me in general, it might be that a lot of this seems to be of a sexual nature, it might be because I had a great deal of trouble disconnecting the apparently erotic nature of the thread from my mental image of the individual forumites who were writing it, or it might be that all of the characters are miniature, coloured horses, who appear to be underage (if pony's have this concept), one of whom had a wing-erection in the posts I read today.

Probably a combination.
Not actually applying to ponies in my case but rather in general, but it sorta bugs me in this sense that whenever I engage any long running public role play, they almost always seem to eventually grind down to something like this.
I'm not one to be criticizing other people's role play strategies, but this is one of the main things that prevents me from staying with it throughout. And I honestly have no idea how to influence that momentum, so
Maybe long running role plays aren't my thing?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #43284 on: February 13, 2012, 05:09:11 pm »

That kind of thing is why I don't associate with "fandoms."  Even at its most benign when everyone's friendly and having fun you know there's a soundproof room in the basement where unseemly things happen.  I don't want to go anywhere near that room.
Shoes...

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #43285 on: February 13, 2012, 05:42:51 pm »

That kind of thing is why I don't associate with "fandoms."  Even at its most benign when everyone's friendly and having fun you know there's a soundproof room in the basement where unseemly things happen.  I don't want to go anywhere near that room.
Well, you see, I'm not even talking about fandoms or anything like that. I'm talking about roleplays specifically, independent of whether a fandom is involved or not.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43286 on: February 13, 2012, 07:16:06 pm »

I completely forgot about Valentines day.

Oh well.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43287 on: February 13, 2012, 07:18:17 pm »

I just ate an unknown fruit covered in black chocolate. I'm usually way pickier than that.

Damn, I really am craving sugar.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #43288 on: February 13, 2012, 07:22:08 pm »

Sounds like we've all got the winter blahs. Well, except for the Aussie contingent. Y'all got no excuse--it's summer, and you live in Crazyawesomesubcontinentia.  :P

It's Japa living in Crazyawesomesubcontinentia; we have a whole goddamn continent, thank you very much.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43289 on: February 13, 2012, 09:12:12 pm »

Man, fuck insomnia. It's 3:13AM now and I've been tossing and turning in bed since 11:00PM, with no sign of impending sleep materialising. I have shit to do today and I was even hoping to return to a normal schedule for once, but looks like both of those things will be out of reach now.

Hell, if I had known about this I could've at least put the past 4hrs toward something productive, but noooo, that'd actually be a good thing, so I've got to lie here instead begging for a figurative fucking bone from my own damn ass-up broken circadian rhythm.

Fuck you, body.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 09:13:43 pm by lordnincompoop »
Pages: 1 ... 2884 2885 [2886] 2887 2888 ... 8167