Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2882 2883 [2884] 2885 2886 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9424252 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #43245 on: February 11, 2012, 08:34:00 pm »

I was messing with my newly rooted Android tablet, trying to change one image in the theme.

I accidentally formated the entire thing...Oh well, that's why I have a catch-all backup.
Oh, it also messed up the backup from the SD card somehow? Well, at least I have my separate backup of all my apps!
...They aren't there >_> (I am pretty sure that the app that backed up all the apps was confused..the tablet does weird things and makes some apps put things on the internal storage when they are supposed to be on the SD card).

So now I have an empty (but luckily rooted) Android tablet.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43246 on: February 11, 2012, 08:34:52 pm »

That name... almost sounds familiar. Who is that, again?
A fairly notable singer. Here's an article on her unexpected death. Such a shame that she died.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #43247 on: February 11, 2012, 10:14:02 pm »

Tried to talk to a friend about something.  He doesn't want to talk about it and logged off the net after I asked about it.  I'm slightly annoyed and sad.  :/  I hate it when people can't just say "not right now sorry, let's talk about something else" and then I have to stew in my guilty conscience for days until they get back to me.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #43248 on: February 11, 2012, 11:53:20 pm »

Well an attempt to keep myself entertained really backfired. Instead of making me feel better and letting me have fun, playing borderlands on one of my older characters just made me miss my friends who can't be here more.

Welp. That's definitely a downside to the game. Not the kind of feelings I wanted to take with me off to do the dishes.

On the plus side I found an awesome shotgun I wanna swap over to my main at least.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43249 on: February 12, 2012, 02:56:32 am »

so, first of all I was supposed to be going to cali this week, by my friend who is giving me a ride had to go to England because her dad died.
secondly, after finding out I'm going to be in town for another 2 weeks or so I decided to ask this girl if she wants to hang out sometime because she just turned 18 and posted a good looking picture of herself on facebook,
So I ask her to hang out out and she says yes, and says she liked me for a while but asked me why I decided to ask her out.
So I tell her because I found out I'm going to be in town for another 2 weeks, you just turned 18 and look really good in that last photo.
and that made her change her mind, and "I'm not interested in being used, but thanks."
so I scrambled to my feet and said some stuff.
her response
"Idk.. I'll think about it. just, I like you, but you're leaving. And I suppose we might be able to hang out as friends."
I originally meant just hanging out as friends, but that let me know she had something else in mind.

but I guess she is right, I am moving out of state soon, and it would be messed up on my part to make this girl fall for me just to have to leave her shortly afterwards.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 03:34:23 am by Valid_Dark »
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43250 on: February 12, 2012, 03:17:21 am »

... Dude, what did you think she'd think if you went "I want to hang out with you because you are now legal and hot?"
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43251 on: February 12, 2012, 03:37:08 am »

:-\

I guess you're right, I'm pretty dumb.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43252 on: February 12, 2012, 03:40:39 am »

Nah, you just made a mistake.  I've made lots of mistakes like that one, trust me >_>

'M sad today because I'm tired and I want to keep working.  There's so much exciting stuff to do...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43253 on: February 12, 2012, 03:43:00 am »

I'm not here for very long, so we can't form any meaningful relationship, but you are old enough and good looking.

Sorry man but... I kind of agree with her. If you aren't in it for the romance, you are doing it wrong.
Anyway, you aren't dumb, you are human, we make mistakes, the worst of them being the way we treat other people. Dumb would be taking things too far when she said no. You got rejected, and took it like a real man, nothing dumb about it. Just try to see things from her perspective next time.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43254 on: February 12, 2012, 03:49:30 am »

I guess you're right,  it's just I knew she had a crush on me back when I was a dj, we met at an event, but back then I was engaged and she was 16.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43255 on: February 12, 2012, 06:00:46 am »

Work tonight is going to suck considering I can't sleep. Didn't realize I had been laying down so long until I looked at the clock and saw I had been laying in bed for three hours with nary a wink of sleep.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #43256 on: February 12, 2012, 07:07:40 am »

Jesus H. Frosty Christ it's cold this morning....

22F / -5.5C does not a happy Southerner make.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43257 on: February 12, 2012, 07:45:15 am »

Huh, its as cold as it is all the way up in Michigan too!

So glad I live in the middle of a bunch of temperature-regulating lakes, or else it might be -5 here too. Makes me colder just thinking about it.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43258 on: February 12, 2012, 07:46:22 am »

That's Fahrenheit innit?

Shit that's cold.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43259 on: February 12, 2012, 07:48:15 am »

Yeah... for reference, -5`F is about -20`C.
Pages: 1 ... 2882 2883 [2884] 2885 2886 ... 8167