Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2849 2850 [2851] 2852 2853 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9427999 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #42750 on: January 31, 2012, 03:17:36 pm »

Urgh. The way my life feels now is just depression. I cannot bear to be close to anyone I know in the 6th form, Homophobic words used by pretty much everyone who I go to class with, I'm worried about my future, and everything is just sinking into depression. Its a crushing from the inside feeling, and I know that while it is going to pass in the future at some time, now I just wait for the days to end. Even if my mood inproves while I'm at home, it gets broken when I return to school, all because of the same people.

I don't know what I want in regards to this situation.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #42751 on: January 31, 2012, 03:18:32 pm »

I can't swim either. I'd like to be able to but I'm too embarrassed to learn. I always figured it was partly down to having almost no fat. When I was little I learned to swim on my back but last time I tried I couldn't even do that. Always thought everyone could swim but me but I keep meeting people who can't.

Had another extremely vivid weird dream last night. It was mostly about going to a new school or something with a handful of people I know. There were also strange creatures there who were just blobs with patterns on them who were fellow students. I shared a room with an old friend but she looked very different. We played some virtual world fantasy games together. She ended up staying in another room which upset me. Then for some reason it was from her perspective and there was some love interest a member of staff (a guard knight) which got them into trouble. Then it turned into an episode of Aeon Flux with lots of acrobatics and running away from people. I woke up feeling really sad about it for some reason.

Vattic, I am fairly sure you'll find what is right for you with or without that job. Your granddad has it right.
Thank you for the optimism. If I go back into eduction (which I want) then I'll have to find some foundation course or do something else to get me used to the whole school thing again. Five years without is a long time.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #42752 on: January 31, 2012, 03:58:01 pm »

It's seriously been a while since I woke up feeling this strange mix of emotions I'm feeling right now. And as usual I can't really pinpoint a reason I feel like this at all.

Well there's a few things I know it might be. But that would just be stupid to feel so worked up about so I really do hope it's something different.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42753 on: January 31, 2012, 04:07:04 pm »

: (

one look at the sad thread and it's obvious to me that it's winter right now.

The internet is also bad for talking to people about social problems.

Hardcore winter. Even tho it was mild today, for me.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42754 on: January 31, 2012, 04:09:50 pm »

It's pretty amazing.  I used to think people exaggerated how much effect being fat had on temperature resistance and the ability to float, but they weren't kidding.  I can't stand being cold anymore, whereas I used to think skinny people were just pansies.

Yeah, I know! When having a shower, I used to first turn the heat all the way up so it was almost scalding, stay there for a while, and then suddenly shut off all the hot water and force myself to stand under the cold for as long as possible. It actually felt really nice! But then I tried that a couple of years later, after losing a heap of wait, and it was... Kinda extreme. Pretty sure I screamed in pain. :P

I also can't swim... I think I just never learned, being a lazy kid and all. Attempts at taking 'swimming classes' (with a bunch of toddlers, basically, when I was about 11 or so) were just humiliating. :(
Years later, a heap of practice in my friend's swimming pool means I can more-or-less tread water and paddle a little, but that's it. I don't particularly enjoy swimming anyhow, so meh.

I woke up feeling really sad about it for some reason.
I often have dreams like that, some completely bizarre situation or adventure with someone I haven't seen in years, and they always make me feel kinda sad on waking up. :-\ You should always write your dreams down/type them up, though, so that's good. Keep doing that. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

timotheus

• Bay Watcher
  • New to Dwarf Fortress.. Long time ASCII gamer..
    • View Profile
    • Home
« Reply #42755 on: January 31, 2012, 06:31:13 pm »

I just ate a chocolate bar because I was feeling down, and now I feel better.

And guilty for eating a chocolate bar. :/
twitter: @timotheus
email: tim@hithlonde.com
xmpp: tim@hithlonde.com

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #42756 on: January 31, 2012, 06:41:53 pm »

I just apparently lost two hours thinking about the same issues I brought up last post I made in this topic. Literally lost. It's like those two hours didn't exist.

I really don't know if this means somethings wrong with me or if I'm just wasting my time thinking about bullshit. Whatever it is it's not pleasant or enjoyable.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42757 on: January 31, 2012, 06:45:09 pm »

[latetotheparty]

Hey, guys, I can't swim either! Sucks, doesn't it?

How are we all going to survive on a deserted island if no one can swim?

[/latetotheparty]

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42758 on: January 31, 2012, 06:47:26 pm »

You get the people who can swim to try and get off it. That way you can laugh your arses off while the obligatory sharks eat them.

Oh wait. I'm one of those people. Shit.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #42759 on: January 31, 2012, 07:02:58 pm »

I can actually swim pretty well, for a heavy guy.  I don't have much stamina, but when I go full speed, I fly.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42760 on: January 31, 2012, 07:03:54 pm »

You get the people who can swim to try and get off it. That way you can laugh your arses off while the obligatory sharks eat them.

There will be no sharks. I will punch them all into submission and then eat them.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #42761 on: January 31, 2012, 07:09:11 pm »

Indeed. Why leave the island at all when you can start up a fisticuff harvested sharkfin export industry? Tourist attraction, export business, food supply, and national sport, all in one.

Casualties will keep the population at acceptable levels.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42762 on: January 31, 2012, 07:11:11 pm »

There will be no sharks. I will punch them all into submission and then eat them.
Hey, guys, I can't swim either! Sucks, doesn't it?

Just need those sharks to come onto the dry land and fight you like a real man.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42763 on: January 31, 2012, 07:12:15 pm »

Either that, or I'll learn to store extra air in my chest hair and wade out into their territory. Or something, I don't know.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42764 on: January 31, 2012, 07:18:05 pm »

I'm Australian. We EAT SHARKS LIVE.

I actually swim surprisingly poorly for someone who's lived near the coast more or less my whole life. In a pinch I can swim 100 metres.
Pages: 1 ... 2849 2850 [2851] 2852 2853 ... 8167