Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2787 2788 [2789] 2790 2791 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9429521 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #41820 on: January 07, 2012, 11:23:16 am »

Listened to 'Crazy Chocobo', a song from FFXIII-2's soundtrack.

It was a piece of cacophonic s**t. And the worst part? I can't pry it off my ears.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41821 on: January 07, 2012, 11:51:59 am »

Listened to 'Crazy Chocobo', a song from FFXIII-2's soundtrack.

It was a piece of cacophonic s**t. And the worst part? I can't pry it off my ears.

GONNA RIIIDE’M STRAIGHT THROUGH HELL IN THE CHOCOBO RODEO

That was terrible. Why did you make me see that.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41822 on: January 07, 2012, 11:53:26 am »

Yeah, I think I'm pretty much done with the Final Fantasy series.

EDIT: Never mind--if they're mostly doing away with the bad kind of cutscene, bringing back a world map, and re-supplying us with airships, then I might go back.  Also, another strong female protagonist in multiple games... hurm...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 12:00:37 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41823 on: January 07, 2012, 12:04:55 pm »

FF9 is best FF

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41824 on: January 07, 2012, 12:08:55 pm »

This guy, right here, he has some good opinions
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41825 on: January 07, 2012, 12:13:05 pm »

I also agree with the above post.

FF6 is second to it, IMO.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #41826 on: January 07, 2012, 12:13:29 pm »

No, man, FF6. My opinions remain completely uninfluenced by nostalgia, obviously >_______>
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41827 on: January 07, 2012, 12:19:30 pm »

No, man, FF6. My opinions remain completely uninfluenced by nostalgia, obviously >_______>
Agreed, i only ventured far as to 8 and thats it.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41828 on: January 07, 2012, 01:05:20 pm »

Oh man, my little tiny USB mouse broke, and now I have to resort to the barbarism that is using the touchpad to move the cursor around. I hate having to do that, and it'll be until next week before I can get a replacement!

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41829 on: January 07, 2012, 02:24:46 pm »

I loved FF7 for the music more than anything else.

Especially this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxRIxovS7nQ

And this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_oS8zsO2nU&feature=related

There was lots of other good music too though.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 02:26:59 pm by Pnx »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41830 on: January 07, 2012, 04:21:26 pm »

I remember playing and beating 9, but I'll be damned if I can remember anything specific about it besides it's art style and frequent callbacks to the old days of FF1, 2, and 3.

Loved FF5 and 6. 4 Was good too. Beat 8 like five times over with increasingly hard challenges, and I'll stop right there otherwise I'll fly into a tirade on it.

10 = great but was a disappoint in the end. Blitzball is still the best minigame ever conceived. 10-2 was a failure. Everything after doesn't even exist.

And yeah, 7. I liked it, but I beat it years ago and barely remember anything about it just like 9.

P.S. Dancing Mad is still probably the best final boss music ever.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41831 on: January 07, 2012, 05:26:04 pm »

10 = great but was a disappoint in the end. Blitzball is still the best minigame ever conceived. 10-2 was a failure. Everything after doesn't even exist.
Most everyone I've talked to has the exact opposite opinion of yours, heh. Most people I know disliked 10 but thought 10-2 was an interesting (if flawed in its own way) offshoot. I still hear people praising its battle system.

And Tactics (for the ps1, not the GBA game) is the best final fantasy game. Hands down. I like FF6 better personally, but that's due to nostalgia (and the fact it's damn good in its own right).
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41832 on: January 07, 2012, 05:48:09 pm »

Oh my how did I forget Tactics? I dropped 10~ bucks to get a used copy from Amazon and I have to say that it has the most serious and grounded story of any game I can think of, and still be it's wacky fantasy self.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41833 on: January 07, 2012, 06:58:08 pm »

Tactics is the best. The only two problems I have with the game is A) You can only take 5 dudes into battle, and B) fucking Ramza. Ponce.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41834 on: January 07, 2012, 07:06:20 pm »

Yeah it's too bad the flattest character was the main one (not to mention all the other protagonists go silent once they enter your party). The villains were awesome though. I love Delita and Wiegraf.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 2787 2788 [2789] 2790 2791 ... 8167