Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2732 2733 [2734] 2735 2736 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9447743 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #40995 on: December 19, 2011, 06:47:09 pm »

I'm an only child, so it's more of "the two of them, going through life together, and then they'll occasionally get around to remembering me."  When my dad's gone, my mom can take care of me, but now it's more of a "they exclude me and then accuse me of not trying to get along."

Especially when my cousin died, and it was "OMG get my mom on anti-depressants and get her a dog and get her counseling and take care of her" and "well, kid cried once and then stopped talking or making facial expressions, guess we'll ignore her.  Wouldn't want to stir anything up.  Let's be sure to let her know that we don't want her to get counseling."

I'd be able to deal with all of this if my back just didn't hurt quite so much.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40996 on: December 19, 2011, 06:59:44 pm »

Nearly lost a hard drive today, managed to fix it but ended up losing pretty much everything on it. Slowly realizing that I'm now missing a lot of images/music that were really important to me that I'm not going to find again any time soon (if ever), ugh.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40997 on: December 19, 2011, 07:34:33 pm »

I'm an only child, so it's more of "the two of them, going through life together, and then they'll occasionally get around to remembering me."  When my dad's gone, my mom can take care of me, but now it's more of a "they exclude me and then accuse me of not trying to get along."

Especially when my cousin died, and it was "OMG get my mom on anti-depressants and get her a dog and get her counseling and take care of her" and "well, kid cried once and then stopped talking or making facial expressions, guess we'll ignore her.  Wouldn't want to stir anything up.  Let's be sure to let her know that we don't want her to get counseling."

I'd be able to deal with all of this if my back just didn't hurt quite so much.
This is one of those times I wish I could tell someone, "I've got your back", but certain inevitable facts prevent that from being true. Such as my somewhat neurotic unreliability, the distance, anonymity, and the fact that I think it would just be kind of creepy for me to say that.

So I'm going to choose a much less creepy alternative.

I will sacrifice a newborn lamb shit, you're a vegetarian aren't you? ermmm...

I will sacrifice a newborn... tofurky in your name, and attempt to drive away the spirits of back pain and kinstrife. Hopefully it will also bring your crops seasonable weather in the spring.

To get the benefit the most from this sacrifice you should sketch the rune of unity above the door to your house, and have the rune of binding on a pendant hanging above your head.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #40998 on: December 19, 2011, 07:57:04 pm »

Vector,

I know all about messed up family life in a different way. You're an only child; I'm one of 6, all broken and scattered. Family basically used/uses me as a scapegoat, as an understatement. The good news, it may take years but it does get better, somewhat.

[hugs]
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40999 on: December 19, 2011, 08:40:58 pm »

I will sacrifice a newborn... tofurky
Those things are friggin' nasty (at least the ones I've had) so make sure its death is long and painful.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41000 on: December 19, 2011, 09:11:33 pm »

Is it weird that I pronounce yaoi the same way I pronounce yahweh?

Sad! Sad things, things, things that are... sad... Uh...

I'm terrible at finding jobs. I've no one to cuddle. And my computer has been broken for a good 3 months.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41001 on: December 19, 2011, 09:22:48 pm »

Technically, yes...

It should be more like yah-oi, with the o and i pronounced individually - ya-oh-ii.

Yes, I did study Japanese for five years.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #41002 on: December 19, 2011, 09:29:34 pm »

Technically, yes...

It should be more like yah-oi, with the o and i pronounced individually - ya-oh-ii.

HOLY CRAP I WAS RIGHT

Tlc2011

• Bay Watcher
  • ..No idea what to put here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41003 on: December 19, 2011, 11:52:47 pm »

Technically, yes...

HOLY CRAP I WAS RIGHT

Please for the love of god tell me necro was unbanned.

Otherwise...

Warning, long spoiler
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

tlc2011 has been muted.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41004 on: December 19, 2011, 11:55:04 pm »

We do have guidelines on the forum for a reason. If Necro didn't abide by them, then that's his fault...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41005 on: December 19, 2011, 11:55:52 pm »

That post was three hours ago. He was banned 30 minutes ago.

Sorry dude, I feel for you, but you got to get over it. He is gone. I am your father now.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #41006 on: December 19, 2011, 11:57:08 pm »

Of course we've always had members that never gave a shit about the guidelines whenever they're applied to their friends. Those people don't tend to stick around much from what I've seen go on.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41007 on: December 19, 2011, 11:58:17 pm »

Sorry dude, I feel for you, but you got to get over it. He is gone. I am your father now.
Yes, King Claudius.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41008 on: December 19, 2011, 11:59:41 pm »

What happens from this is that:
A. A bit of an outcry then certain people will leave.
B. The remainder of us will carry on as if nothing has really happened.

And so on.

Tlc2011

• Bay Watcher
  • ..No idea what to put here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41009 on: December 19, 2011, 11:59:42 pm »

That post was three hours ago. He was banned 30 minutes ago.

Yeah...Alright, as i said on the life advice thread, i'm going to dunk toady's head in a toilet someday because of this
Pages: 1 ... 2732 2733 [2734] 2735 2736 ... 8167