Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2721 2722 [2723] 2724 2725 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439684 times)

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #40830 on: December 15, 2011, 05:18:15 am »

today i transfered my brothers pg's from his wow account to another.
he had become overly too eager to play with it.
that is why when he'll come back home, he'll find the surprise waiting for him.
to ensure i won't be marked the culprit, i went as far as mimick an hacker attack, changing the emails to others, changing passwords of BOTH our accounts (i no longer play, but my account is still there).
i then will douche bag him in game with an in game letter one day or the other, so i'll come out clean.
but since that would require me to re-install Wow...it's going to be a further away day.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40831 on: December 15, 2011, 05:21:20 am »

today i transfered my brothers pg's from his wow account to another.
he had become overly too eager to play with it.
that is why when he'll come back home, he'll find the surprise waiting for him.
to ensure i won't be marked the culprit, i went as far as mimick an hacker attack, changing the emails to others, changing passwords of BOTH our accounts (i no longer play, but my account is still there).
i then will douche bag him in game with an in game letter one day or the other, so i'll come out clean.
but since that would require me to re-install Wow...it's going to be a further away day.
How does any of that make you sad? Sounds like you're actually having fun.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #40832 on: December 15, 2011, 05:25:10 am »

because i thought he could manage without me actually intervening on his addiction.
it's saddening.
especially since it's then going to degenerate into a yelling around the house and wailing "MY PGGGG UEEE MY LIFEEEE WHYYYY FUUUUUU WHHYYYYY DAMN HACKERSSS" *rinse and repeat with swears
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #40833 on: December 15, 2011, 05:30:03 am »

because i thought he could manage without me actually intervening on his addiction.
it's saddening.
especially since it's then going to degenerate into a yelling around the house and wailing "MY PGGGG UEEE MY LIFEEEE WHYYYY FUUUUUU WHHYYYYY DAMN HACKERSSS" *rinse and repeat with swears

Have you read Brotherhood of the Rose?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40834 on: December 15, 2011, 05:38:27 am »

Or! You could beat him to teach him to defend himself against hackers! Either one works.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40835 on: December 15, 2011, 09:20:21 am »

I have 2 big finals today.

Oh, hello butterflies, I haven't seen you in a long time. What's that you say? You decided to vacation in my stomach because of all the bad weather going on in my brain? Well I hope you're happy because this time I have Tums. Merry Christmas you goddamned belly insects.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40836 on: December 15, 2011, 09:56:05 am »

Why am I dicking around here and not writing the paper that's due in eight hours?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40837 on: December 15, 2011, 01:22:16 pm »

why do i sit here, saddned by the general lack of attention to a project that i devoted two weeks of my life that nobody cares about?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #40838 on: December 15, 2011, 01:36:17 pm »

I would read it, but I don't have much time right now X)

The sad thing, the entire left side of my body seems to like hairs more than my right for some reason, this now includes my chest (CHEST HAIR HUARGH!!!!!) :S
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #40839 on: December 15, 2011, 03:03:34 pm »

I really need to get a job where I don't have to deal with the public. I am terrible at it. I come home every day completely exhausted, even though the only things I've really done are smile and repeat the same three sentences 250 times.

Today a man asked for a pack of cigarettes then told me I was taking the last of his money. I said I was sorry. He laughed at me and asked "Are you serious?" I was so he laughed some more. I thanked him for mocking my sincerity and told him to have a nice day.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40840 on: December 15, 2011, 03:47:20 pm »

Badly overstimulated.

Teaches me for socializing for 2.5 hours after an exam.

On the other hand, I now have Hazelnut's phone number and an invitation to come see her over winter break.

On the other other hand, I haven't been that obvious about preening for the past three years.

Pfauuuug rubbing things foreeeever
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #40841 on: December 15, 2011, 03:54:47 pm »

Opposing counsel is so damn stupid it hurts to read what she writes. One of the paragraphs in her answer is, "Defendant asks that this court dismiss the action at plaintiff's costs." <--- and that's all.

???

A.) Under what standard (Rule 12 et seq?)
B.) State some reason why.
C.) At plaintiff's cost? You have any authority for the court to do that AT ALL?

I actually am going to have to file a 12(E) Motion for a More Definite Statement, because there's no way I can respond to the dribble she has made her printer scrawl. Daddy owns the law firm huh? Good to know you got there on your merits while I slaved away to be competent but in a much lesser position. Though part of me will enjoy handing you your ass, the fact that I have to is degrading. This means I have to specify what the court should order you to put in your god damn motion. You're getting a free lesson from me that I paid for with years of experience learning the hard way.

In summation:

Her: Useless, overprivileged, but highly paid and respected.
Me: Useful, underprivileged, but lowly paid and not exactly respected.

I'm teaching... her? Sycophantic hack.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 04:00:50 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40842 on: December 15, 2011, 03:59:45 pm »

I really need to get a job where I don't have to deal with the public. I am terrible at it. I come home every day completely exhausted, even though the only things I've really done are smile and repeat the same three sentences 250 times.
I feel for you. Been there done that.
Remember, though, once you finally change your job, even a crappy one will seem like an improvement.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #40843 on: December 15, 2011, 04:22:52 pm »

more sad:
after obliterating my brothers old account of wow...
he made another one, starting levelling it again...
he's hopeless...isn't he?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #40844 on: December 15, 2011, 04:28:42 pm »

Take out the graphics card and tell him the PC is busted, send it for 'repairs' untill he gets better ^^
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 2721 2722 [2723] 2724 2725 ... 8167