Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2683 2684 [2685] 2686 2687 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439705 times)

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #40260 on: November 27, 2011, 05:56:00 pm »

I just realized I have a terrible weekend sleep schedule.
Normally, I get 9 hours of sleep, for 15 hours awake per day.
Friday: 20 hours awake (max. 23)
Sunday: 10 hours awake (max. 11)

Huckleberry Finn. No. Reading the first chapter, I can definitively say that it is the worst thing from a book I have ever read. And I have to read the whole book. I hate it; I'll try to enjoy it, but I doubt I will. It literally contains (almost) everything I could possibly hate reading. Everything that could be appropriately read in a classroom, and then a bit more.

And my parents took my gloves to give to someone for yard-work. Looks like I won't be working on chainmail for a while.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40261 on: November 27, 2011, 07:17:16 pm »

PTSD induced nightmares again, and it'd be bad enough, but I'm keeping Yumi up and she has work tomorrow.

Blegh, I really think her life would be better without me involved.
*Hugs*

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #40262 on: November 27, 2011, 07:32:13 pm »

Easier, possibly.

Better? I doubt it.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #40263 on: November 27, 2011, 07:36:40 pm »

PTSD induced nightmares again, and it'd be bad enough, but I'm keeping Yumi up and she has work tomorrow.

Blegh, I really think her life would be better without me involved.
:(

You shouldn't blame yourself for something you have no control over.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40264 on: November 27, 2011, 07:40:32 pm »

That's completely the wrong way to look at it. First of all, she shouldn't even contemplate apologizing for her psychological problems and secondly, "not being able to do anything about it" shouldn't absolve you from your duty to minimize the impact or prevent it, nor does it make you less guilty (Please don't head this rule MoM, it's overruled by the first).
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 07:42:44 pm by Virex »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #40265 on: November 27, 2011, 07:56:14 pm »

As someone who understands Yumi's position, I can safely say that simply being thankful and returning the love at every opportunity is far far better for everyone than beating yourself up with guilt and worry, which uselessly burdens her as much as you.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #40266 on: November 27, 2011, 08:00:55 pm »

That's completely the wrong way to look at it. First of all, she shouldn't even contemplate apologizing for her psychological problems and secondly, "not being able to do anything about it" shouldn't absolve you from your duty to minimize the impact or prevent it, nor does it make you less guilty (Please don't head this rule MoM, it's overruled by the first).
I'm not seeing how that's different from what I said. Unless you thought I meant to make a blanket generalization about 'things you have no control over.' The point was that she shouldn't be blaming herself for that.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40267 on: November 27, 2011, 08:08:16 pm »

Oh, if you only meant it in this particular case then I guess I'll have to apologize.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40268 on: November 27, 2011, 10:45:48 pm »

Steam Sales. Europa Universalis, 75% off. Promising myself I wouldn't spend any more.

Steaaaaaaaam

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #40269 on: November 27, 2011, 10:46:14 pm »

I have allergies which lead to a cold every year in fall. I hate it. I feel disgusting and gross.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #40270 on: November 27, 2011, 11:12:07 pm »

I least favorite class is my 2D design class, and I just now remembered what we have for our final test in that class: 100% essay questions.  It's like the woman has gone insane.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #40271 on: November 27, 2011, 11:41:38 pm »

Stupid allergies and State giving me crap about possibly incorporating to start my own freaking law firm. Meh, I'll work through it but o well.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #40272 on: November 27, 2011, 11:44:20 pm »

I least favorite class is my 2D design class, and I just now remembered what we have for our final test in that class: 100% essay questions.  It's like the woman has gone insane.
Bluh, reminds me of art class. They basically go "Fuck what art actually means, let's teach you stuff you probably won't remember and make you draw what we want."

I remember that for Art class, I finished early with a set of drawings we were suppose to do so I made an extra to hand in for potential extra credit (Or some kind of criticism.) and my art teacher told me to throw it away.

I fucking hate how they do art in schools.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40273 on: November 28, 2011, 12:23:46 am »

Schools have to have demonstrable results. Creative flair and subtlety and attractiveness are subjective, so trying to actually teach those won't go over well when it comes time for the school to be rated, should they get a reviewer who has a different interpretation of things. Luckily enough, the higher level art classes get further and further away from that.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #40274 on: November 28, 2011, 12:48:53 am »

You basically either get the problem of "THIS is art and nothing else", or you get the "EVERYTHING is art!" mentality that leads to random splatters of paint being called art.
Pages: 1 ... 2683 2684 [2685] 2686 2687 ... 8167