Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2682 2683 [2684] 2685 2686 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439615 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #40245 on: November 27, 2011, 07:06:53 am »

I'm honestly less happy than one of my RPing characters. And she's the somber, emotionless one.

Then again, sadness is an emotion.

But seriously though, what made you feel so down recently?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #40246 on: November 27, 2011, 07:09:45 am »

I wish I knew. It's just so hard to even want to do anything about it, and even if I did, I wouldn't know what to do.

I just...feel lost. Like I'm losing who I really am, only I don't even know who or what that is.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40247 on: November 27, 2011, 07:14:08 am »

I wish I knew. It's just so hard to even want to do anything about it, and even if I did, I wouldn't know what to do.

I just...feel lost. Like I'm losing who I really am, only I don't even know who or what that is.

Feel free to take a moment to reflect on it, and take however much time you want writing it down, even if not to share, just to place your thoughts into tangible form for yourself.

No rush, life's not running away from you.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40248 on: November 27, 2011, 07:34:41 am »

Generally when I feel "lost" I don't have a goal or motivation driving me forward. Find something (preferably productive) to obsess over.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40249 on: November 27, 2011, 07:41:24 am »

Generally when I feel "lost" I don't have a goal or motivation driving me forward. Find something (preferably productive) to obsess over.

Same here. I feel 'dwarven sober', or sadness when I get bored. I do the above and find something else to entertain me, and or enhance my abilities. Find a purpose; an activity to perform, or stop thinking about you feeling losses, and let the wind drift you wherever it goes.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40250 on: November 27, 2011, 08:29:11 am »

Irrelevant for those of you that arent Welsh sports fans, but this has left me numb for a large number of reasons: Gary Speed taking his own life... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-15909277

This is a blank sig.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #40251 on: November 27, 2011, 02:54:13 pm »

I'm tired... but I have run into my nemesis, insomnia.
And I've got driving lessons tomorrow, fun.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #40252 on: November 27, 2011, 03:22:32 pm »

This thing. Not that people are signing a petition to retain their civil liberties, but because it seems we have to go through this EVERY FUCKING WEEK nowadays. I just want to live in a not-fucked-up-police-state-type country, alright Congress? Is that too much to ask?

PS: Sign that please, if you're American. It's petitioning a proposed bill that allows the US Military to arrest and detain any American citizen anywhere in the world at any time for any reason with no judge, jury, bail, or sentence for as long as they wish.
I found the text of this bill, and it doesn't seem like that's whats going on. For example, from section 1031

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The full bill can be found here. Section 1031 starts on page 438.

Not that I particularly agree with the indefinite detention of anybody without trial, but this stuff already seems mostly covered by the Patriot Act and it definitely doesn't allow for the detention of US citizens. I wonder if this all developed from a misunderstanding or was deliberately disingenuous. Anyway, shame on the ACLU. This is gonna make them look bad.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 03:29:56 pm by fqllve »
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #40253 on: November 27, 2011, 03:48:30 pm »

I wonder if there's any way to deal that issue that won't cause problems to be frank. Given that Al Qaeda isn't a country, the US is technically not at war with them, yet military personnel are fighting against them. I think the idea is to get the legal authority to hold them prisoner of war style without running into legal ramifications, but this also applies to "supporters" who live in Muslim countries and made a donation to a Muslim charity that turned out to have been funding Al Qaeda. This, I wouldn't normally find a problem with, but, you run into the issue that they're being held, not tried. You can hold a person under any justification provided they're not US citizens, and there is no way to sift the innocent from the guilty.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #40254 on: November 27, 2011, 03:51:05 pm »

Damnit, why do I feel depressed for no reason.

Damn you emotions *shakes fist*
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40255 on: November 27, 2011, 03:55:20 pm »

You know when you think of something really gross and can't get it out of your head?

I feel sick now.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40256 on: November 27, 2011, 03:56:18 pm »

Eat something with nutmeg in it. Like mash or something.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #40257 on: November 27, 2011, 03:57:25 pm »

Eat something with nutmeg in it. Like mash or something.
I don't like nutmeg.

D:
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40258 on: November 27, 2011, 04:00:02 pm »

But makes you H-A-P-P-Y-~

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #40259 on: November 27, 2011, 05:25:30 pm »

So 3D movies don't work for me, they just give me this great big headache without any of the allegedly cool effects.That said Immortals was still freaking awesome.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 2682 2683 [2684] 2685 2686 ... 8167