Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2681 2682 [2683] 2684 2685 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9441533 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #40230 on: November 26, 2011, 09:43:54 pm »

I have 15 years of internet experience.  I can handle it :)
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40231 on: November 26, 2011, 09:46:12 pm »

Hurgh, can't sleep again.
*Hugs*

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #40232 on: November 26, 2011, 09:50:04 pm »

I have 15 years of internet experience.  I can handle it :)
No, actually it's terrible. I had no idea what it was so I watched it. It's basically what happens when people post extremely personal details in very public places and then other people make fun of them for it. It's just very depressing and embarassing. For all parties, I think.

I do not recommend anyone watch it. It isn't disgusting or some test of endurance. It isn't enjoyable in any way. It is just a soul-crushingly bleak exhibition of humanity.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40233 on: November 26, 2011, 10:08:26 pm »

Honestly, it's easy enough to find on your own just with the information he laid out in his post. I couldn't watch all the way through. I couldn't even watch half of it.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40234 on: November 26, 2011, 10:17:57 pm »

MetalSlimeHunt: Your method of posting was almost the surest way to get people to watch things like that. Everyone has some level of sick curiosity.

As to the video (and I really hope I don't offend anyone) but I honestly don't understand what's so bad about it. It's a guy being a dick to someone who posted about their odd sexual interests.

I agree with fqllve; and for what it's worth, I'll say that people shouldn't watch it, because it is saddening.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #40235 on: November 26, 2011, 10:21:12 pm »

If that's all it is, chances are I've been in conversations that were worse.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40236 on: November 26, 2011, 10:21:34 pm »

MetalSlimeHunt: Your method of posting was almost the surest way to get people to watch things like that. Everyone has some level of sick curiosity.
Not my fault. I warned you all against that course of action, but no one sees fit to trust the judgement of Jor-El me.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40237 on: November 26, 2011, 10:37:47 pm »

Well, the 20 minutes sortof passed in a daze.  Maybe it's experience with other similar videos, but it didn't seem so bad (once you look past the overgraphic descriptions).  The main thing that jumped out at me were the constant self-contradictions.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40238 on: November 27, 2011, 01:53:22 am »

Dammit why did I have to forget all that calculus from high school. It'd be damn helpful right now.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #40239 on: November 27, 2011, 04:48:49 am »

This thing. Not that people are signing a petition to retain their civil liberties, but because it seems we have to go through this EVERY FUCKING WEEK nowadays. I just want to live in a not-fucked-up-police-state-type country, alright Congress? Is that too much to ask?

PS: Sign that please, if you're American. It's petitioning a proposed bill that allows the US Military to arrest and detain any American citizen anywhere in the world at any time for any reason with no judge, jury, bail, or sentence for as long as they wish.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #40240 on: November 27, 2011, 04:57:54 am »

I've been reading QUestionable Content this week. It has made me sad because it made me more aware of my lack of love life, and because I ran out of issues.

On the plus side I love Randy the Eternal Bandicoot.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #40241 on: November 27, 2011, 06:21:05 am »

It's dark, cold and rainy outside. It always makes me feel down.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40242 on: November 27, 2011, 06:25:43 am »

I'd trade you weather (sunny days depress me), but it's pretty dark and cloudy out here too, heh.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40243 on: November 27, 2011, 06:27:35 am »

Either listen to LA Noire's soundtrack, or youtube 'Three in the Morning Midnight Crew'. Do it.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #40244 on: November 27, 2011, 06:52:07 am »

I'm honestly less happy than one of my RPing characters. And she's the somber, emotionless one.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."
Pages: 1 ... 2681 2682 [2683] 2684 2685 ... 8167