Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2659 2660 [2661] 2662 2663 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9452832 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #39900 on: November 17, 2011, 02:34:24 pm »

Wife is in surgery. So nervous.
Good luck to her, and to you by proxy I suppose.

Grazi.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #39901 on: November 17, 2011, 02:46:24 pm »

what makes me sad now is humans are pathetic, weak, greedy (most of us), not magical, not mechanical, not awesome, and are not dragons or Sangheili.
Pfft, who needs magic, we have science! Unlike the mysteriousness of magic, science does not simply stagnate; it builds upon itself faster and faster, ensuring every year is more awesome than the past. You don't need special training or to be born with more ability than others to use it, it simply works. Look at the progress made in the past few centuries and consider that, barring some sort of terrible disease early in your life, you will likely live to be nearly a century old. Magic is far too overrated compared to the massive advances we can actually make, even within a single lifetime. :D

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #39902 on: November 17, 2011, 02:47:47 pm »

So they apparently switched my shift today to something I've never done before. This is gonna go well, I'm sure. Guys at least showing me the places I'll be working in would be appreciated so I know where to show up.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #39903 on: November 17, 2011, 03:28:48 pm »

I hate having to write anything of this nature. Ordinarily, I would find this man a job in another company. This is currently not an option. I'm afraid this is the best I can manage. Thankfully, I convinced the company to allow me to do so (after all, he worked for free for a bit):
[Phone]
[Email]

To whom it may concern:

I represent [Company], current employer of [person] until of 11/18/2011. The one and only reason [person] is no longer employed is due to [company]'s  inability to make payroll and market difficulties. Unfortunately the demand for [company's product] has been severely reduced in this economy. If not for [company]'s financial difficulties, [person] would be employed. He is an asset to [company] and shall be sorely missed.

I have had the pleasure of knowing [person] and reviewed his company record. In 14 years, [person] has never once missed, or been late for, work. He has an exemplary work ethic. In fact, [person] even briefly performed services for company without pay in an attempt to stave off [company]'s bankruptcy. Unfortunately, certainly through no fault of [person], bankruptcy proved unavoidable. I wholeheartedly, unconditionally, and with no reservations, recommend [person], as he will throw himself fully into any task he undertakes for any company or organization so fortunate as to have him.

I would be delighted to discuss [person]'s perspective employment. Please do not hesitate to contact me at the above phone number or address(es) provided above at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely,

[Truean]
Attorney for [company] 
[Atty registration number]

Fuck all. I'm supposed to be smarter than to let this happen. He is the main reason I could avoid filing for company's bankruptcy for about a month. He did not deserve this, yet nothing can be done about it.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 03:42:55 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39904 on: November 17, 2011, 03:43:11 pm »

A girl got hit by a car outside my school today. It doesn't exactly make me sad, since the car was going 15-20 MPH at best and she was obviously not seriously hurt at all, but this seems like the best thread for it. This happens every year at my school, but this is the first time I ever saw it myself.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #39905 on: November 17, 2011, 03:45:33 pm »

dragons are immortal, smart and magical, way better than humans, besides the...nothing.

unless the govermants/presidents/greedy people of the world become nice and help the enviroment, fund technology like cyro and fund me getting a quantum computer invent conciusness transferring machinary for virtual reality, i dont like most humans.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 03:47:27 pm by drago55577 »

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39906 on: November 17, 2011, 03:46:20 pm »

dragons are immortal, smart and magical, way better than humans, besides the...nothing

Hands.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39907 on: November 17, 2011, 03:47:33 pm »

They happen to be my second favorite kind of creatures. They only aren't top because squirrels can wield light sabers.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #39908 on: November 17, 2011, 04:09:43 pm »

dragons are immortal, smart and magical, way better than humans, besides the...nothing

Hands.

claws, three fingers, one thumb

good enough

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #39909 on: November 17, 2011, 04:20:09 pm »

You can't fathom how much I hate cardio

I bet I can! (I'm 5'1" and weigh 215 lbs. :P)

Not that kind of cardio, but I hate that one too. 183 cm, 87 kg. Those last 7 kg should go, but they're proving irreductible
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39910 on: November 17, 2011, 04:28:41 pm »

I'll take them if you want :P
I could use a few dozen extra KG.
*Hugs*

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #39911 on: November 17, 2011, 04:36:09 pm »

dragons are immortal, smart and magical, way better than humans, besides the...nothing.

unless the govermants/presidents/greedy people of the world become nice and help the enviroment, fund technology like cyro and fund me getting a quantum computer invent conciusness transferring machinary for virtual reality, i dont like most humans.
Precisely what Urist said. Dragons are awesome except for the fact that their societies are essentially doomed to stagnation forever. They can't create technology due to a lack of precise appendages, nor would they care to, as their immortality and petty magic would be enough for them to get by on; in the end, they are the quintessential noble savage.

Immortality is well within the grasp of humans through technology (leaving aside the question as to whether or not immortality is more disruptive to society than it is worth); though probably not until after we are dead. Even today our technology is making us as smart if not more so than any dragon; we have access not only to instant communication with any living member of the species but instant access to quantities of knowledge on the petabyte scale. Violence, both on the large scale and the small, is decreasing; in general, everything is better than it used to be and is continuing to get better with a few minor exceptions.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39912 on: November 17, 2011, 04:41:15 pm »

And the usual Human advantage of boning our way to victory.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #39913 on: November 17, 2011, 04:41:35 pm »

dragons have claws...those are hands, with claws on them.

Rip goat, more loli

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39914 on: November 17, 2011, 04:48:01 pm »

Therefore, Eagles have hands.
This is a blank sig.
Pages: 1 ... 2659 2660 [2661] 2662 2663 ... 8167