Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2640 2641 [2642] 2643 2644 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9438078 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #39615 on: November 09, 2011, 02:51:57 pm »

I sympathize with the moeblob indifference.

Although I've never had any interest in western comic books for some reason.  I've always read the manga and manhwa.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39616 on: November 09, 2011, 02:53:36 pm »

Make it so, Vector. After all, "You must be the change you wish to see in the world."

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39617 on: November 09, 2011, 03:01:14 pm »

Make it so, Vector. After all, "You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
Y'know...it just dawned on me that that's not a good piece of advice to give to a sociopath. (For clarification, NOT saying that Vector is a sociopath...just a random thought, that's all.)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39618 on: November 09, 2011, 03:02:43 pm »

I like a couple of issues of Batman and X-Men, and Powers and Calvin and Hobbes are pretty amazing, but other than that I'm pretty much completely with you.  There are some good harem and moe-moe shows out there, I'm sure, but for some reason the scene over here appears to be much more involved with anime than manga, and I'm far more into manga.

Hmm.  Well, whatever.  Hopefully the next university I'm at will have a good anime club.  I don't think I can force this one to change, though, since it's fairly large and for some reason anime watchers in general seem to be pretty stubborn about their tastes--myself included, honestly, but I like to think that my opinions are at least pretty broad.

Feh.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #39619 on: November 09, 2011, 03:15:15 pm »

Finally feeling well enough to today that I think I could get through a day of work.  I'm all prepared to go... but still debating.  I'm not feeling like I've beat these things yet, and there's a high probability that I'll start getting more sick again if I go today.  There's even higher probability that I'll drive everyone in the office nuts with my obnoxious coughing and make other people sick.  But I've already taken 3 sick days in a row, and am probably already in trouble.  I don't have a solid idea of how much I would be jeopardizing my job if I took one more day.

Fuck corporate America for forcing decisions like this on people.

@Vector -- Are you mainly looking for recommendations for just manga or any style of comic?  Or are you looking for more than that, like in-depth discussion?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39620 on: November 09, 2011, 03:17:03 pm »

get an old clockwork alarm clock with actual bells.

Just popping in to give my opinion on this - it can be dangerous.  I had a problem with sleeping through alarms myself, because I was using an old radio one that I apparently learned to shut off without even regaining consciousness, and my cell phone which actually sets off its alarm whenever the fuck it wants to.  I bought this really cool little alarm clock with the Rolling Stones lips and actual bells.  Not a classic or anything, just a cheap clock.

I would wake up angry as fuck every day because I haaated the thing.  Which is especially dangerous because my brain can take a few minutes to boot up when I'm suddenly awoken.  Sometimes I couldn't remember how to shut it off, and it drove me insane.  Which is why the clock lasted about two years before I woke up on four hours sleep one day, and proceeded to beat it into silence with my bare hands.

That's fine if you're cool withing buying replacements though.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39621 on: November 09, 2011, 03:20:31 pm »

People were posting horrible things and edited pictures of my English teacher. She's a really nice person, and I sent it to the vice-principal. It's their job to know about stuff like that that's going on, after all.

This was last week. Fast forward to yesterday. My best friend tells me that she's dating this guy who posted the picture I sent to the administration.

Today, everyone learns that the person who posted one of the pictures is going to be suspended (length and in or out of school TBD). Friend uses psychic powers, asks me if I was the one who sent it to the administration. Apparently the teacher is going to press charges in court for harassment, and this person who posted it will never be able to go to college, ect.  She now refuses to talk to me, and now a bunch of people think I'm a horrible person or something. I don't even have anyone to talk to about it. At least there's a four-day weekend starting today where I can hide in my room and not have to deal with school.

To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #39622 on: November 09, 2011, 03:23:20 pm »

Y'know...it just dawned on me that that's not a good piece of advice to give to a sociopath. (For clarification, NOT saying that Vector is a sociopath...just a random thought, that's all.)
*looks at gunsafe*
 ???
 ::)
 :-\
 :D

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39623 on: November 09, 2011, 03:35:11 pm »

Quinnr, if they won't accept how childish, cruel, and disrespectful they were being to someone who didn't deserve that treatment at all, that's their problem to overcome, not yours. They've probably been living their lives in a bubble, thinking themselves safe from having to take personal responsibility for their actions. That kind of shit doesn't fly in the real world, and they were going to have to learn that one way or the other.

You did the right thing by all the laws of human decency... and standing up for others is tough, especially when it's one of you against a crowd. Good on you. Also, don't beat yourself up over what happened to the guy in question; you didn't decide what to do to the guy... the administration did, once they saw what was going on.

Also, know that this isn't a shadow that will hang over you forever; they'll see why you did what you did in due time. Until then, if people harass you about it, don't be afraid to tell them that you were only being a decent human being, and standing up for someone who was the target of insults and personal attacks they didn't deserve... and that you'd hope that your friends would have done the same for you if you were in your teacher's position.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39624 on: November 09, 2011, 03:39:27 pm »

~snip~
Thank you, it's nice to hear that at least someone thinks that I did the right thing.
The administration was pretty nice about it, talked with the vice-principal for a short time during the day, and he thanked me for bringing it to their attention and all.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39625 on: November 09, 2011, 03:42:01 pm »

Bus was late today, so naturally a hugeass pushy crowd formed. I don't care if you are three people behind me in the crowd you are not somehow getting in front of me via pushing. But that is something I accept as part of students desperate to get home.

The problem as the bus driver. The bus was half full before he closed the door and drove off. We could have fit the whole crowd in there without it getting overstuffed.

Now I'm going to be like 30-45 minutes late, or even two hours later than usual, thanks to screwy bus schedules and missing prime window. I kinda need to get home to finish up some art projects for class tomorrow.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39626 on: November 09, 2011, 03:43:07 pm »

People were posting horrible things and edited pictures of my English teacher. She's a really nice person, and I sent it to the vice-principal. It's their job to know about stuff like that that's going on, after all.

This was last week. Fast forward to yesterday. My best friend tells me that she's dating this guy who posted the picture I sent to the administration.

Today, everyone learns that the person who posted one of the pictures is going to be suspended (length and in or out of school TBD). Friend uses psychic powers, asks me if I was the one who sent it to the administration. Apparently the teacher is going to press charges in court for harassment, and this person who posted it will never be able to go to college, ect.  She now refuses to talk to me, and now a bunch of people think I'm a horrible person or something. I don't even have anyone to talk to about it. At least there's a four-day weekend starting today where I can hide in my room and not have to deal with school.

Seriously? Fuck those people. It's called a life lesson -- act like total assholes, and there WILL be consequences. They should be glad it's something as mild as a suspension. If they did it to the wrong person, the end result could be something like a drive-by. I highly doubt the main perp will "never be able to go to college". Harassment charges would be a misdemeanor, and probably not even on their permanent record if they're under 18.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39627 on: November 09, 2011, 03:47:43 pm »

I highly doubt the main perp will "never be able to go to college". Harassment charges would be a misdemeanor, and probably not even on their permanent record if they're under 18.
This bit may be a bit overblown. Perhaps they won't be able to get into really high-end colleges, but community colleges shouldn't be a problem and transfers from them help out stuff like this.

And if she accuses you of trying to tear them apart film your life buddy you live in a sitcom. Stuff like this should help them mature a bit.

I do wonder of the nature of these images. If they are simple memes then I can sorta see why they wouldn't expect this much of a problem. If it's worse then yeah, gotta do the right thing.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #39628 on: November 09, 2011, 04:05:38 pm »

I keep having weird starts to my days. Today? I just don't care about much of anything. Just... Bleh. Olga noticed something was obviously wrong and brought it to my attention no less than 30 minutes after I woke up when I was just passing off conversation half assedly.

I'm not to sure what Ill do. I was considering playing X3: Terran Conflict again after putting in some mods for a fresh start, and NOT picking the somewhat overpowered Terran starting position. But I was also thinking of getting back into Recettear or Dead Island or even Killing floor too. But I don't know what's gonna pull me out of this mood.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #39629 on: November 09, 2011, 05:57:32 pm »

I just got wrangled into a function point counting meeting.... And it starts up again early tomorrow. Then I have to count function points for many many BCR by friday.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 2640 2641 [2642] 2643 2644 ... 8167