Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2637 2638 [2639] 2640 2641 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9441636 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #39570 on: November 08, 2011, 06:42:08 pm »

The only reason it seems to be this popular is just because of the ironic value of an adult male liking My Little Pony.
Incorrect! In fact I'm sick of everyone pointing out the "irony." The main reason it's popular is because it's a huge fountain of memes. The lesser reason it's popular is some crazy folk like me like it legitimately.

Simple fact is, not everything appeals to everyone. Watching an entire season of something you find mediocre is pretty impressive, though; did someone goad you into it? There are some pushy bronies out there and it annoys everyone.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #39571 on: November 08, 2011, 06:45:08 pm »

Yeah I think the best approach is to simply not make a big deal of it.  Sure I have no interest in the show or ponies or the community or anything but then again I wouldn't want somebody dissing my entertainment so it's best to just keep an indifferent mind and space.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #39572 on: November 08, 2011, 10:36:53 pm »

TBH I don't understand why there are that many people in this forum liking that show. It's about talking ponies. It *can't* be good, pretty much by definition.
This may help explain things a bit; a review of the show as done by a guy who reviews a lot of shows and movies.
http://sfdebris.com/special/mlp.asp

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #39573 on: November 08, 2011, 10:43:02 pm »

I suppose its like how the Show Spongebob was for adults, meant for kids but adults could still be entertained watching it.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39574 on: November 08, 2011, 10:47:27 pm »

It also has some pretty good animations. Even with simple rigging and poses they get the idea of anticipation and secondary actions.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39575 on: November 08, 2011, 10:48:34 pm »

TBH I don't understand why there are that many people in this forum liking that show. It's about talking ponies. It *can't* be good, pretty much by definition.

That's a pretty ridiculous claim. That something can't be good because its premise is a bit silly. It's easy to assume that it won't be good, and it's more than likely it won't be good, but you can't judge things like that, it's completely useless and unhelpful.

I think it's fun and occasionally quite clever, myself.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39576 on: November 08, 2011, 10:54:56 pm »

It also has some pretty good animations. Even with simple rigging and poses they get the idea of anticipation and secondary actions.

This was what caught my attention.  It's a very well produced show, benefiting from a lot of the groundbreaking Adobe-animation that went into the last decade of Cartoon Network shows.  And the same writers for that matter.  Nobody ever said The Power Puff Girls was actually a show for girls (my dad loved it for God's sake).  You just need an astute sense of writing for situational comedy, and a good art team to convey the mood.

I'm certainly not some gushing fan of the show, but it is the kind of thing any studio would be proud to produce.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Tlc2011

• Bay Watcher
  • ..No idea what to put here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39577 on: November 09, 2011, 12:10:40 am »

Err...

I guess i'll just leave this here :3

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39578 on: November 09, 2011, 12:15:26 am »

Tired

German homework
Logic homework
Exam tomorrow
Two meetings tomorrow
Should read book by Thursday

Totally exhausted, may have to pull all-nighter =/
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39579 on: November 09, 2011, 12:24:43 am »

Step 1: Remember an old song you liked and decide to play it in Audiosurf
Step 2: Search through two computers for MP3 and then go through the trouble of remotely emailing it to yourself from a different computer
Step 3: Search through the Audiosurf song list to try to give it a proper name/artist so the high score list will have other people on it
Step 4: Finally play the song, and there's only 3 blocks in the entire track. Two blue, one red. Zero points.

:'(

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #39580 on: November 09, 2011, 12:46:48 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
:)  Mine is 2x better!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 12:48:23 am by Euld »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39581 on: November 09, 2011, 01:38:50 am »

Step 1: Remember an old song you liked and decide to play it in Audiosurf
Step 2: Search through two computers for MP3 and then go through the trouble of remotely emailing it to yourself from a different computer
Step 3: Search through the Audiosurf song list to try to give it a proper name/artist so the high score list will have other people on it
Step 4: Finally play the song, and there's only 3 blocks in the entire track. Two blue, one red. Zero points.

:'(

What the hell song was that? I must know!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39582 on: November 09, 2011, 02:50:33 am »

I want to give up.  I feel stupid.

I'm sure this will pass someday, but right now it's very real.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #39583 on: November 09, 2011, 04:05:19 am »

I know that telling you you are smart is actually no help because that won't change what you feel, but still, you are pretty clever from what I can tell. Good luck to you on your quest to become even smarter, or honestly whatever else you decide to do.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39584 on: November 09, 2011, 04:27:32 am »

We just weathered the largest storm in my life. We had to batten down the hatches and windows. The radar showed the rain was about as intense as the radar could show...

We had GOLFBALL SIZED HAIL striking the windows. Very scary. Flash flooding all about... I don't know how I'm going to get to the funeral tomorrow if the roads are going to be blocked.
Pages: 1 ... 2637 2638 [2639] 2640 2641 ... 8167