Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2558 2559 [2560] 2561 2562 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9429794 times)

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #38385 on: October 12, 2011, 11:10:43 pm »

Everyone's had experience with bullies, on either side of the fence. A lot of them grow up successful, inherit their father's companies, were rich in the first place, or get to be billboard models for whitening cream ads or expensive watches or clothing lines. I dislike that.
Just like a lot of bullied people do too, you mean?

Yes.

There's just no karmic justice, is all. Bad things happen to bad people, good things happen to good people, and vice versa. People get stepped on and no one raises a hand. People get shot and the guy responsible dodges trial for three years. It is something I dislike.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38386 on: October 13, 2011, 01:24:16 am »

I feel afraid, for some reason I don't know. Thing is, the fear won't stop.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38387 on: October 13, 2011, 01:30:37 am »

That's weird. All I can say to help is close the windows, blinds, doors, etc. and don't fear random noises.
you are right in your fears
I realized I can't write/compose music worth anything. I end up ripping other songs I like off.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38388 on: October 13, 2011, 01:38:28 am »

I realized I can't write/compose music worth anything. I end up ripping other songs I like off.

Hey, I'm actually having this same issue you're having right now. For some reason, I can't seem to like the melodies I make, and even if I do like it, I can't make it blend with other melodies. I really hate it when it happens, since I spend approximately 2 hours trying to make melodies with FL studio and end up doing nothing at all.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38389 on: October 13, 2011, 01:40:14 am »

Ugh. Mood swings; a few hours ago I felt I'd lost all motivation to do anything. Right now I feel I can take on the world. Problem is, I know I'll slink back into feeling unmotivated before I actually am able to do anything, though.

Maybe I'll at least get some homework done before then. Maybe.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38390 on: October 13, 2011, 01:43:17 am »

Everyone who practices an artistic medium rips other entries in that medium off. The only true creativity is what people come up with to obscure and hide their plagiarism until no one can make the link between their work and what they stole it from any more. And if you can do that, congratulations, you have indirectly managed to create your original work.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38391 on: October 13, 2011, 02:13:49 am »

Six hours straight  on this workbook, sleeping now, finish later
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #38392 on: October 13, 2011, 02:23:17 am »

You're afraid of fear itself?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38393 on: October 13, 2011, 02:32:54 am »

Talking to friend on steam about random stuff, poking fun at eachother like we aways do. Then he gets real sad all of a sudden and goes to bed. Now I'm online wondering what did I do or if I actualy did anything, and feeling real bad despite having no idea of what could've caused it.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38394 on: October 13, 2011, 02:43:50 am »

Homestuck hasn't updated in over a month. It's really hitting me all of a sudden.

Dakk, I'd say don't fret about it. If you upset him, he'll probably let you know. If it was something else, he might evade the question slightly, but hopefully he'd at least let you know it wasn't your fault. If I were to recount the number of times I've said something and had another person disappear, and I've picked apart the conversation obsessively to try and figure out what I said that upset them, only to have them tell me that it was something else, I'd end up filling up a ridiculous amount of space up until you all mob-slaughtered me just to make me shut up.

Shit like that happens to me all the time. The mob-slaughtering, not the contrived "did I upset them or not" situation.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38395 on: October 13, 2011, 02:50:55 am »

That's weird. All I can say to help is close the windows, blinds, doors, etc. and don't fear random noises.
you are right in your fears

Ripping things off is a good way to learn, though.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38396 on: October 13, 2011, 02:55:07 am »

I've been doing math for the past 5 hours?  7 hours?  I don't know, and I barely noticed.  I suspect it was 7.  I came home at 6 and started working.  Now it's 1 AM.  I barely remember eating dinner.

Before that, class, and before that, three hours straight of talking about Russian poetry; before that, another hour and a half of working math problems.  Then back through German class, and reading my logic textbook on the bus.

This part of myself is one of my best and worst facets.  I don't know if I should feel sad or not.  I'm exhausted, but I'm getting up in a couple of hours so that I can finish the remaining work for these problem sets.  They're both late, which I find embarrassing (one by a day, one by a week and a day), so I'm going to try to get to the math building when it opens to drop them off.

*shrug*

But what else could I do?

I haven't been able to work like this for a year and a half.  Not so easily.  In some ways, it's like settling my way back into an old skin I know very well.  In other ways, it's heartbreaking.  I don't like being reminded overmuch of things that other people might call "special."
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #38397 on: October 13, 2011, 03:19:10 am »

The illness I thought the time I took of work had fixed came back with a vengeance a few hours into a ten hour shift. Still feeling rough.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38398 on: October 13, 2011, 03:39:04 am »

Re: ripping stuff off.

True innovation is something the creator tends to not notice when it comes to creative media. To them, it's piecing together stuff they'd heard before, making it their own and making it better. The innovative parts are usually filler or whatever they threw in because the song needed it/to give it a different feel/etc.

Anywho, got my programming homework done. Didn't finish the art assignment and doubt I will.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38399 on: October 13, 2011, 04:06:30 am »

Bleh, have to go to another stupid talk about Uni.
Considering the amount of work I have to get done this year, I'd much rather focus on that, all these talks are doing are highlighting how much I'll miss because I was too busy going to them rather than doing the work.
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 2558 2559 [2560] 2561 2562 ... 8167