Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2556 2557 [2558] 2559 2560 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9428740 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #38355 on: October 12, 2011, 08:36:04 am »

The tarp outside my window keeps blowing up and forming the silhouette of a man. It's unnerving.

Also, yes, wiktionary, I understand colloquially means "in colloquial manner", I looked it up in the first place because I was wondering what colloquial means.
Love, scriver~

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #38356 on: October 12, 2011, 09:55:01 am »

I watched Dexter (season 5).
What a disapointment. It's just plain boring compared to the other seasons.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Season 3 was the most boring.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #38357 on: October 12, 2011, 10:02:20 am »

I said the same thing two thirds through season one.
Love, scriver~

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38358 on: October 12, 2011, 10:07:08 am »

Bleh.  Slept longer than I thought I would, but still tired.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38359 on: October 12, 2011, 10:13:14 am »

Edit shortened version see spoiler for original post:

Airtight defense doesn't always stop airheads:
Stupid prosecutor stupidly suggests someone sue me for malpractice/file an ethical complaint for not saying something I'm required to. I have a lovely audio tape showing that I said it, that they said they understood it, and that they actually explained part of it back to me to prove they got it. Translation, I have the guy lying red handed on tape and thus the suit is entirely baseless.

I can prove for an absolute certainty that the suit has no merit, cause of the tape.... I'm sad I have to pull CYA like this and that the prosecutor is like that.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Truean, if you need to hire someone to beat the stupid out of people like that, I can fill the position for you.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38360 on: October 12, 2011, 01:14:17 pm »

I like essays except for the part where I actually have to write them.
This. So much.

Although there was that one essay I had to write on a sport because I got in trouble during P.E. I wrote a full page on the logistics, strategy, and rules of ping-pong. :P

As for actual sad, I fear I may be... overqualified, in a sense. I dunno, but something's making me sad when it should be making me quite happy - this being a classmate suggesting I should be at MIT or someshit. That's usually a good thing, but right now, it's just.... agh why am I sad about this
Because you're not at MIT? That's something you can fix though.
Edit shortened version see spoiler for original post:

Airtight defense doesn't always stop airheads:
Stupid prosecutor stupidly suggests someone sue me for malpractice/file an ethical complaint for not saying something I'm required to. I have a lovely audio tape showing that I said it, that they said they understood it, and that they actually explained part of it back to me to prove they got it. Translation, I have the guy lying red handed on tape and thus the suit is entirely baseless.

I can prove for an absolute certainty that the suit has no merit, cause of the tape.... I'm sad I have to pull CYA like this and that the prosecutor is like that.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Reminds me of one of the tings my dad tends to run into:
A company contacts him for legal advise or advise on a patent. He looks through the files and quickly comes to the conclusion: "I'm sorry, but you'll never win this case". Response? Either "Thanks for your time, we'll be looking for another advisor" or "We're going to do it anyway. Can you say this and this in court?". Some people just shouldn't run a company...

Zona

• Bay Watcher
  • SEE YOU SOON
    • View Profile
« Reply #38361 on: October 12, 2011, 01:29:53 pm »

I do not yet own the new Discworld book nor Neal Stephenson's new book. And once I do own them I cant read both at once.
Those lucky dwarves, despite the risk of being stabbed, shots, poisoned, eaten, mauled, enslaved, eviscerated or involved in accidents... at least they don’t have to worry about immediate dangers like the heat death of the universe.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #38362 on: October 12, 2011, 01:32:28 pm »

I didn't finish either of the math sections on the PSAT before time ran out. Good bye, national merits scholarships. Feeling pretty shitty about that.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38363 on: October 12, 2011, 01:45:30 pm »

Just read a newspaper article and recognised a girl I went on a (totally failed) date with several years ago. I knew back then that she'd had an eating disorder as a teenager but had recovered fairly well. Now she's obviously relapsed, struggling with both anorexia and self-cutting (article was about experiences with the welfare system).

About the date: it was more or less blind, and I was too nervous to focus on getting to know her better or giving off a decent impression, and she was quite timid. Extremely awkward museum visit all in all. Afterwards I was too embarassed to make further contact and I never heard from her again. I assumed I messed up (well, I did), but I wonder if she simply thought I didn't like her.

It's all very sad. She's a sweet person and there's no rational reason for her to have these issues, only a warped self-image :(

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38364 on: October 12, 2011, 02:47:32 pm »

Most of the things the lecturer says sound like the "nice to know"-kind of things. I can't say how much of it is going to be exam-relevant.
My abysmal note-taking-skill really doesn't help.

Guess I have to trade text/book-notes for lecture-notes with some of my fellow students.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38365 on: October 12, 2011, 03:32:10 pm »

I was having a genuinely happy day today. This is a quite rare occurrence.

Then someone in gym mocked me for getting a lower speed then them on the shuttle run fitness test, and then someone later in the day randomly shouted either 'fat ***' or 'f****t' at me (had trouble hearing, but it was likely the latter, I'm pretty skinny.) And I had to walk home in the rain without a hoodie or umbrella or anything.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

BranRhi

• Bay Watcher
  • In my other pants, theres a secret~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38366 on: October 12, 2011, 03:34:39 pm »

^ This made me sad today. Hope you cheer up soon.
I have a DREAM! where kobolds will be able to join hands with dwarf men and women as partners and lovers. And man, do I love imagining this dream again and again...

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38367 on: October 12, 2011, 03:37:07 pm »

I was having a genuinely happy day today. This is a quite rare occurrence.

Then someone in gym mocked me for getting a lower speed then them on the shuttle run fitness test, and then someone later in the day randomly shouted either 'fat ***' or 'f****t' at me (had trouble hearing, but it was likely the latter, I'm pretty skinny.) And I had to walk home in the rain without a hoodie or umbrella or anything.

Jerks like that should be locked up behind bars until they learn how to behave properly.
Just my own humble opinion, the opinion of one who also had his share of bullies once.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38368 on: October 12, 2011, 03:41:22 pm »

Nah, they just need repeated Ctrl-Alt-Deletes.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38369 on: October 12, 2011, 03:43:58 pm »

Thanks everyone. I shall try to make my day go back to being cheerful...no point in wallowing over people like that.. :)
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 ... 2556 2557 [2558] 2559 2560 ... 8167