Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2542 2543 [2544] 2545 2546 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9427730 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #38145 on: October 09, 2011, 11:18:29 am »

The happy thread is also 1000x25 posts longer than the sad, though it mostly grow in spurts in the late night/early morning.
Love, scriver~

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38146 on: October 09, 2011, 01:36:02 pm »

The happy thread is a boring read. You get to know people a lot better by reading the sad thread.
Sad > Happy. Nuff said.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38147 on: October 09, 2011, 01:56:53 pm »

Bleh.

Let's just say I have way too much work to do today, and leave it at that.  I can finish all of it, and I sort of want to, but what I want most of all is for the day to be over, sense of achievement safely tucked in my bag.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38148 on: October 09, 2011, 02:03:13 pm »

Meds ran out last week, so I went to the docor on firday to get some more prescribed.
Waited for an hour I believe, but had to leave because otherwise I would have missed my train to university.
Now I feel depressed and wasn't able to do more than the minimum effort required for the homework. I wanted to work ahead...

It sucks being dependant...

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38149 on: October 09, 2011, 04:47:03 pm »

Just took a practice test for the PSAT. I now remember how terrible a test it is. At least it will be over with after Wednesday. After that, I'll just have to hope I can get scholarships for succeeding how they want me to.

My family is also annoying me. They don't understand me, don't want to, and keep using my Firefox.

EDIT: And no RPG Saturday this week either. I went to my friend's house and waited for the other two members for four hours. Over that time, one confirmed that he couldn't come over. We then drove to the other's house, for him to tell us he was too sick and dehydrated from debate. (And he obviously was not.) Disappointing.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 04:49:29 pm by Lectorog »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #38150 on: October 09, 2011, 05:01:37 pm »

In order to not pay obnoxious amounts of dollars, I have to park my car further away from my place of work than I live.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38151 on: October 09, 2011, 05:24:16 pm »

I'm not being dedicated enough about some of my work, mostly because I hate it.

Honest to goodness, I'm starting to really hate school.  I hate going to class, I hate handing in problem sets, and I hate these pointless readings.  Most of the lectures aren't worth the price of going.  I've only had a couple of truly inspired professors in my time here.

I love studying and learning, but this is a fucking mockery of same.  Only two courses this semester are actually worth the time and effort I have to put in to get an A--German and one of the rhetoric classes.  The other rhetoric course should be considered a goddamned embarrassment to the school.

Fuck this.  I've already wider-read than the humanities kids in general, so I'm going to stick to taking courses that actually teach me things, and using my spare time to read other stuff.  There's no way I could actually force myself to major in rhetoric, if the courses are going to be this pointless.

I'm so frustrated.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38152 on: October 09, 2011, 05:26:32 pm »

My god, I'm so damn itchy. It's worse than when fine, small hairs get stuck in my skin.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 06:24:00 pm by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38153 on: October 09, 2011, 07:27:53 pm »

Have work, stomach hurts, huzzah.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #38154 on: October 09, 2011, 07:52:20 pm »

So, my bank lets me reach the same number of negative currency units as GalCiv before it cuts off spending. Coincidence?

Yes. Obviously. Really, why would you even think otherwise?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38155 on: October 09, 2011, 07:54:35 pm »

I have tasted the forbidden fruit.
By that I mean I tasted vanilla extract out of the bottle..it was something I swore to myself I would never do, because I had heard it tasted bad. The curiosity overcame me, however, and now...it smells different. After tasting it and knowing that underneath that lovely smell is a terrifying taste, my nose simply does not react the same way to the liquid.

How depressing. :(
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38156 on: October 09, 2011, 08:00:57 pm »

If you're in America, that vanilla "extract" is more than likely artificial and full of alcohol. I don't know about other countries.
Nothing important here, move along.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #38157 on: October 09, 2011, 08:03:13 pm »

Pretty sure it'll be full of alcohol in any case since I think that's what the extraction is done with in real vanilla. I could be wrong though. At any rate, yes, you do have to look to make sure you're buying real vanilla extract, but I doubt it'd taste good in either case.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #38158 on: October 09, 2011, 08:23:40 pm »

I am feeling really hopeless with my maths now, and its really making me think that I chose something pretty bad.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38159 on: October 09, 2011, 08:29:29 pm »

I'm feeling sicker by the day. And my joint pain is constantly getting worse. I hope I don't have anything seriously wrong with me.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 2542 2543 [2544] 2545 2546 ... 8167