Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2536 2537 [2538] 2539 2540 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9431501 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #38055 on: October 07, 2011, 08:11:29 pm »

And yet it was obviously a joke. Hell, check the second thread if you dont believe me. Or his sig.

Btw: toady did NOT post in that thread. It could be that the OP locked it
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38056 on: October 07, 2011, 08:12:00 pm »

And yet it was obviously a joke. Hell, check the second thread if you dont believe me. Or his sig.

Btw: toady did NOT post in that thread. It could be that the OP locked it

Then I am sad that I have been trolled.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #38057 on: October 07, 2011, 08:12:48 pm »

My friend, I can't help it if 6 levels of Frenzied Berserker was optimal for my build. So I occasionally fly into a mindless rage, laying waste to all around me, including (and especially) my loved ones. So I sometimes commit such unspeakable violence that those around me can't help but fly into a similar rage as a form of self-defense. What matters is, I get extra damage from Power Attack, and if that's not worth some minor collateral damage, I don't know wha -  HUAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!11

EDIT: So ninjas made this post kind of obsolete. Damnation.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #38058 on: October 07, 2011, 08:19:20 pm »

That's a sturdy keyboard.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Red

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38059 on: October 07, 2011, 09:14:16 pm »

That's a sturdy keyboard.

That or a really weak table.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38060 on: October 07, 2011, 09:15:29 pm »

Or staged.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38061 on: October 07, 2011, 09:15:48 pm »

My mom is really pushing for the family to go to church again and do devotions at dinner and stuff.

I'm really dreading telling her, but I really don't think I'm a Christian anymore, and I absolutely hate going to church (particularly the really old and/or catholic ones, which pretty much encompasses all the churches around where we moved to). It's not so much that I don't want to tell her, but I know she'll talk to my grandma about it, and she'll blow a gasket.
---------------

Also, how can the week feel so long but I don't have enough time to get everything done without staying up till obscene times at night every day?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #38062 on: October 07, 2011, 09:17:39 pm »

I'll certainly try. I have to learn art for Knowledge Bowl anyway; I may as well start now.
While cramming for it make sure to listen to this song.

BLOOD BROS!

No, not the garage band. The MONTAGE IN A CAN.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38063 on: October 07, 2011, 11:31:39 pm »

It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #38064 on: October 07, 2011, 11:48:32 pm »

I just spent the last hour daydreaming and following links from Plato's Theory of Forms on Wikipedia instead of working...

I'm too much of a space case for this kind of work, and this forum's awesomeness is going to get me in so much trouble for bringing that out of me even more than normal.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #38065 on: October 07, 2011, 11:51:07 pm »

Finally figured out why working at McDonalds makes me so... depressed o_O  The work is easy, repetitive, not a big deal.  But in the end, it doesn't matter.  I contribute to my country's obesity problem and nothing changes.  I'm not working on a project per say, I'm just helping a machine move along the same track it always has.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38066 on: October 08, 2011, 12:14:42 am »

I put on some cursed shoes. Why did I put on those cursed shoes. I KNEW they were cursed, yet I put them on. Now I can't get them off.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38067 on: October 08, 2011, 12:49:45 am »

I'm in the middle of the Summer of my life, drawing dangerously close to 25 years old. In a few days, more than a quarter of the time I can hope to get out of existence will have come and gone. I'm feeling old and disappointing.

Spent most of the day depressed, looking at where I am now and recognizing that, despite every other time in my life where I've recognized where I stood, I've not gotten much closer to my life-goals than I was then. I see how the worst and most persistent of my bad habits are as bad as they've ever been. I see (generally after the fact) the same brand of careless irresponsibility that's lead me to trouble in the past is still there. I notice that emotional gulf between myself and other people, and I feel it growing, making it harder to reach out. I feel like I'm drifting, distant and detached, and face a growing sense of disappointment with myself, and my life. Huh... guess I'm dissatisfied with how dissatisfied I am with myself too.

I'm keenly aware of how precious this shot at life is, and I want to make something of my time here. I want to leave this world and its people better off for having had me in it, and want to help up as many folks as I can, and point them in any directions I can vouch for, such that they can hopefully help themselves.

Despite having spent a lot of my time focusing on this, I can't help but feel that I'm neglecting my own life. For all my efforts to make others happy, provide advice, and hopefully help them find ways to reach their goals and improve their lives, I've neglected self-improvement... and when I do turn that energy inward, I don't feel inspired. I find it hard to push myself toward who and what I want to be, and don't know how best to proceed.

I'm getting older every day. One day, my life is going to be over, and I don't want to have what regrets I'm already experiencing, let alone more. I need to find direction, and as much as I want someone to swoop in and point it out, I know this is the sort of thing that needs to come from me. If it doesn't, I'm willfully sticking myself back in the same rut of looking for guidance and approval from elsewhere.

I know I want more out of my life... so why is it so hard to push myself toward the life I want?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #38068 on: October 08, 2011, 01:00:26 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I know exactly how you're feeling.  All I can offer is this song, which I feel like speaks directly to me on that issue.  I listen to it almost every day.  Lyrics
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #38069 on: October 08, 2011, 05:27:25 am »

I'm in the middle of the Summer of my life, drawing dangerously close to 25 years old. In a few days, more than a quarter of the time I can hope to get out of existence will have come and gone. I'm feeling old and disappointing.

Spent most of the day depressed, looking at where I am now and recognizing that, despite every other time in my life where I've recognized where I stood, I've not gotten much closer to my life-goals than I was then. I see how the worst and most persistent of my bad habits are as bad as they've ever been. I see (generally after the fact) the same brand of careless irresponsibility that's lead me to trouble in the past is still there. I notice that emotional gulf between myself and other people, and I feel it growing, making it harder to reach out. I feel like I'm drifting, distant and detached, and face a growing sense of disappointment with myself, and my life. Huh... guess I'm dissatisfied with how dissatisfied I am with myself too.

I'm keenly aware of how precious this shot at life is, and I want to make something of my time here. I want to leave this world and its people better off for having had me in it, and want to help up as many folks as I can, and point them in any directions I can vouch for, such that they can hopefully help themselves.

Despite having spent a lot of my time focusing on this, I can't help but feel that I'm neglecting my own life. For all my efforts to make others happy, provide advice, and hopefully help them find ways to reach their goals and improve their lives, I've neglected self-improvement... and when I do turn that energy inward, I don't feel inspired. I find it hard to push myself toward who and what I want to be, and don't know how best to proceed.

I'm getting older every day. One day, my life is going to be over, and I don't want to have what regrets I'm already experiencing, let alone more. I need to find direction, and as much as I want someone to swoop in and point it out, I know this is the sort of thing that needs to come from me. If it doesn't, I'm willfully sticking myself back in the same rut of looking for guidance and approval from elsewhere.

I know I want more out of my life... so why is it so hard to push myself toward the life I want?

Have you ever seen It's a Wonderful Life?

At the risk of sounding sappy and such like, that shizzle is fo' real, man. While you might feel like you're not making much of an impact on other people's lives, your mere presence likely brings some degree of joy to a number of people, be it friends and or family. Even the smallest gesture of kindness toward a stranger is going to brighten their day a little, even if you don't know it.

As for life goals, that's just exactly what they are: life goals. If you had fulfilled them by now you wouldn't have much purpose. The journey from start to finish is a long, long road, many twists and turns etc. etc. but heck, you're learning new things on the way. You say careless irresponsibility is a liability, but why not an asset? Life can be real shit sometimes, for whatever reason, and being able to take yourself away from it at times and piss about can be just what anyone need to lift your spirits and get back to things. The trick in that is learning when is, and when is not, a good time to indulge. Instead of looking at what's not gone to plan in your first quarter century, why not consider some of the good things? People, achievements, memories, that sort of thing.

I'm done being chirpy. Go now, brethren, so I can brood in peace.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 2536 2537 [2538] 2539 2540 ... 8167