Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2475 2476 [2477] 2478 2479 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9423547 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #37140 on: September 19, 2011, 05:52:37 am »

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37141 on: September 19, 2011, 06:26:06 am »

I just had a PTSD flareup.

Mounds of corpses, bones, ragged clothes lay at my feet. I couldn't do anything. They were already gone. The living too, they were already gone. Children playing among the bodies because it was all they knew. Everything was decaying, dying, dispersing due to entropy and lack of empathy the sort of things the universe does to itself because we can only feel ourselves until we go back to the same stuff we all came from, the rest of the universe.

Humans are stupid. But there are lives that I need to yet live.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37142 on: September 19, 2011, 07:56:27 am »

PTSD? That's one of the many reasons I don't EVER want to go to war. At most i'd want to be a combat medic, because that's where my skills lie.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #37143 on: September 19, 2011, 08:07:38 am »

And as a combat medic, you'd be as much or more likely to get PTSD than the grunts up front. Yeah, they're getting shot at. Your day consists of being brought their shredded, bleeding remains and asked to save their lives. And every one that you don't save is going to haunt your dreams at night. Oh, and you're getting shot at too.

In other news, I have decided that my job is untenable. I have but one choice forward...the only way I'm gonna get anywhere close to the kind of job I want is to become fully, proficiently fluent in Chinese. That's only about 80,000 characters to learn.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37144 on: September 19, 2011, 08:26:25 am »

I haven't even been to war. I'm having a PTSD flareup from the killing fields and other horrors I've witnessed- and I wasn't even there 30 years ago when shit was going down.

Honestly I can't explain the feeling of standing on top of cluttered mounds of what were thousands of people brutally massacred, in the rain. Surrounded by trees on which children were beaten to death. Tripping over rags that were the clothes these people died in. With pits of headless corpses next to us being used as a swimming pool by the local children.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37145 on: September 19, 2011, 09:03:55 am »

Heart palpitations for the past few weeks: check
Tense shoulders: check
Panic attack yesterday: check
Restless sleep: check
Nightmares: check
     Including mathematicians?  check
     Including math students?  check
     Including math building elevator?  check
Lack of appetite: check
Nausea: check

Ahhhh, Exam Morning.  How I've missed you so!

In other news, I feel pretty awful :3
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #37146 on: September 19, 2011, 09:08:22 am »

PTSD? That's one of the many reasons I don't EVER want to go to war. At most i'd want to be a combat medic, because that's where my skills lie.
Don't worry man, it's perfectly possible to end up with it at home as well. Oh, wait, do worry :P
Love, scriver~

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37147 on: September 19, 2011, 09:14:18 am »

Ahhhh, Exam Morning.  How I've missed you so!

In other news, I feel pretty awful :3
You'll ace it.

*hugs*

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37148 on: September 19, 2011, 09:17:49 am »

*hugs*

I... hope so.  At the very least, it'll be over with soon and I'll be able to get back to all the things I was doing before this little stress pudding splattered everywhere.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37149 on: September 19, 2011, 09:21:58 am »

VECTOR EATS STRESS PUDDING FOR BREAKFAST! AND THEN SHE HAS SECONDSIES! AND NOT A SINGLE FUCK WAS GIVEN!

:D Don't mind me just operating on no sleep and adrenaline kicking in.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #37150 on: September 19, 2011, 09:34:27 am »

Good luck Vector!  I know you'll do well!  ...My first Math exam is next Monday.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #37151 on: September 19, 2011, 09:35:05 am »

Netflix is spinning off its DVD rentals as a whole new company, "Quikster". So now if I want both streaming and DVD service, I not only get the price increase, but now I have two seperate bills as well. Fuck that noise, I'm going digital delivery only.

Quikster is probably describing how fast the company will fold.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37152 on: September 19, 2011, 09:38:34 am »

Netflix is spinning off its DVD rentals as a whole new company, "Quikster". So now if I want both streaming and DVD service, I not only get the price increase, but now I have two seperate bills as well. Fuck that noise, I'm going digital delivery only.

Quikster is probably describing how fast the company will fold.

No. NO. NO SCREW YOU, NETFLIX. We do NOT need this on top of the recent AT&T cap dickism.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #37153 on: September 19, 2011, 09:59:33 am »

VECTOR EATS STRESS PUDDING FOR BREAKFAST! AND THEN SHE HAS SECONDSIES! AND NOT A SINGLE FUCK WAS GIVEN!

:D Don't mind me just operating on no sleep and adrenaline kicking in.

When normal people have epiphanies at crucial moments, resulting in unprecedented skill, they have taken a level in badass. When badasses have epiphanies at crucial moments, resulting in unprecedented skill, they have taken a level in Vector.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37154 on: September 19, 2011, 10:28:36 am »

Ugh, my energy and willpower today is horrible.
My personality profile.
Pages: 1 ... 2475 2476 [2477] 2478 2479 ... 8167