Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2472 2473 [2474] 2475 2476 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9422666 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #37095 on: September 18, 2011, 04:58:35 pm »

Err... I'm not sure how ignoring you to go drinking is flattering you. It sounds like a pretty mean thing to do to someone.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37096 on: September 18, 2011, 05:02:43 pm »

Err... I'm not sure how ignoring you to go drinking is flattering you. It sounds like a pretty mean thing to do to someone.
This. Especially if he said he was going to show up. I'd be furious if I were you. :(
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #37097 on: September 18, 2011, 05:07:10 pm »

I think I'm seriously out of touch with reality. Offline, I tend to switch to synonymspeak with an archaic bent seemingly at random.

Quote from: On creating a PowerPoint presentation for Current World Problems:
Hrm... what thinketh ye of a slide describing the call of the Syrian yeomen for a democracy of Western ilk?

Needless to say, confusion abounded.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37098 on: September 18, 2011, 05:13:18 pm »

I think I'm seriously out of touch with reality. Offline, I tend to switch to synonymspeak with an archaic bent seemingly at random.

Quote from: On creating a PowerPoint presentation for Current World Problems:
Hrm... what thinketh ye of a slide describing the call of the Syrian yeomen for a democracy of Western ilk?

Needless to say, confusion abounded.

At...random? How does that even happen?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #37099 on: September 18, 2011, 05:22:07 pm »

I'll be speaking normally and then I slip on a word, causing a commotion within mine skull. This commotion is oft reconciled not by stopping, nay, but by using a word most similar in rhythm to the beslipped phrase.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37100 on: September 18, 2011, 05:25:20 pm »

Lucky bum.  I just start stuttering and speaking in a language completely unrecognizable as English (... occasionally, I end up faceplanting into Russian or something).
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37101 on: September 18, 2011, 05:37:55 pm »

Been feeling really ill past few days. Nauseous, tired, fuzzy. Been feeling really depressed too.
I've been wanting to do some reading, but every time I sit down and try to do it my head is too fuzzy, and the things going on around me distract me too much.
I've also been feeling rather sore, and lying down in bed has been uncomfortable. Which has just left me fumbling around.
I think I've caught mono, I don't know how that would be possible, I've barely touched anyone in a long time, but somehow I think I have. Maybe it's the dogs.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #37102 on: September 18, 2011, 05:50:12 pm »

O, I'm actually quite broken up about the whole thing and sorta trying to insert awkward humor into the situation to get past it. Hence, "[awkward attempt at laughing]." Sort of my refuge in absurdity. I admit I cried a bit, cause you know... stood up on date sucks.....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37103 on: September 18, 2011, 05:53:48 pm »

O, I'm actually quite broken up about the whole thing and sorta trying to insert awkward humor into the situation to get past it. Hence, "[awkward attempt at laughing]." Sort of my refuge in absurdity. I admit I cried a bit, cause you know... stood up on date sucks.....
But that's not even close to funny, it's terrible! Why couldn't he just tell you he wasn't interested in another date? It'd be much better for both of you...well, I hope you feel better soon!  :-\

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #37104 on: September 18, 2011, 05:56:35 pm »

Well, good luck next time, Truean. If he thought booze was more important, he wasn't worth dating anyway.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #37105 on: September 18, 2011, 05:59:33 pm »

I like how everyone assumes it was a ditch and not peer pressure or otherwise.

MAINLY because I've made some mistakes that made me miss things I really shouldn't of. Blech. Missed my sisters birthday once because some new friends of mine wanted to go out and I went with them since I was afraid to lose them.

Though if it was a ditch, my condolences. I've been there too. This is definitely something that you need to confront him about.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #37106 on: September 18, 2011, 06:01:24 pm »

I guess the difference would be whether the person in question went drinking alone, as I read it, or with other people.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #37107 on: September 18, 2011, 06:03:07 pm »

Thank you guys, I appreciate it.

I'm pretty sure he ditched me though :(. Or if he didn't somehow, he could've called sometime since Friday, or returned my call, or I dunno, something.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #37108 on: September 18, 2011, 06:05:07 pm »

I guess the difference would be whether the person in question went drinking alone, as I read it, or with other people.

That there though, would be unquestionably bad. Though if people were taking cell pictures likely friends were involved is the only reason I said anything

I'm pretty sure he ditched me though :(. Or if he didn't somehow, he could've called sometime since Friday, or returned my call, or I dunno, something.

Also true. Really I was just trying to say it could of been something else and it's a good idea to ask around or directly before jumping to conclusions.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37109 on: September 18, 2011, 06:14:38 pm »

Lonely and bored.

I study really hard so that the departmental people will like me, but then I end up outpacing my peers, underpacing my goals, and generally feeling unsatisfied.

I don't know what I want.  Thursday and Friday were happiness-days, but I guess today was just destined to be a depression-day.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 2472 2473 [2474] 2475 2476 ... 8167