Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2468 2469 [2470] 2471 2472 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9429088 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #37035 on: September 16, 2011, 07:41:48 pm »

Ah, fixed. :P

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37036 on: September 16, 2011, 07:48:55 pm »

Though, if possible, try to get it off the record. Knowing and knowing how to deal is good, having other people know might not be. Having it on publicly access record about twice as likely as that.

Depending on where you are, anyway. Diagnosed 'mental conditions' in the states can close some doors, even if they don't impact functionality :-\

Thats what I'm worried about, I would rather not have anyone who I work for know about my abnormalities.

You say that like it's a done deal. It could merely be you're normal with a side order of anxiety or some other minor aspect which the average non-medical person will mistake for Aspergers.

Thats true and I've already taken that into consideration. I think there is enough evidence to say that I am not a normal person even if I don't have that problem.
My personality profile.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37037 on: September 16, 2011, 07:51:38 pm »

Pff, no one's normal.

Except me. I'm normal, everyone else is weird. ;)
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37038 on: September 16, 2011, 08:19:27 pm »

I suppose I should go if I can keep it off the record. I hope it isn't expensive and time consuming.

-EDIT-

Well, I talked to my father and he said he would help me with the bill. I'm actually having a lot of anxiety over this now. It will probably not be so bad once I find a psychologist and get the details worked out. I hope so at least...
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 09:13:32 pm by Grimshot »
My personality profile.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37039 on: September 16, 2011, 10:28:45 pm »

You guys do not even know how bad I am at acting anything like normal.  It was all sorority and fraternity kids joking about being autistic, most of whom thought it was simple retardation or something and are raising money for the nice Cause In A Package.  The only "good" one (i.e. not totally dreadful) basically wants to grow up to be a disabilities rights lawyer and dedicate her life to autism.

I am the first autism spectrum person with whom she has ever spoken; she apparently thinks we need to speak up so that she can talk to us over tea and go to movies and stuff.  You know, right of the bat, with someone we don't know at all.  She's going to teach a little class next semester on autism.

Fucking hell.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37040 on: September 16, 2011, 10:33:12 pm »

Continuing to be wicked-sick... I've never had a sore throat spread all the way through my nose before, but this one has. It has also moved into my head and upper lungs. I want to do something productive and fun, but I can't. This is the least tubular thing that has happened in some time.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #37041 on: September 16, 2011, 10:41:13 pm »

You guys do not even know how bad I am at acting anything like normal.  It was all sorority and fraternity kids joking about being autistic, most of whom thought it was simple retardation or something and are raising money for the nice Cause In A Package.
It's a good thing I don't have a biological mechanism for making my head explode, because this is the sort of hypocrisy that would lead to its frequent use. This would probably be mildly irritating to those nearby, and probably just wreck the rest of my day until my skull grew back.

It's like, "Guys, I know you think you mean well and all that but... take a step back for a second, and look at what you're trying to do, and what you're actually doing, please. I don't even care so much if you decide helping isn't worth the effort just please stop with the mental dissonance!"

Maybe my expectations are too high, and maybe I'm not that much better but... still.

@Solifuge
Try dissolving cough drops in a fizzy beverage. Greatly reduces the length of time they can act over, but it drastically increases the delivery speed and the area affected of the menthol and that can be a lifesaver depending on the pain. Sick frickin' sucks.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37042 on: September 16, 2011, 11:00:07 pm »

Yeah, I am really not happy about it at all.

But the girl bought me dinner, which was nice.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37043 on: September 16, 2011, 11:41:25 pm »

Diarrhea just got worse. Just as soon as I thought it was stopping, too.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37044 on: September 17, 2011, 12:23:08 am »

Only 83 Touhou songs? This is blasphemy. I should totally have more than just 83.
EDIT: Ugh my legs hurt from either running or not standing up for a good number of hours.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 01:47:42 am by SirAaronIII »
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Sidhien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37045 on: September 17, 2011, 02:29:13 am »

I got to see the inside of my finger today. It was strangely fascinating. The little dangley bits of sub-cutaneous fat were especially intriguing.   :o

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37046 on: September 17, 2011, 03:51:46 am »

I lost track of time and its almost 5 AM now, I hate when I do that... Now my schedule is all screwed up :(.

Also, the forums not working right has been pissing me off. I guess that probably goes in the rage thread though, but bleh, I'm already here.
My personality profile.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37047 on: September 17, 2011, 07:31:51 am »

A bit of ingrown toenail might have embedded itself deeper in my left big toe. It hurts so much if it makes contact with a solid surface if adequate force is applied. This makes wearing shoes and flip-flops very painful if not done carefully, and makes kicking with my left foot impossible without hurting my left big toe. :(
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #37048 on: September 17, 2011, 07:41:29 am »

Summer is fast fading. It's like 60 degrees and pissing rain all day today. Don't think it even made it to 60 yesterday. I hate the cold.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #37049 on: September 17, 2011, 08:23:42 am »

A bit of ingrown toenail might have embedded itself deeper in my left big toe. It hurts so much if it makes contact with a solid surface if adequate force is applied. This makes wearing shoes and flip-flops very painful if not done carefully, and makes kicking with my left foot impossible without hurting my left big toe. :(
Best talk to your doctor about that. I had a similar problem when I was 10...? ish? Anyway it took a quick surgery to fix it properly.
Pages: 1 ... 2468 2469 [2470] 2471 2472 ... 8167