Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2444 2445 [2446] 2447 2448 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9448197 times)

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #36675 on: September 09, 2011, 08:41:36 am »

An Augmented 4th/Diminished 5th is the only interval that has exactly five keys between its lowest and highest note. It is a lonely, lonely interval key distinction.
What makes it even lonelier is that it's also a tritone, the Devil's Interval! Actually, the d5 isn't a tritone even though the intervals are enharmonic because it has half-steps.

Music theory!
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #36676 on: September 09, 2011, 11:51:54 am »

Giant power outage last night. Which wouldn't have been bad, except that I was supposed to meet friends to play games. The combination of traffic and a girlfriend who didn't want to be stuck at home alone in the dark meant I had to miss it. Stupid power outage, couldn't it have picked a night I'd be home?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36677 on: September 09, 2011, 12:01:48 pm »

Blargh haircut.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #36678 on: September 09, 2011, 12:26:18 pm »

Blargh haircut.

But haircuts are sexy! :D
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36679 on: September 09, 2011, 01:42:58 pm »

So thinking back I haven't eaten anything substantial in ~36 hours or so.
sigh
So now my body is complaining at me, which means I have to feed it... again.
I just fed it some food yesterday. Does it really need feeding every single day? It's waaayy too much effort to get up and make food, then chew it down and swallow it, and the endorphin reward is really nowhere near good enough to reward the effort.
Why does having a body have to be so high maintenance? I mean if it doesn't need feeding it needs cleaning, or grooming, or it needs to go through that idiotic sleep cycle thing.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 01:44:33 pm by Pnx »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36680 on: September 09, 2011, 01:51:51 pm »

Quote from: Pnx
sigh
I just fed it some food yesterday. Does it really need feeding every single day? It's waaayy too much effort to get up and make food, then chew it down and swallow it, and the endorphin reward is really nowhere near good enough to reward the effort.
Why does having a body have to be so high maintenance? I mean if it doesn't need feeding it needs cleaning, or grooming, or it needs to go through that idiotic sleep cycle thing.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36681 on: September 09, 2011, 01:57:59 pm »

sigh
I know the feeling :(

Damn body.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36682 on: September 09, 2011, 02:29:16 pm »

Man my internet connection is being weird. It isn't even being consistent about what it's disabling (so it's often the case that I can't access webpages but can talk to people on steam, but just now I reset the router and suddenly I can post again but not talk on steam.  Sorry Toony).

...Hey, Steam's now working again, except it seems that Toonyman has gone back and retroactively decided to have been offline for two hours.  Huh.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 02:36:18 pm by Leafsnail »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #36683 on: September 09, 2011, 02:45:56 pm »

I'm alive I guess it's not working properly.  Unless somebody goes back and in time and kills me.

And then logs me off Steam.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 02:52:23 pm by ToonyMan »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36684 on: September 09, 2011, 02:48:48 pm »

If I went back in time to kill somebody, I would log them off all their IM services. It's the polite thing to do.

Or possibly also leave a notification, so the people wanting to chat aren't left hanging.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36685 on: September 09, 2011, 02:49:21 pm »

If I went back in time to kill somebody, I would log them off all their IM services. It's the polite thing to do.

Or possibly also leave a notification, so the people wanting to chat aren't left hanging.
Just like Candlejack does when he carries people away. It's so nice that he hits the enter ke
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36686 on: September 09, 2011, 02:51:53 pm »

Are you online now, Toony?  Because five of my other friends are.

Only you were killed 2 hours ago.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #36687 on: September 09, 2011, 02:52:59 pm »

You were last alive 5 minutes ago.  I have like five people on as well.  I mean two.  What is going oooooooon.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #36688 on: September 09, 2011, 03:07:17 pm »

So you two arent so confused. It's a server mixup. Steam uses a multi server network and it's possible for someone to be online on one server and offline on another. So someone can be online on one, and offline on another.

If someone who's on a server the online person appears offline in, they'll show as offline. Sometimes they can send messages but you can't message them back. It ALSO ends up showing incorrect last times online often. Probably has to do with conflicting data or whatever.

Really if you suspect something odd is going on, going offline manually by the friends window for a couple of minutes and going online again, or restarting steam tends to fix things.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36689 on: September 09, 2011, 03:23:03 pm »

Really if you suspect something odd is going on, going offline manually by the friends window for a couple of minutes and going online again, or restarting steam tends to fix things.
That's what I normally do.  But for some reason, that, along with the rest of my usual tech fixes, doesn't seem to work today.  Ah well.
Pages: 1 ... 2444 2445 [2446] 2447 2448 ... 8167