Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9473544 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #3660 on: March 25, 2010, 12:29:20 am »

Yeah, speaking of sleeping and stuff, my grandfather was a really good water-finder. Which actually exists - Wierdly enough. But anyway, he could never sleep over moving water. Like, even 200 feet underground. Apparently it'd 'feel strange'.

... Spooky.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: March 25, 2010, 03:26:51 am »

Oh god, I just realized how much incest was in Lion King. And even MORE incest in the sequel.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: March 25, 2010, 03:37:26 am »

Oh god, I just realized how much incest was in Lion King. And even MORE incest in the sequel.
BRAINN BLEACHH!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: March 25, 2010, 03:39:20 am »

Welcome to the Animal Kingdom, where no one is more than three branches of the family tree away from anyone else.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: March 25, 2010, 03:49:31 am »

Even the rabbits?
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: March 25, 2010, 04:10:21 am »

Especially the rabbits (but not the Jackrabbits, goodness no).

Does incest in the animal kingdom have the same effect? I mean, it's not like it's taboo for animals. Or is it? I don't know.

I'm curious.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 04:12:58 am by Jackrabbit »

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: March 25, 2010, 04:12:17 am »

I watched a NatGeo thing about lions, and apparently it was a detriment, but not as bad as humans, IIRC.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: March 25, 2010, 04:18:25 am »

Apparently dogs are really resistant to inbreeding. Like, they can last for way more generations before oddities start happening IIRC.

Something that makes me sad:

There seems to be a certain point of my standard night when absolutely nobody is online to chat to on Steam. It's usually the most boring part of my night. Which sucks.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 04:58:53 am by Tack »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: March 25, 2010, 05:30:38 am »

Tv Tropes changed its format and layout. Like, five minutes ago.

I don't know, it's a bit difficult on the eyes.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: March 25, 2010, 06:45:31 am »

Does incest in the animal kingdom have the same effect? I mean, it's not like it's taboo for animals. Or is it? I don't know.

I'm curious.
Genetically, even cousins are distant enough from each other to avoid any significantly boosted chance of defects. The taboo against incest has vastly exaggerated the risks, it's only immediate family that increases the chances of genetic defects, and even then the chances aren't all that high(>10% I think, can't quite remember the genetics) until multiple generations have passed. Basically, as long as there is new DNA coming into the gene-pool it isn't likely to cause any problems.

Edit: typo
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 06:47:55 am by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: March 25, 2010, 06:46:22 am »

Going off to mexico for 7 days. I hate the hot, and teh thought of getting mugged or stuff stolen.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: March 25, 2010, 06:51:29 am »

Going off to mexico for 7 days. I hate the hot, and teh thought of getting mugged or stuff stolen.

Don't worry, Mexico doesn't make even make the top 10 list for countries likely to get you mugged as a tourist. (Just avoid looking at the ranking for kidnapping)
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: March 25, 2010, 06:54:51 am »

Don't worry, Mexico doesn't make even make the top 10 list for countries likely to get you mugged as a tourist. (Just avoid looking at the ranking for kidnapping)

Remember what they say! Fat people are harder to kidnap!
This only really applies if you are fat... :V
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: March 25, 2010, 08:00:35 am »

Remember what they say! Fat people are harder to kidnap!

So if you're fat and you're all in this bitch, then grab your nutsack?
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: March 25, 2010, 08:25:18 am »

cheetahs are suffering from inbreeding and territorial-ness iirc. sucks, they are my favorite animal.

Mexico is an absolutely wonderful place to go if you like to eat, or like nice weather. Just be sure to travle with a local who is also a good friend. My wife is from Mexico and I didn't feel any danger.

well except this one time when some crazy kid around 13-15 with really long messy hair came up to the side of the car at a stop light. think he was tripping out on something because he kept rubbing his hair back and staring right at me. creepy.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 8167