Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2409 2410 [2411] 2412 2413 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9441062 times)

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #36150 on: August 30, 2011, 10:42:47 pm »

Don't worry about it, then =)

I can't do that until I've talked with my brother again. Even if I didn't carry it out it still corrupted my brother to an extent. After that I'll take your advice. Thanks for telling not to worry about it, I needed that actually.
My personality profile.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36151 on: August 30, 2011, 10:52:19 pm »

Found a Necromunda campaign going on near where I live, contacted the guys organising it and spoke about the gang I'd be using. Looks like they're going to force me to use the old, underpowered and crappy rules which in every review I've heard have resulted in small, underequipped gangs dying to any sort of long range firepower. They also don't want me to use any gangs from outside this one website, meaning some of my all time favourites are out as well, and the vast majority of the rules on this website are absolutely ancient and don't mesh well with the current rules.

Might just roll the old Van Saar plasma horde and annoy everyone.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36152 on: August 30, 2011, 10:56:00 pm »

Clarification - wiki DXM... that's what I get for talking and trying to type at the same time.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36153 on: August 30, 2011, 11:38:47 pm »

Too extremely tired.

Must go complete homework.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #36154 on: August 30, 2011, 11:40:53 pm »

The math department forgot to schedule a Calc III class, and the principal was against it in the first place. Therefore, I only have one semester of math this year. This year is going to blow unless I can somehow save enough to pay for credits to take some math down at the community college.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36155 on: August 30, 2011, 11:55:42 pm »

My internet connection has slowed down to the point where it's driving me goddamn insane.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #36156 on: August 31, 2011, 12:02:34 am »

I'm sad because either steam didn't notify me some time ago about stuff someone tried to give me, or they just didn't pop up.

And now they seem to be gone or expired. Which makes me sad since I realize Cag wanted to play Magicka and tried to give me stuff for it. .<
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36157 on: August 31, 2011, 12:23:46 am »

Dunno why, but I'm just vaguely depressed.  And I feel stressed, overworked, and behind.  On everything.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36158 on: August 31, 2011, 12:32:22 am »

I spoke to my father before he went to bed. He asked me for a leg and foot massage. So I, being the local semi-professional masseuse, ended up having to do it. My mum is too old and tired for this shit.

His legs, once the legs of a man who used to kick my arse in soccer, tennis, basketball, running, any sport you could imagine... were now spotted and white as a zombie's. He's a diabetic who has been lucky to live this long and well.

Well hell, Da. I'm proud of you, in spite of all the bullshit we still go through. Hope we still have a few more years so I can prove to you that I'm the son you always wanted.

Dunno why, but I'm just vaguely depressed.  And I feel stressed, overworked, and behind.  On everything.
*hugs* I'll PM you soon.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36159 on: August 31, 2011, 12:41:52 am »

It's not like that.  I don't know fucking anything.

I wanna talk to Professor... I don't have a name for her.  Not yet.  But I really want to talk to her.  She's the one who is trying to get me to write this honors thesis, and I really want to talk to her and ask about the students in her crazy department.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #36160 on: August 31, 2011, 01:09:54 am »

Got my butt kicked in Terraria.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36161 on: August 31, 2011, 01:21:18 am »

*shrug*

Guess it didn't sink in the first twenty times.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #36162 on: August 31, 2011, 01:50:00 am »

God I'm a horrible person sometimes.

So're we all. *Internet Hug?*

EDIT: Added some emphasis to the quote for clarity.

Thanks, I'll take it, if you'd be so kind. [deflated, hugs]

I'm not sure I like what I'm becoming. My first instinct is always to "prove" things, gather evidence, etc. Just because it works at work, doesn't mean it works outside it.

Inclinations to prove things not serving me well:
1.) For example, I hired a freaking private investigator instead of talking to my friend, who is now in rehab, about why she didn't take the money though she didn't have food (drugs). Why didn't I just talk to her instead?
2.) Before that, instead of talking to her, I tried to deceive her in order to give her the money she needed for food, again, instead of talking to her. To be fair she wasn't accepting it when I offered, but I don't think that's an excuse necessarily.
3.) Whenever I hear a story that's honestly quite tragic, I'm not thinking about the human components of it, only the legal. I just used the phrase "human components," that tells me something right there. I don't see a murder victim, I see elements of a crime and defenses to it. I don't see a poverty stricken family, I see the legal processes that go with that. Same idea. I do take some comfort in the fact that I came by it honestly, but I still don't like that my mind works that way. It's just numb....
4.) I'm overall not a passive, contemplative person, as I'd like to be. I'm active, and to be honest, aggressive. I used to tell myself this was pretty much camouflage for appearing straight, and while that might be partially true, it partially isn't. I still do it in those rare settings that's not an issue.
5.) I never quite relax about things, any of them.
6.) I'm also drinking more than I'd like to compensate for numerous things lately. I truthfully don't think I'm an alcoholic, but then that would be what an alcoholic might say. That's troubling. Perhaps I'll have a talk with someone next time I visit my friend to make sure.
7.)  Makes me wonder what the hell is wrong with me.

Apparently yes, that seems to be about what I'm hearing. Explains where her money went.

:) I appreciate that, honestly. I wonder if I could've gone about it differently, better. Less lying/more openness? Granted, with this kinda thing, it's quite possible individuals who are addicted would lie about their habit, but it appears she doesn't....

Don't get me wrong, I'm very glad she's in rehab.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 06:34:41 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36163 on: August 31, 2011, 02:04:12 am »

1.) For example, I hired a freaking private investigator instead of talking to my friend, who is now in rehab, about why she didn't take the money though she didn't have food (drugs). Why didn't I just talk to her instead?
2.) Before that, instead of talking to her, I tried to deceive her in order to give her the money she needed for food, again, instead of talking to her. To be fair she wasn't accepting it when I offered, but I don't think that's an excuse necessarily.

I dunno, it seems just talking to an addict in such a situation would cause them to run away and refuse the help in the same way she refused the money. For me there are some situations where I'm trapped, there is nowhere left to run and the habit breaks down. She may not have gone in so well if you didn't have a PI ready.

Although really this is just justifying your actions through the end results and not addressing the base concerns you are having.

For that I think you need a bit of a rest after being really tired and frustrated and confused. Hang onto that mood whiplash for your resolutions. Hang out with your friends and realize the goodness of their company. You can pull through it like the rest of us can. Let's make it buddy.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #36164 on: August 31, 2011, 02:32:12 am »

I dunno, it seems just talking to an addict in such a situation would cause them to run away and refuse the help in the same way she refused the money. For me there are some situations where I'm trapped, there is nowhere left to run and the habit breaks down. She may not have gone in so well if you didn't have a PI ready.

Although really this is just justifying your actions through the end results and not addressing the base concerns you are having.

For that I think you need a bit of a rest after being really tired and frustrated and confused. Hang onto that mood whiplash for your resolutions. Hang out with your friends and realize the goodness of their company. You can pull through it like the rest of us can. Let's make it buddy.

I hope you're right, honestly.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 2409 2410 [2411] 2412 2413 ... 8167