Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2397 2398 [2399] 2400 2401 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9430186 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #35970 on: August 27, 2011, 10:33:13 pm »

Just recently learned that an old High School math teacher a couple of my siblings and I had just recently died. Apparently, they broke their neck while surfing in the storm surges (15-ft. waves according to my sister's reports. Even she felt nervous about jumping in; Heck, even I would turn away from catching those). Rest his soul, and find peace for those close to him. He was a good teacher.

EDIT: ↓
Heck, even I said that. I don't remember if he had cancer or someone in his family had it. But I thought it was him when I stated something along those lines. Kinda to lighten the mood.

Hell, if I were to go (untimely or planned, or something), I wanna have fun when I go. Or if I see it coming, I'd like an opportunity to do/say something awesome or last thing you'd expect. Then again, it's not really unique of me to think so. It's an odd thing now I think about it. I've had old friends I knew since elementary school have an untimely end to their lives, and I just merely shrug it off. I fear I handle death way too well. Even the loss of my grandma wasn't that harsh to my psychology/spirit. Then again, inevitably, we'll meet again. Heck, something odd and supernatural occurs, I call them out on it.

↓↓: And ouch. At least it wasn't cayenne pepper. Effective, but painful way to clear sinuses.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 10:51:40 pm by Itnetlolor »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #35971 on: August 27, 2011, 10:43:57 pm »

while I feel sorry for your loss, I have to say, that's one of the better ways to go.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35972 on: August 27, 2011, 10:45:05 pm »

I inhaled salt. Like, into my nose. And it wasn't any of that silly "table" salt, it was motherfuckin' extra coarse sea salt, intended for grinding.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35973 on: August 27, 2011, 11:33:18 pm »

I'm mostly pissed off because I took a year off due to mental health, and at that point it was frankly non-negotiable.

I don't expect her to understand anything about that, though.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #35974 on: August 27, 2011, 11:40:38 pm »

I made a "coming out of the closet" post on Facebook some time ago, and a strong Christian friend invited me to come visit him on the other side of the state.  Traveling there wouldn't be an issue, it's the actual talk that has me worried.  He's a nice guy, I wouldn't have problems with being harassed.  What has me worried is me being able to explain why I don't believe in God anymore.  My Facebook post made me... slightly worried, after I replied to myself with a post that said I didn't believe in God anymore, the "likes" and replies stopped dead.  I guess I've always been a very strong Christian type person to nearly everyone.  One friend in high school even said I seem like a "priest type person."  To drop a figurative bomb like me going atheist/agnostic/who knows has to be shocking.

I think my friend and I will start with message "ping pong" and go from there.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35975 on: August 27, 2011, 11:51:43 pm »

A friend of mine on Facebook posted this to her wall.

Don't I feel fabulous.
I'm mostly pissed off because I took a year off due to mental health, and at that point it was frankly non-negotiable.

I don't expect her to understand anything about that, though.
I gotta say, before I saw the second post, I was like "wth is this all about?" But yeah. Vector, if you took a year off for mental health purposes, that's perfectly fine and probably a good thing.

Now if you pulled something like my sister and ran a good thousand+ miles somewhere with nothing but your boyfriend, some dreams, and a huge grudge against your family, I'd tell you to reconsider. Then again, my sister's a bit...no, I shouldn't be discussing my sister here. That's too much of an unholy combination of rage and sad.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 01:37:41 am by Scaraban »
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #35977 on: August 28, 2011, 01:30:45 am »

BEHOLD MY CONNECTION SPEED! TRULY A THING OF THE GODS!
Hehe, since my Grandmother never uses the computer I have a 2Mb/s download speed and a 3Mb/s upload speed.  It makes absolutely no sense.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35978 on: August 28, 2011, 01:34:54 am »

Yeah, I took the year off because I seemed to be starting to hallucinate, and things had gone so far downhill that there was no point whatsoever in continuing to exert "effort."  I had some eight people basically telling me to get on medication ASAP.

As such, I took the year off in order to avoid medication and retrieve my rationality from where it seemed to be hiding under the bed.  So far, I'm quite convinced that I made the correct decision.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Max176

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35979 on: August 28, 2011, 01:37:06 am »

Watched the funeral of Jack Layton today. It was saddening to see a great leader go, whether you liked him or not, you had to respect the guy. He was the kind of politician that is rare, the kind that actually cares about his people. He fought hard, but in the end, he lost to cancer. I mean, the guy took the lowest-placing party in the House of Commons to the Opposition of Canada. Although he didn't form the government, he forced PM Harper to slide more to the left, and I think he has placed an impact on many. Rest in peace, Jack Layton, you will not be forgotten. My first vote will be to your party, as I think you are one of the greatest Canadians in history.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 01:40:45 am by Max176 »
I'm mining out and admixture every section of adamant ore I can get my easily on to alternation my armoursmith up to allegorical so he can accomplish actively alarming armour for my aggressive. again I'm traveling to do the aforementioned for weapons.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35980 on: August 28, 2011, 01:44:00 am »

BEHOLD MY CONNECTION SPEED! TRULY A THING OF THE GODS!
This server is in Madagascar. Only .4 loss of my epic connection.
Huh. You made me want to do a speed test too.

Considering Lithuania is known for having really fast internet, I'm slightly disappointed.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #35981 on: August 28, 2011, 02:38:00 am »

I don't mean to brag, but...

Fiber optic is great stuff.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35982 on: August 28, 2011, 02:51:38 am »

It's faster then it was before. That's a good thing.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35983 on: August 28, 2011, 02:52:26 am »

Stupid death threats from people who aren't thinking very hard, and who I am therefore not reporting.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35984 on: August 28, 2011, 02:57:41 am »

Stupid death threats from people who aren't thinking very hard, and who I am therefore not reporting.
This made me pissed off. Why would someone want to send a death threat to Vector?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 2397 2398 [2399] 2400 2401 ... 8167