Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2385 2386 [2387] 2388 2389 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9431775 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #35790 on: August 24, 2011, 12:09:29 am »

No need for roses or stuffed animals, really.  No--no encore tonight.  You'll have to wait until tomorrow evening, when we have our grand opening gala here at the Stress-Carnival.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35791 on: August 24, 2011, 12:11:40 am »

Same reason my electric guitar is never used, I'm so terrible I hate practicing, of course leading to no improvement. My life is just a great big story about how a kid who was naturally talented at a few things became convinced that everything should come that easily to him.
I just set goals when it comes to guitar. (Get this far in a song by the end of the week or some-such)

No need for roses or stuffed animals, really.  No--no encore tonight.  You'll have to wait until tomorrow evening, when we have our grand opening gala here at the Stress-Carnival.
I'll bring my nice pants.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35792 on: August 24, 2011, 01:14:17 am »

"It was then, in the moment of her self-inflicted despair, that she recognized a secondary origin of her lopped tresses.  Indeed, Professor Poland's had appeared exactly the same when she first met him, and disinterestedly thought:

'Ah, he walked straight out of a Pieter Bruegel painting.'

And so it was that she had adopted yet another characteristic of her beloved mentor, falling short only in his paunch, stoop, neckbeard, and mathematical ability."

Dunno, I guess I just feel silly and narrate-y.  Sometimes a good cry can make you feel a lot better.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #35793 on: August 24, 2011, 01:56:35 am »

I don't want to work tomorrow.  I'm sick of the drama.  And of working with people I absolutely can't stand.  And of working with people I like up until my mom says "so and so has special needs, didn't you know that?" or they say "so and so is a horrible gossip, she's nice to you just because she wants to hear your secrets!"  I don't even want to know if my mom is right, or if I'm crazy, or if I'm somehow blind to people's intentions around me.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35794 on: August 24, 2011, 05:59:49 am »

Note to self:
Stop posting, except for the occasinal mafia game, my planned creative project and my self-serving journal entries.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #35795 on: August 24, 2011, 07:59:15 am »

Tried playing some TF2 last night with some DFC folks.
Conclusion: a 35-year old with slow reflexes should NOT play TF2.  :(

I tried to find solace by playing a match against training bots. Then the bots started pwning me.  :'(

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35796 on: August 24, 2011, 08:58:19 am »

Music composition? Nope, whatever sounds RIGHT in my head...never translates well to written form (or performed form, either). Aside from that, I always get distracted whenever I'm composing just because it annoys me to use the keyboard/mouse because I don't have a MIDI keyboard.
Strangely, I find it much easier to use the keyboard and mouse to compose, using the MIDI keyboard simply to find the sounds I want more easily. Though, this may just be the fact that I absolutely suck at playing the keyboard, despite its usefulness to have.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35797 on: August 24, 2011, 02:12:42 pm »

I got up in the middle of last night and nearly had a fainting spell.

Also, I'm going to have to curtail my time here a lot, because I want to study, but I think I will also feel very lonely.  Hmm.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #35798 on: August 24, 2011, 02:17:13 pm »

I got up in the middle of last night and nearly had a fainting spell.

Also, I'm going to have to curtail my time here a lot, because I want to study, but I think I will also feel very lonely.  Hmm.

You could always do some time-restricted streams. A 30-minute chunk of time won't be that much of a burden on your studies, and you'd get a lot of interaction with people that would help with loneliness.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35799 on: August 24, 2011, 02:21:52 pm »

Oh, that's a good point.  Maybe I'll see if I can still stream stuff from my school laptop... Anime episodes or something.

Thanks for the suggestion!  I feel pretty relieved!

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35800 on: August 24, 2011, 02:28:58 pm »

I feel like everyone hates me today :(. I realize that it is just a combination of paranoia and my social issues but I still feel like shit.
My personality profile.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #35801 on: August 24, 2011, 02:37:38 pm »

Oh, that's a good point.  Maybe I'll see if I can still stream stuff from my school laptop... Anime episodes or something.

Thanks for the suggestion!  I feel pretty relieved!

Happy to help :)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35802 on: August 24, 2011, 02:39:39 pm »

Ugh, today's turned out completely crap, and it started so well too.
Meh, I guess i was stupid to think I could be happy.
*Hugs*

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #35803 on: August 24, 2011, 02:42:45 pm »

Meh, I guess i was stupid to think I could be happy.
Nope, you were optimistic. If all you have is dreams and hopes, you may as well hold on to them.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35804 on: August 24, 2011, 02:56:33 pm »

[Insert generic 'lonely'-post here]
Pages: 1 ... 2385 2386 [2387] 2388 2389 ... 8167