Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2345 2346 [2347] 2348 2349 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9442316 times)

rutsber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #35190 on: August 14, 2011, 11:43:29 pm »

snip

As someone who also has an aversion to needles, what may help, depending on the severity, is a low dose of some other substance, usually laughing gas or similar, to get you spaced out enough your brain simply ceases to care. Worked for me anyway, and needles usually make me pass out.
Thanks for the laughing gas idea. If I ever need anything in my wrist, They'll need to knock me out or make me cease to care. I get sick if i look at veins popping out of my wrists. Other people, I want to look away but I can handle it.
Gave me an idea. I'm gonna add the milkable tag to the male minotaur. MMMMmmm minotaur cheese.
A loud angry voice and instinct. "FUCK OFF URIST THIS TABLE IS MINE!"

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35191 on: August 14, 2011, 11:45:51 pm »

Heeeeeeeelp I'm stuck in 2002!

And my wireless dongle can't seem to handle it, so I will have to wait for the morning to borrow my dads computer to download service pack 2 onto a flash drive.

I get the feeling that I'll have to get used to a while lot of other technical bullshit and this thing will never run as fast as it did ever again.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35192 on: August 14, 2011, 11:46:27 pm »

I think I should stop comming to this thread... This thought made me sad, so I had to come to this thread.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35193 on: August 15, 2011, 12:54:16 am »

My asthema has been fucking around with me. I've had more moments where I can hardly breathe. And I've coughed to the point where I have a bloody taste in the back of my throat.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35194 on: August 15, 2011, 12:55:28 am »

My asthema has been fucking around with me. I've had more moments where I can hardly breathe. And I've coughed to the point where I have a bloody taste in the back of my throat.
damage to upper mouth, experiencing that too right now, you got a inhaler for your asthma?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #35195 on: August 15, 2011, 12:56:23 am »

is asthema a disease I've never heard of, or do you mean asthma?
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35196 on: August 15, 2011, 12:58:30 am »

damage to upper mouth, experiencing that too right now, you got a inhaler for your asthma?
Yeah. I used my inahler much more than I usually do today.

is asthema a disease I've never heard of, or do you mean asthma?
I mean asthma
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35197 on: August 15, 2011, 01:07:10 am »

I'm going under surgery tomorrow early in the morning to take out wisdom teeth. I'm actually...really scared. Even if I don't have any reason to be, considering technology nowadays. It might be just the needles, though. I am absolutely terrified of needles.
I also had quite a thing against needles (and still do, but less so) when I got my wisdom teeth out, but the needle didn't really bother me. Not in the grand scheme of things. Because when they were taking my wisdom teeth out they were also splitting my palette (the roof of my mouth) at the same time. The only thing I remember between getting the anesthetic, and waking up to throw up blood is this hazy recollection of the nurses saying they needed to give me another shot of morphine, and turning me over to put it in my butt.

I have to say, I did not mind that needle either. :)
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35198 on: August 15, 2011, 03:05:04 am »

I think I might have broken the tip of my left index finger at work. I smashed it between a couple things and 6 hours later it's still hurting.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35199 on: August 15, 2011, 03:10:22 am »

I got my wisdom teeth out a few days ago, actually.  You take a sedative an hour in advance, they put the IV in (the sedative makes sure you barely even notice), you fall asleep, you wake up and go home.  The surgery is actually the easy part.  This is coming from someone who hates needles, too.  It's really not that bad, don't worry.

They put you under for a wisdom tooth extraction? I've been to the hospital to surgically remove wisdom teeth twice, both times it was just simple local anesthetic. The only bothersome part is the little bonesaw-thing the surgeon used to cut the tooth into smaller parts so he could get it out of the jawbone, didn't even notice when the scalpel was used or the stitching. The whole procedure including prep took perhaps 30 minutes each time. Drove home myself afterwards, cheeks full of cotton wads.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35200 on: August 15, 2011, 03:59:08 am »

Three things following a failed trip to WalMart.

1) To the checkout manager, and I know you're the manager because it said so on your shirt, and the two cashiers on duty kept coming up to you trying to resolve issues with the people waiting for them.  You have better things to do with your time than shuffle listlessly around the candy racks, checking prices and avoiding eye contact, while four families worth of people attempt to purchase a week's worth of groceries at 3:30AM.

When I approach the check out area with four items, and am stymied by this crowd already waiting and going nowhere, do the job you were fucking hired to do, and open up another register.  I've come to understand that WalMart has some kind of policy against having more than one-and-a-half registers open during stocking hours (as part of their ongoing commitment against convenience); rules were meant to be broken.  Help me out.  Cut me some slack.  Open a third register, for the people with cartloads of stuff if not for me.  And if you're not going to, don't act too surprised when I dump my four items on the nearest shelf and leave.

2) To the cashiers: stay at your fucking register.  Do not wander off mid checkout to talk to other people or help direct other customers around the store.  You are busy, and you have the power to say you are busy.  If you don't want to be busy, and no one does, resolve the customers already waiting for you.  And if a customer wishes to dispute the price of an item, make one attempt to resolve the matter correctly - if it fails, concede.  It's not worth your time or the customer's or WalMart's to try to talk these people out of any difference smaller than 50%.  Hell, if they're going to be that adamant about the correct price on a pack of Bic pens, I'll make up the quarter difference myself if it will get them out of the store faster.

And 3), a sadly special and specific note to the people in line: Nobody likes stereotypes, but what exactly is a stereotype?  An assumption based on prior information; pattern recognition, if you will.  And it is beyond the power of my human brain to not recognize patterns.  What I'm saying is that stereotypes come from somewhere, and there wouldn't be hurtful stereotypes in the world if there wasn't a non-insignificant number of people in any given category living their lives in unconscious celebration of them.

I don't want to be a racist; I would really appreciate it if some unignorable circumstances of the world would stop trying to convert me.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35201 on: August 15, 2011, 04:03:16 am »

*Hugs Aqizzar*
Can I marry your opinion?

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #35202 on: August 15, 2011, 04:07:37 am »

Solution: Don't go to Wal-Mart. It is a bad store and the company aims to destroy your town's economy.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35203 on: August 15, 2011, 04:08:37 am »

Solution: Don't go to Wal-Mart. It is a bad store and the company aims to destroy your town's economy the world.
Fiks'd
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35204 on: August 15, 2011, 04:10:18 am »

Solution: Don't go to Wal-Mart. It is a bad store and the company aims to destroy your town's economy.

If I knew of another store that's open at 3:30AM, and sells a selection Dr. Scholls footpads and premade sandwiches, I'd go there.  I don't have a lot of options, and like Hell am I shopping anywhere during the daytime.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 2345 2346 [2347] 2348 2349 ... 8167